Personality Tests!

edited October 2013 in OOC Chat
So I had to take some personality tests for a class. Thought it'd be cool to see what other Aetolians got!

Personality Test:
http://www.humanmetrics.com/cgi-win/JTypes2.asp

I turned out to be an ENFP
You have strong preference of Extraversion over Introversion (89%)
You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (62%)
You have distinctive preference of Perceiving over Judging (67%)

ENFPs are both "idea"-people and "people"-people, who see everyone and everything as part of a cosmic whole. They want to both help and to be liked and admired by other people, on both an individual and a humanitarian level. This is rarely a problem for the ENFP, as they are outgoing and warm, and genuinely like people. Some ENFPs have a great deal of zany charm, which can ingratiate them to more stodgy types in spite of their unconventionality.

ENFPs often have strong, if sometimes surprising, values and viewpoints. They tend to try to use their social skills and contacts to persuade others gently (though enthusiastically) of the rightness of these views; this sometimes results in the ENFP neglecting their nearest and dearest while caught up their efforts to change the world.

ENFPs can be the warmest, kindest, and most sympathetic of mates; affectionate, demonstrative, and spontaneous. Many in relationships with an ENFP literally say, "They light up my life." But there is usually a trade-off: the partner must be willing to deal with the practical and financial aspects of the relationship, and the ENFP must be allowed the freedom to follow their latest path, whatever that entails.

Haven

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    edited October 2013
    ISFJ.

Well, this is apparently what this means: http://www.personalitypage.com/ISFJ.html

Xenia
  • Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Xenia
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    what personality is it if you stop the questions half-way through because you get bored??
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    Hey look, I finished it!  hehe

ESFP
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Xenia
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    ISTP for me.
    Xenia
  • http://www.humanmetrics.com/hr/JTypesResult.aspx 

INFJ for me.

It suggests I should become a writer. Ha. 
    imageimage
    XeniaDraimanValenae
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    INTJ for me.

http://keirsey.com/4temps/mastermind.asp

"NTJs apply (often ruthlessly) the criterion "Does it work?" to everything from their own research efforts to the prevailing social norms. This in turn produces an unusual independence of mind, freeing the INTJ from the constraints of authority, convention, or sentiment for its own sake ... INTJs are known as the "Systems Builders" of the types, perhaps in part because they possess the unusual trait of combining imagination and reliability. Whatever system an INTJ happens to be working on is for them the equivalent of a moral cause to an INFJ; both perfectionism and disregard for authority come into play. Personal relationships, particularly romantic ones, can be the INTJ's Achilles heel ... This happens in part because many INTJs do not readily grasp the social rituals ... Perhaps the most fundamental problem, however, is that INTJs really want people to make sense." —Marina Margaret Heiss
    Xenia
  • ENFJ
    Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Feeling(38%)  Judging(1%)
    • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (38%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

ENFJs are the benevolent 'pedagogues' of humanity. They have tremendous charisma by which many are drawn into their nurturant tutelage and/or grand schemes. Many ENFJs have tremendous power to manipulate others with their phenomenal interpersonal skills and unique salesmanship. But it's usually not meant as manipulation -- ENFJs generally believe in their dreams, and see themselves as helpers and enablers, which they usually are.

ENFJs are global learners. They see the big picture. The ENFJs focus is expansive. Some can juggle an amazing number of responsibilities or projects simultaneously. Many ENFJs have tremendous entrepreneurial ability.

ENFJs are, by definition, Js, with whom we associate organization and decisiveness. But they don't resemble the SJs or even the NTJs in organization of the environment nor occasional recalcitrance. ENFJs are organized in the arena of interpersonal affairs. Their offices may or may not be cluttered, but their conclusions (reached through feelings) about people and motives are drawn much more quickly and are more resilient than those of their NFP counterparts.

ENFJs know and appreciate people. Like most NFs, (and Feelers in general), they are apt to neglect themselves and their own needs for the needs of others. They have thinner psychological boundaries than most, and are at risk for being hurt or even abused by less sensitive people. ENFJs often take on more of the burdens of others than they can bear.

