Losing weight (Advice and encouragement)

2»

Comments

• Konnorn said:
    Edit: Also, it's so nice when the one you live with says 'You're never gonna pull it off'. Now that's encouragement. <.< I'm hoping to get some from you on January 1st. If nothing else, I'm gonna prove her wrong.

well, if you can emotionally shut out whoever she is that's putting you down, you'll shed some 80-summit spiritual kg's in an instant. fight the powwah!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited January 2013
    For me the biggest revelation was eating. I used to eat whatever the hell I wanted, drink hella sodas, and really gorge myself every meal until I was super full. This was all fine and dandy when I was still going to the gym everyday, playing football, and working out. Then one fateful day I blew out my shoulder and all physical activity stopped but my eating habits didn't.

I got FAT. I went to 5'11 and 225 at my biggest, which looked awful. Double chin, big stomach, the works. I finally decided for the first time in my life to actually go on a diet. I started consuming 5 small meals a day instead of 1 or 2 big ones. They would look something like:

Wake up: 1 egg and 7 egg whites, 1 cup of raw oatmeal
    Lunch: An apple and 2 pieces of plain rye bread with a couple slices of turkey breast
    Afternoon: An apple and 19 almonds
    Dinner: Brown rice with grilled chicken breast and broccoli
    Post-workout: A bagel and a protein shake

I didn't drink anything but water and tea. Occasionally coffee. A cheat meal every two weeks (ideally, but I ended up taking one every week). When I first started I got really hungry throughout the day, starving between meals really. But now I've trained my body for it to be a perfect amount. My full stomach capacity now is about half (literally) what it was before.

I coupled this with an hour of weights + 30 minutes of cardio 6 days a week. It's tough but the benefits have definitely been worth it. In two months of keeping this regimen I'm down to 190 pounds (once I've lost more fat I'm planning to bulk back up to 200), a loss of 35 pounds. My strength has increased a lot despite my weight loss - I'm benching 205 now, while I was at around 155 when fat. My ultimate goal is to be able to put up 225 and I expect to be there in a few more months!

Really the hardest part for me was starting out. Cardio was hell for me back at the start but I always ran in front of a mirror, watching my double chins wobbling; I wanted to look good more than I wanted to slack off. I'm proud of how I look now!

Oh and I listened to this thing on repeat too when I first started:

Good motivational stuff!

2 Months Ago:
    Today:

KonnornArbreAmaraInninValenae
  • Cocaine.

Or, if you're a pussy, meth.