Elder Scout's Return

AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cakeBedford, VA
So, I love reading RP logs. But people are shier about putting stuff up! So, I'm taking the first step and posting something that isn't necessarily GROUND BREAKING, EARTH SHATTERING RP but might be a pleasant read and introduce you to a few characters you may enjoy. I hope you like.

(Scouts): Astanmos says, "Hello all."

(Sentinels): Kallah says, "Greetings Astanmos."

The following members of the Sentinels are in the realm:
Member         Rank                          Position       Class
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Angwe          the Prideleader               Guildmaster    Sentinel
Aarbrok        a Wildwood Sentry             Secretary      Lycanthrope
Relandroc      a Seeker of the Rhythm                       Sentinel
Astanmos       a Scout                                      Sentinel
Kallah         a Scout                                      Lycanthrope
Xemnas         a Scout                                      Shaman

(Sentinels): You say, "Hail, Scout."

(Scouts): Astanmos says, "It has been many years since I last graced these lands."

(Scouts): You say, "There's likely much that's unfamiliar to you."

You order your wolf to track down Astanmos and it begins sniffing the air to find his scent.

(Scouts): Astanmos says, "Indeed."

With a howl, your wolf begins to dash off into the distance. You quickly swing
up on its back as it passes you by and hold on tight as it bounds towards your
target with great strides.
Traversing a solid, organic landbridge (43714) - Duiran (231)
This organic, natural landbridge is solid and sturdy enough to withstand the weight of packbeasts, though appears to be floating above the currents of the lake rather than damming it. The bridge connects the Heartwood to the western riverbank, the cliff face of the Hollow rising up to meet the gargantuan trunk of the Great Oak. The bridge is barely a level above the lake waters, and one step to either side would yield a plunge into the cool waters. Resting on the ground is a cube-shaped silver sigil. A golden dragon kite decoration flutters about when the air moves. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Blending in nearly perfectly with her environs, a cloaked wilderness warden waits here for potential trouble. A burly centaur stands sentinel, his hefty crossbow at the ready. A faun of the ancient wood lingers in the area, his presence vaguely eerie.Astanmos is here. The sublime glow of the core casts an effulgent green light over the surrounding area.

(Scouts): Astanmos says, "Guild skills, included."

He is a typical Mhun and is a little taller than average height for his race. His hair is jet black, and shaven quite short. His eyes are of the same ebony colour, and peer about curiously analysing his surroundings. His face is rather drawn out and gaunt-looking, giving the impression that he is older than he actually is. His body lithe, yet still muscular, gives him great speed. His stance suggests that he is ready to take on the world.
He is wearing:
an Aetolian bicentennial pendant, around the neck
an acorn brooch, worn on the shirt
a gardener's pair of gloves, worn on the hands
a wyrmskin pack, worn on the back
a secure brass keyring, worn on the belt
the Aetolian bicentennial ring, worn on a finger

You turn to face Astanmos clenching your right fist and pounding your chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

You smile wryly.

You say, "And traditions."

Astanmos will now be known as Scout Astanmos.

Astanmos greets you with a sincere smile.

(Scouts): Kallah says, "If you need any help, don't hesitate to ask."

Astanmos says, "I need to relearn some guild skills, do I focus on Dhuriv or toxicology?"

You have emoted: "My name is Angwe," Angwe says, his eyeless, glowing gaze flicking up and down over Astanmos's form. "Angwe Arcan, the headman of th' tribe Iol'Spaigh."

Astanmos nods his head at you.

Raising his right hand to his chest once more and inclining his head to Astanmos, you say, "I am the current Prideleader."

Astanmos says, "Indeed, it is a pleasure."

"Always a pleasure when elder Sentinels awake from long sleep," Angwe adds, his smile changing to a grin. Reaching into a fetish pouch with a hemp drawstring, he withdraws an ornate leviathanbone cigarette case. "Cigarette?"

Flicking an ornate leviathanbone cigarette case open, you select a hand-rolled pungent cigarette and withdraw it, snapping the case shut with a turn of your wrist.