Xenia
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

INFP

INFPs focus much of their energy on an inner world dominated by intense feeling and deeply held ethics. They seek an external life that is in keeping with these values. Loyal to the people and causes important to them, INFPs can quickly spot opportunities to implement their ideals. They are curious to understand those around them, and so are accepting and flexible unless their values are threatened.

According to Keirsey, based on observations of behavior, notable INFPs may include Princess Diana, George Orwell, Aldous Huxley, Audrey Hepburn, Richard Gere, Carl Jung, William Shakespeare, Albert Schweitzer and Isabel Briggs Myers, the inventor of the Myers-Briggs test, self-reported to the test she invented with her mother, Katharine Cook Briggs.[11]

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Xenia
  • I got NEDM!

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I decided to do one for my character Haven Locke to see what the results were and they came up as INTJ.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited October 2013
    Apparently my link didn't link to the test results. HMPH.

Anyway, I like this paragraph:
    INFJs are distinguished by both their complexity of character and the unusual range and depth of their talents. Strongly humanitarian in outlook, INFJs tend to be idealists, and because of their J preference for closure and completion, they are generally "doers" as well as dreamers. This rare combination of vision and practicality often results in INFJs taking a disproportionate amount of responsibility in the various causes to which so many of them seem to be drawn.

imageimage
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    edited October 2013
    INTP

INTPs are pensive, analytical folks. They may venture so deeply into thought as to seem detached, and often actually are oblivious to the world around them. Precise about their descriptions, INTPs will often correct others (or be sorely tempted to) if the shade of meaning is a bit off. While annoying to the less concise, this fine discrimination ability gives INTPs so inclined a natural advantage as, for example, grammarians and linguists. INTPs are relatively easy-going and amenable to almost anything until their principles are violated, about which they may become outspoken and inflexible. They prefer to return, however, to a reserved albeit benign ambiance, not wishing to make spectacles of themselves. A major concern for INTPs is the haunting sense of impending failure. They spend considerable time second-guessing themselves. The open-endedness (from Perceiving) conjoined with the need for competence (NT) is expressed in a sense that one's conclusion may well be met by an equally plausible alternative solution, and that, after all, one may very well have overlooked some critical bit of data. An INTP arguing a point may very well be trying to convince himself as much as his opposition. In this way INTPs are markedly different from INTJs, who are much more confident in their competence and willing to act on their convictions.

INTPs and Logic -- One of the tipoffs that a person is an INTP is her obsession with logical correctness. Errors are not often due to poor logic -- apparent faux pas in reasoning are usually a result of overlooking details or of incorrect context.
  • INFJ
    Introvert(44%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(11%)

• You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (44%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
    • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%)
    And then it told me I should go into healthcare work.. which I already do.

XeniaValenae
  • edited October 2013
    Hah so something funny happened.

Filled out for myself;
    INTJ  Rational - Mastermind
    Introvert(33%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Thinking(25%)  Judging(33%)

Then I filled it out while thinking like Ferrik;
    ESTP Artisan - Performer
    Extravert(22%)  Sensing(1%)  Thinking(25%)  Perceiving(44)%

Edit: Herpderp! Especially because of the first line in the article (and the first line of the last paragraph hah) about the performer

• Your Type
    INFJ
    Introvert(56%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(44%)
    • You have moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (56%)
    • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)

Carnifex failing since 2011. Fixes coming Soon ™
  • INTP
    Introvert (78%), Intuitive (38%), Thinking (38%), Perceiving (11%)

Some of the breakdown made me wince a bit in self-recognition.

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    I used to be an INT-J, and now I'm an INF-P. Weird how that changed. 
  • ENTP

Extravert(1%)  iNtuitive(38%)  Thinking(25%)  Perceiving(11)%
    • You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (38%)
    • You have moderate preference of Thinking over Feeling (25%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)
    About right I'd think.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    ISFJ
    Moderate preference of Introversion over Extraversion (33%)
    Slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
    Moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (50%)
    Marginal or no preference of Judging over Perceiving (1%)

In short, a person who:
    - has a "need to be needed". Often taken for granted because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work.
    - are notoriously bad at delegating ("if you want it done, do it yourself") and even though they can feel bad about being treated like doormats and feel they deserve more credit, they also feel it's wrong to -want- rewards for doing the work (it's supposed to be done anyway, right?)
    - are very loyal, keep few close friends rather than many acquaintances.
    - rarely wish to burden people with their problems, keeping it to themselves.

