Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Hrm. For no reason other than I it is impossible for us to coexist...

VOTE: LLOK

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

• This is so full of round 1 logic... highly inappropriate after 5 pages of chatter from a lot of different parties.
    Haven
  • First off, I want to apologize to everyone and to @llok. This is supposed to be a game for everyone to have fun with and enjoy and I took it to somewhere it should not have gone to. I should not have let a personal trigger sway my opinion in a game for any reason and with that I am sorry.

Secondly here is my notes so far while I was reading everything.:

Macavity Against role claim unsure of no lynch at start, Actual started the No lynch vote
    Vharen voted Macavity unvote Mac vote Daskalos
    Meskhenet Against No lynch
    Moirean Wanted Role claim and no lynch,attacked by everyone in night round.
    Sarita Voted Kaeus
    Desian quiet since first posting
    Haern (newbie) Voted No lynch
    Aldric Voted No Lynch
    Llok First rd voted Demarcus  switched to No lynch
    Ilyon Vote Haern to force talk, Unvote Haern switch to Aldric, unvote Aldric switch to Nolycnh
    Aryanne
    Aarbrok  Voted Alexina
    Minarael voted Aren switched to No Lynch
    Piper
    Periluna Voted No Lynch
    Jasline Voted No lynch
    Xenia Voted No Lynch
    Kaeus Quiet since first post.
    Damonicus Voted No Lynch. Made an ass out of himself round 3
    Aren Voted no Lynch
    Daskalos (newbie) Voted No Lynch
    Teani voted Sarita to force Sarita to talk, Switched to Aarbrok, unvite Aarbrok switch to Aldric, unvote Aldric switch to no lynch
    Demarcus Random sim to vote for Aren
    Esper
    Alexina voted Aarbrok

More to come a bit later.

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Llok said:
    No. Not really.

You need to get over your obsession with quiet being inherently guilty. 
    Llok said:
    Damonicus said:
    Does it bother anyone else we have five pages of information, but only one post from Desian??
    Why would it bother us other than to imply the guilt of Desian? Here comes the perma focus of Damonicus!
    So your first response would seem to indicate that you disagree with the implication of quiet ~ guilty. But then come back responding to the same post as seemingly agreeing that quiet ~ guilty. But only after Ilyon made the suggestion. So which is it, Llok? Do we all need to get over our obsession with quiet people carrying some burden of implied guilt?

I'm very rarely comfortable with anyone defending someone else. That would imply inside knowledge not readily available to others. For having 1 day and night round thus far, there really isn't much of a chance for Llok to have inside knowledge of anyone else other than posts, and I personally would really not feel comfortable defending someone off of 1 post only. I'm down to see where this Llok train ends up, might end up with 2 for the price of 1.

Vote: Llok
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Still waiting to hear what the Syssin learned. Seems pretty antsy to vote without knowing that.
    Esper
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    It would be a very good idea if the Syssin could try to communicate in some way. Round is ticking. I just think it's very suspicious for Llok to defend someone and in his defence only come up with a quirky response. If my reasoning was so flawed, better to be more detailed than simply responding with that.

• That was badly written on my part. Apologies.

I don't really agree that quiet = guilty. Having lives outside of this I tend to view quiet =busy.

My comment was meant to convey that if it was bothering us we would think he is guilty.

The here comes the perms focus comment was about him voting for me.

As for Desian, he's played multiple ways in multiple games. I've known him to be quiet and innocent. Quiet and guilty.

Moirean is being as loud as she was last time. She made good sense last time. She was guilty last time. She was innocent last time.

Don't think I'm defending him or excusing him. I'm not. Frankly I would join a train on him because I don't believe he is adding anything to the game at this point.

I'm more suspicious of the -active- people who add little. People like Dask or piper.

I don't suspect damonicous or Moirean at this point. Everyone else is fair game at this point.
  • Wait, what? Someone is either guilty or they're innocent right? I don't understand what you're trying to say there with some of that Llok. The majority of it I do understand though.

So going back and looking through all the posts of the two people that have been named as suspicious we have:

-Desian was the third person to post on the first page. He basically said not to lynch an experienced player.

-Llok was the fourth person to post on the first page and he voted for Demarcus for being annoying. Even though Demarcus had yet to talk at all.

-Llok posts that Sarita's idea would be easy to exploit.

-Llok argues against a no lynch and raises some points as to why.

-Llok posts that a bunch of people are talking and not voting either way.

