Mafia: The Rellyw Rebellion - Game Thread

Comments

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Omei picking who to kill is really a bad idea. The first Day has gone on for quite some time and some people are still not joining in the chatter, making me want to keep an eye on them in the future. Some people have just bandwagoned without opinion, making them seem suspicious as well.

I've stated my opinion clearly already, I think a nolynch is a terrible idea, but the thought of a random offing makes me cringe more than if we could actually decide on someone for ourselves.

Unvote Aldric
    Vote no lynch

• Yea, pretty much with Teani. Rather no lynch than no vote. Omei's kinda vicious, guys. I -think- we are caught up on votes anyhow, but just in case. 

Vote: No Lynch
    imageimage
  • No Lynch (15): Macavity, Periluna, Xenia, Daskalos, Aren, Aarbrok, Haern, Aldric, Damonicus, Jasline, Moirean, Llok, Ilyon, Teani, Minarael
    Kaeus (1): Sarita
    Aarbrok (1): Alexina
    Daskalos (1): Vharen
    Aren (1): Demarcus

19/25 players have cast a vote.

After significant argument back and forth among their own ranks, the assorted mob that has made camp in the Central Basilica fails to arrive at any strong conclusions:

"This is an armed, violent rebellion, but that doesn't mean we should kill them."
    "Yeah. We can be civilized about this."
    "The Ankyreans enslaved us! Murdered us! Used us in science experiments! Made fun of our drinking songs!"
    "Well, to be fair, those get pretty terrible after the third round of stout."
    "Irregardless!"
    "That's not even a word."
    "How would you know that? You're probably an Ankyrean!"
    "Naaah, look at him. That s Pedantic Pete. He's out of Hashan. He's just a Troll with airs."
    "Don't Ankyreans look a bit like Trolls?"
    "Naaaah."

No lynch was conducted today. It is now Round Two, Night.

i am rapture coder
    MoireanAarbrok
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn
    Omei said:
    Rule update: anonymous messages will show up to the Warden, and their sending is obfuscated by the Consanguine Experiment's cloak. No name will be attached to anonymous messages, although the report at the end of the round will include them, E.G. "A rellyw/the Dhasan of Art sent an anonymous message with the following text: 'blah blah blah.'"

Apologies for amending the game in progress. It simply felt like a necessary change.

I see what you did there. Alright peeps, now is our chance to roleclaim. Let me know if there are gaping holes in this plan:

Vigilante, Jailer, and Syssin all send anonymous messages to the Warden with who they are going to target and who they claim they are. Then they target those people at night, and the Warden will have a very high likelihood of knowing who our power roles are and at least there will be a group of rellyw power roles that know one another. Though we may want to hold off on the Vigilante role-claiming so he/she doesn't accidentally whack the Warden, Jailer, or Syssin in the process, forcing us to use the Conscript and set back the plan a bit.

With this many people, the odds of a false role claim are pretty slim. Since the messenger is cloaked, there's no way for a baddie to false role claim, because when the warden sees "The Summoner sends you an anonymous message, "I, soandso, am the Syssin, and I will investigate Suspiciosperson tonight."" Yeah, that's not a dead giveaway. And unless a rellwy is being incredibly dumb and wants to muck things up by false roleclaiming, we should be OK. My only concern would be Dhasan of Devotion, as I don't know if his passive auto-set to frame himself as a rellyw would have the anonymous message go through as a rellyw or the Dhasan of Devotion.

As for roleblocks and reflects, you've got 3/22 odds that the Dhasan of Magic is going to pick out one of the roleclaimers (leaving the other 2 OK), and about 3/22 + 3/21 if the two Loyalist roles coordinate and block one role and reflect another? Pretty good odds, and that's if they choose to use their powers tonight instead of possibly saving them for tomorrow.

I think, especially if we stick with the Syssin and the Jailer roleclaiming to the Warden, that we should be pretty safe. They can coordinate from there and may not be able to publicly awesome, we'll at least be on equalish footing with the other groups of 3 power roles, with our own vigilante and a mob of rellyw.

Thoughts?
    Draiman
  • Uh, you do realize that the anonymous messages are also posted in the thread for everyone to see, right? The Warden's only advantage, based on what was said, is that he/she sees which power role (but not which player) sent what.

