When Life Gives You Lemons

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited August 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Log: http://www.logsty.com/logs/T5SRd

Summary: Anfini gives a public lecture on the science of Numerology, fails to explain it cohesively, but stirs up a little discussion and thinking, and gives a few people a hankering for key lime pie.
DraimanMoireanVharenBakhtuhCiarelleKerrynAngwe

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Yea, I had every intention of participating in that, but I was tired and also reading Xenocide and kind of... zoned out badly.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    It's alright, if I was being honest with myself I'd say I didn't make it especially exciting. But hey, I call it an experiment for a reason!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs

I thought it was a blast. From the point of view of a not-scientifically minded person who's lived around the concepts from friends, it was kind of fun to chime in with the right anwsers every so often.

• ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I had a lot of fun yelling Ef'tig, and variations thereof.
    PiperLin
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Damn it I missed it :( And I really wanted to attend. I'll be so happy when I have real internet.

Looked like a lot of fun though. :D
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That wasn't anywhere near as naff as you implied it would have been! That was really lively and the interaction from everyone was really grand. Lectures where everyone sits silently are a pain to slog through, but on the other hand it didn't degenerate into circular arguments, which I half-expected! Well played by everyone I think. And if it gets interested parties interacting more with the cabal then that's the best thing ever~

LinBakhtuh
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    That was a really fun read, thanks for sharing! I'm bummed I missed out on this, because it really looked like an entertaining event - and most of the attendants were lifers! Awesome to see some cross-org RP being promoted like that, so definite props.

You did a GREAT job of drawing people in to participate, which resulted in a very fun, lively lecture. In scenes like this, it's hard to convey both the information you want to AND maintain a character role AND engage the audience, so you definitely had a task to struggle with, but you did it wonderfully. I think the actual information given was a bit scant - but appropriately so, given the audience of lifers/newbs (ilupiperdon'thitme), and the tone you set really helped with this. It was brisk and quick and upbeat, which helped you create a very fun glimpse into the Cabal world, almost like an intro lecture on a first day of class, and left me (and I'm sure others!) wanting more. I seriously want to be a Cabbie now, if only to be the one who blows up the world >_>

You should totally do more lectures everyone should omg read chelp research grants i'll even pay you money for it that was greaaaaaaaaat
    Bakhtuh
  • So sad I missed this. Considering how complex and uncertain IG numerology is (at least to me, it is), you did a great job at breaking it down. It looked like quite a lively discussion. Totally loved the audience participation bits. More such lectures, please! And not just from the Cabal, from everyone. 
    For beauty is nothing but the beginning of terror, which we are still just able to endure,
    and we are so awed because it serenely disdains to annihilate us.
    Every angel is terrifying.
    MoireanCiarelle
  • I really enjoyed reading this and was sorry I couldn't be there. More please!
  • I'm sorry I couldn't join in sooner! More please!
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*