-Llok argues against a no lynch again and thinks that the Rellwy should work with the Conclaves initially.

-Llok then votes for the no lynch saying that Omei might be cruel and that the wrong people are running the game.

-Llok says we should have lynched someone and gives his opinion on the results of the no lynch and night round stuff.

-Llok and Damonicus then get into it with each other.

-Llok then defends himself when Ilyon votes for him.

-Llok then makes a joke when Teani votes for him.

-Llok gives his opinion on the logic being used this round.

-And now we're at Llok's current post where he explains his logic/thought processes somewhat.

I've come to the conclusion that only four of his posts so far were actually contributing something to the game.

We have people voting for him because 1.) he seemed to contradict himself, 2.) People don't seem to like him, 3.) His logic is convoluted, and 4.) His being more vocal than Desian could mean they're on the same team.

Looking back at everything and taking the context into account as well, I'm not yet convinced that he isn't a Rellyw. But then it's probably too early to tell who is and isn't yet.  I'm going to look through some things again and think a bit more before I vote.
  • Hm. 

There is a whole lot of convoluted logic in the thread of Llok babble. The defense of another player also makes me a little antsy. That's an odd thing to do when everyone is a potential suspect.

Quiet isn't automatically suspect but it is problematic. We need to see people participate to get a read on their motivations and follow thought patterns. People who are active on the thread but aren't posting are definitely suspect unless they provide a solid justification for it. People who are normally really noisy and are suddenly quiet are also suspect. It's in the best interest of someone holding a power role to sit tight and relatively quiet. Noise makers draw attention to themselves.

I -definitely- don't think we should automatically assume Moirean's innocent simply because the Jailer pegged her. She is loudly defending an idea which only serves the rellyw (no lynch), which makes her probably innocent. The best option out of a whole host of players to protect, also an obvious target for both the Conclaves (no lynch is bad for them) and the Indorani (looking to off anyone not them and hopefully a rellyw to keep the Conclaves in check). Everyone targeting her isn't really all that surprising. I am putting her on the 'probably safe' pile, but I don't feel enough goodwill to start sharing info with her.

imageimage
  • Dask also seem pretty suspicious to me for the reasons mentioned by Llok. Lots of activity, very little chatter. Piper has spoken up a reasonable amount. 
    imageimage
  • Moi is either a rellyw or Indorani.
    If she was either conclave there would have been two kills attempted during the night.
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    Sorry, my lack of presence was near unavoidable but I'm up and about now. Jebus, there is a ton of back and forthing and it's hard to get a grasp of what's going on. I'm not being quiet purposely, I promise you all.

Honestly, from what I see, Llok has a habit of flailing around with his 'logic' whenever the focus is on him. I don't suspect him of being innocent but I think that he'll never come across as 'innocent' or a rellyw because the man just doesn't know how. Not defending him, just pointing that out.
  • How do we know there wasn't.....

• The odds are against it and I'd assume there would be a different message for it.
  • A runner arrives with a scrap of paper from the Warden's office. It reads:

"Periluna is innocent. Well, she's a Rellyw, anyway."

i am rapture coder
  • You would think the Syssin would have posted by now if they were going to do so or had something relevant.

Moi is unlikely an Indorani. That's pretty much the only assumption we can make without a full report from the Warden.

Llok is loud and is going to pull attention no matter what. I'm not sure that necessarily makes him guilty. The question is whether or not the discussion he generates is useful.

Desian hasn't done much since his first defense, Kaeus is quiet, Mesk is shady, Daskalos is at the very least bandwagon-y, Aren and Aarbrok both neglected to defend themselves in the last round, and Alexina is rich so possibly a Donna. Hrm.

Unvote: Meskhenet

He's coming across more certifiably suspicious than anyone else at the moment. His defense isn't as terrible as it could be, but it's jumping around. Quite honestly, I would not feel absolutely horrid if he turned out to be Rellyw. I wouldn't say I'd be certain enough to off him if this was the arr ell, but I'm okay with turning up the heat unless he somehow comes up with a better defense.

• I'm quiet because I am on travel for work (get back this weekend) and because I've not had time to analyze this more complex than expected game.
    Piper
  • How can I come up with a better defence when the origin of this train has absolutely no substance?

Gathers momentum with no substance, forcing me into a position of defending myself, being debated by multiple people, forcing me into a position of further defending myself.

Then people come along and call me loud.

They then take things out of context and say I'm jumping all over the place. When I'm actually consistent.