• This is what I got;

ISFJ
    Introvert(33%)  Sensing(44%)  Feeling(50%)  Judging(44%)

Is this test supposed to scare the wits out of you?! Reading into more of it, it's creeping me out a bit, I will admit. 

• I got INTJ. Fun times.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I get different answers whenever I take these types of test, depending on what mood I am in. :/
    AryanneBakhtuh
  • Your Type
    INFP
    Introvert(67%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(69%)  Perceiving(11)%
    • You have distinctive preference of Introversion over Extraversion (67%)
    • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    • You have distinctive preference of Feeling over Thinking (69%)
    • You have slight preference of Perceiving over Judging (11%)
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited October 2013
    INFP (Myself)
    Introvert(11%)  iNtuitive(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Perceiving(44)%
    • You have slight preference of Introversion over Extraversion (11%)
    • You have slight preference of Intuition over Sensing (12%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    • You have moderate preference of Perceiving over Judging (44%)

•                      ENTJ (Aarbrok)
      Extravert(1%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(88%)  Judging(44%)
      • You have marginal or no preference of Extraversion over Introversion (1%)
      • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
      • You have strong preference of Thinking over Feeling (88%)
      • You have moderate preference of Judging over Perceiving (44%)
  • You all should edit to explain what those mean, I am getting tired of looking up the various personality types on the other site! 

• MarienaMariena By a lake.
    Your Type
    ISFJ
    Introvert(78%)  Sensing(12%)  Feeling(12%)  Judging(78%)
    • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
    • You have slight preference of Feeling over Thinking (12%)
    • You have strong preference of Judging over Perceiving (78%)

• edited October 2013
    I've done these before, and I would always get ENFP, but in the last couple years I've started Swinging ENTJ. But, looking at the percentages... it's not a HUGE lean... Neither of the descriptions really sound a lot like me, though. Probably I fall more in some other weird combo-middle-thing.
    A lot of those questions were really vague, or my answer would have been "Depends on the situation" or "Sometimes yes, sometimes no". I like more comprehensive versions of the test that have clearer questions with middle-ground options for responses.

ENTJ
    Extravert(33%)  iNtuitive(25%)  Thinking(1%)  Judging(22%)
    • You have moderate preference of Extraversion over Introversion (33%)
    • You have moderate preference of Intuition over Sensing (25%)
    • You have marginal or no preference of Thinking over Feeling (1%)
    • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (10%)

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I tried to do Arbre and got "You have a slight preference of Thinking over Feeling" and was like wat.

• Your Type
    ISFJ
    Introvert(78%)  Sensing(12%)  Feeling(25%)  Judging(11%)
    • You have strong preference of Introversion over Extraversion (78%)
    • You have slight preference of Sensing over Intuition (12%)
    • You have moderate preference of Feeling over Thinking (25%)
    • You have slight preference of Judging over Perceiving (11%

ISFJs are characterized above all by their desire to serve others, their "need to be needed." In extreme cases, this need is so strong that standard give-and-take relationships are deeply unsatisfying to them; however, most ISFJs find more than enough with which to occupy themselves within the framework of a normal life. (Since ISFJs, like all SJs, are very much bound by the prevailing social conventions, their form of "service" is likely to exclude any elements of moral or political controversy; they specialize in the local, the personal, and the practical.) 

ISFJs are often unappreciated, at work, home, and play. Ironically, because they prove over and over that they can be relied on for their loyalty and unstinting, high-quality work, those around them often take them for granted--even take advantage of them. Admittedly, the problem is sometimes aggravated by the ISFJs themselves; for instance, they are notoriously bad at delegating ("If you want it done right, do it yourself"). And although they're hurt by being treated like doormats, they are often unwilling to toot their own horns about their accomplishments because they feel that although they deserve more credit than they're getting, it's somehow wrong to want any sort of reward for doing work (which is supposed to be a virtue in itself). (And as low-profile Is, their actions don't call attention to themselves as with charismatic Es.) Because of all of this, ISFJs are often overworked, and as a result may suffer from psychosomatic illnesses.