Astanmos says, "No, thankyou. I do wish to stay as healthy as possible."

Giving an ornate leviathanbone cigarette case a slight shake, you flick it open and proceed to fill it with a hand-rolled pungent cigarette, making sure they are secure before snapping the case shut.

Angwe chuckles as he slips an ornate leviathanbone cigarette case back into a fetish pouch with a hemp drawstring. "Well, to each their own."

Astanmos asks, "So, am I going to need to restart the entire cub process again?"

Astanmos says, "I am unsure as to what had been completed before I departed."

Angwe sticks his thumbs in the belt of his bandolier, shifting his weight between hooves. "So," he says, a bit uncertainly, "Uh- well... do you remember where you were?"

You say, "Nah? Hrm..."

Astanmos says, "I will need to relearn things anyway, so the beginning is probably a nice place."

You say to Astanmos, "Well, th' process is greatly streamlined from when you were 'round, if I understand what records of that time remain open to me."

Kerryn tells you, "Are you free to go now?"

You tell Kerryn, "Eh, a LITTLE bit busy. This shouldn't take long."

You suck thoughtfully on your teeth.

You say to Astanmos, "Well... while you're trying to get back into th' swing of basic things, I suggest giving HELP ACADEMY a look."

You tap your nose knowingly.

Kerryn tells you, "I'm free whenever you are."

Astanmos asks, "So, are you able to give me a quick overview of the guild skills as they currently are?"

Astanmos nods his head emphatically.

You ask Astanmos, "You're from, uh... before Resurgence and th' gift of Dhuriv from th' Ancestors, nah?"

Astanmos says, "That is correct."

Clarifying, you ask, "Back when we were able to bond with th' spirits?"

Ezalor tells you, "You."

Astanmos says, "It seems to long ago."

You say to Astanmos, "I've a book that can explain exactly what happened... quick version? Th' Pride's Unity had fallen to such a state that th' spirits left us."

Astanmos says, "Oohhhhhhhhhh,"

You say to Astanmos, "Th' Ancestor spirits of th' Sentinels of old appeared to us. Through our connection to th' Oak, they blessed us with th' knowledge of their Old Ways."

You pull a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive from your weaponbelt fluidly.
You start to wield a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive in your hands.

"The dhurive," Angwe says, passing a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive carefully to Astanmos.

Ezalor tells you, "[REDACTED]"

You tell Ezalor, "Ugh... fine."

With a hint of pride in his voice, you say, "Mine is a bit... different from most. But th' basic design is th' same."

Astanmos starts to wield a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive in his hands.

Astanmos's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Astanmos thanks you sincerely.

Warningly, you say, "Careful... it's made for me. Ain't balanced for your height 'n weight."

Astanmos says, "I see."

You say, "We make our dhurives ourselves... each one is personal. Unique and perfect for their wielder."

Comprehension flashes across Astanmos's face.

Astanmos gives a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive to you.

Astanmos says, "Okay, well I need to depart for a time, but I do intend to return."

You say, "While you COULD use another person's dhurive, it'd be... unnatural. Like using someone else's arm, y'know?"

You cease to wield a twin-bladed, dragonbone dhurive in your hands, securing it conveniently on your weaponbelt.

Astanmos says, "And then I shall make a start on everything."

You clench your right fist and pound your chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

Astanmos yawns suddenly and mightily.

Astanmos clenches his right fist and pounds his chest thrice in rapid succession, symbolizing the vibrant heart that beats within.

You place your fingers to your mouth, and focusing mentally on your trusty steed you blow hard, creating a sharp, carrying whistle.
A roan brumby stallion trots in, beckoned by its master's call.

You swiftly swing up onto a roan brumby stallion.

(Scouts): Astanmos says, "Take care all, I shall see you soon!"

Astanmos grows still and his lips begin to move silently.

Snapping the reins, you exclaim, "Yah!"
KerrynAarbrokAkaryuterraTrigruJaslineTokBakhtuhMoirean

Comments

• Astanmos...

I have this vague feeling I knew him, first time round. Might even have been family. Or just a similar name.