I've been a lot quieter this game till this round where this ill-formed bandwagon has come along.
  • Question: The first warden anon pst was: "moirean wuz v. populur. jailer, indorone, & Konklaves all went after her. -Warden"

The indorani have no active skills besides the Summoner who doubles a lynch vote, so are you telling me the Summoner wasted his skill on a large no lynch train???

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    they have no active skills but they do vote for a lynch each night and I believe this was meant to say that Moi was targetted for that lynch but our Jailer picked her as well to lock up which saved her.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • The original accusation was not sound, no, but forcing people to defend themselves sort of seems to be the point of voting pressure.

You bring up an interesting point, though. By your own admission, you are being quieter this game. That is a change in behavior from the last one where you were innocent.

Demarcus
  • @Damonicus - I am...fairly sure the warden was just responding to the general series of events, not necessarily saying that the warden saw the indorani getting up to bad business. 

@Llok - While I think the initial train on you was poorly started, your explanation of the series of events that followed is not quite accurate. Frankly, offing you is probably useful whether you are guilty or innocent, because you tend to instigate a lot of baffling, useless discussion. Having sat on it for a bit, I think I'm generally in favor of training you simply to keep things moving in a good way. Plus Vharen has a good point about you being awfully quiet this time 'round comparatively. 

Unvote: Meskhenet 
    imageimage
    Demarcus
  • I..think.. that puts us at a halfway point for a train? 7/14?
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited August 2013
    @Damonicus - I am...fairly sure the warden was just responding to the general series of events, not necessarily saying that the warden saw the indorani getting up to bad business. 

...what? The warden seems to have been pretty clearly giving his report on the actions he saw last night. I know that I saw a bunch of hooded types stinking of necromancy reaching at me through the bars - I stuck my tongue out at them, ha! - but obviously you aren't taking my word for it. Now the warden is suspect, when we've not had any other reports? The lack of another report saying "Hey, that report was fake" pretty much confirms that the first one is real (or that the real Warden isn't playing/hates us).

As for randomly voting on a train, I doubt you guys will go with another no lynch, so I'd rather vote on Desian. If he's staying quiet because he's guilty then maybe we get an Indorani. If he's staying quiet because he's MIA, then I'd rather kill him off to get him out of the way - if he's a power role, that means we'll get someone active in the spot instead. At the least, we might get a post from him.

Vote: Desian

edit cuz I used bb tags to bold lol
  • So it is safe to assume the warden and the syssin know each other now?

• DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Re: @Moirean , the Warden's report did indicate that BOTH "konklaves" (i.e. plural) targetted her, so unless there was a positive targetting that hasn't been indicated, like scouting, I'm strongly inclined to believe Moi to be one of us good guys. Just noticed that and thought I would share.
  • The warden's post was frustratingly vague. If the note was from them, I'd encourage them to be a little less derp next time. Knowing which powers were used and which weren't would be extremely useful.

I'm at least interested in hearing Desian's defense after his "My advice will be invaluable" spiel at the beginning with not a word since.

• How long do we have until you're pushing the round, @Omei?

And a poke at @Desian since he is under question.

• @Moirean - I meant specifically that it doesn't require a special power to notice that the Indorani tried to off you. I think the inclusion of the indorani in the message that you were a popular gal last night doesn't indicate anything extraordinary, as Damonicus seemed to be suggesting. The Warden's message was pretty infuriatingly vague. 
    imageimage
  • Damonicus said:
    So it is safe to assume the warden and the syssin know each other now?
    I FINALLY HAVE A FUNCTIONAL KEYBOARD! :D (I am super thrilled about this new toy)

*clears throat* ANYWAY! Now that I can finally speak up, I fell so behind the loop and times. I think for the most part I've caught up, but no one is screaming "guilty" at me, though for sure all the sudden @moirean night attention is very interesting and the broad spectrum of attention suggests she's likely innocent to me. Especially if we're to believe the anonymous "warden" note about her visitors last night. I guess it's she innocent or she's in one of the conclaves that didn't go after her. That said, the warden isn't specific about if ALL conclaves went after her, or just one, or what... so yeah. Still curious.

Also, she made mention of the Nature-walk power and I went back and read the description of the power and I'm still left with a question @omei (sorry if this was already cleared up somewhere and I missed it): If someone is sent off on the nature-walk, making them unable to vote on lynches, can they still talk here and simply can't vote, or are they unable to post at all until the night round and they're back from the adventure?