• @minarael

Sorry! My keyboard at home died and posting on here on my phone is a pain in the bloody unicornsing bits. I.. uh... Hadn't really read the rules yet so posting seemed a bit stupid unti now. And now it's night so now I need to read all ya'lls posts to catch up.

Get my new keyboard tomorrow! Will be around after that!

I was under the impression that the rules update meant that anonymous messages will show up only to the Warden based on the location of the comma in that sentence. But I see what you're saying, the reading of it would seem to indicate that instead of the messages showing up only to the Warden, it was saying that the messages will show up at the end of the report and detail who sent them.

That's really not that awesome of a change, Omei. Bleh. Now I look all stupid with a bunch of egg on my face. FML.

• You are not supposed to be able to game this setup very easily. Even anonymous messages have counterbalances.

i am rapture coder
    That's cool, I just interpreted the rule change's wording differently. A much clearer way to say it would be, "Anonymous messages will now have their creator's power role revealed to the Warden on their report at the end of the night, i.e. "An anonymous messages was sent by a rellyw/Dhasan of Magic/Vigilante, "This just got real.""" yes? No room for misinterpretation or misreading there. I still feel really dumb. Le sigh.
  • I could have worded it more clearly, you're right. I will try to avoid creating false impressions in the future.

i am rapture coder
  • Night vote has been received. In an hour and forty-five minutes, if I have not received any more actions, I will be terminating the round.

i am rapture coder
  • edited August 2013
    The mob awakens, glancing around and checking for missing revolutionaries:

"Are we all accounted for?" calls Pedantic Pete.
    "Let's have a roll call," suggests someone else.

Names ring out dully one by one, echoing through the Central Basilica, but when Moirean's name is called, there is no reply.

"Wait, where's the imp?"
    "Maybe she's in the Citadel."
    "They took her for experimentation!"
    "Maybe they're trying to annoy the Trickster!"
    "Maybe she's secretly an Ankyrean."
    "Naaah."
    "Don't Ankyreans look a bit like imps?"
    "...Naaah."

Just then, Moirean arrives from the Outer Ward, rejoining the group. Aside from a few bruises, she seems to be perfectly fine.

"I was in the cooler all night!" she explains.

No one has died during the night.

It is now...

ROUND THREE - DAYTIME

25 surviving players:

@Alexina

FOURTEEN VOTES needed for a lynch!

i am rapture coder
    Woohoo! I bet nobody expected us to still be at full strength come morning!
  • The Consanguine Experiment, Necromancer, and Jailer have death prevention abilities. 

By the text, she was in a shop, so she wasn't jailed.

The Experiment's rules say the attack isn't publicly revealed.

Doesn't make sense for the Indo to try and kill off the Necro.

So, I can only assume it was a freak occurrence of the Indo trying to kill someone the Dhason of Art reflected onto Moirean, making her the necro.

Vote: Moirean

• That was a typographical error. The post was meant to read as an arrival from the Outer Ward.

i am rapture coder
  • Welp.

Unvote: Moirean

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    ahhhhh SNAP!

I wonder if we go no lynch again that the Indorani will do it again?!?  

@Omei some clarification.... if this goes again and possibly keeps going what steps will you do and when to kill someone off?!?
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Let the second round one commence.
    Esper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    ...what happened to me? O.o

Jail things.

Iosyne
  • Huh, it would have been a fascinating first move by the Indorani, trying to kill of the necro, thereby eliminating suspicion for awhile. 

Good call, Jailer. 

imageimage
    Ah, I should have read PMs first. I was jailed AND the Indorani tried to kill me.

Welp, consider my innocence tentatively proved. The kill attempt could be a redirected attack, but the odds are that are low.

Could the Warden please post an anonymous breakdown of what went down last night? Remember to edit out anything vital that might reveal who our power roles are.
    Demarcus
  • An elaborate piece of stationery, marking it as originating from the Warden's office, is delivered by running boy to the assembled mob. It reads as follows:

"moirean wuz v. populur. jailer, indorone, & Konklaves all went after her. -Warden"

After a brief search among your number to find people who can read the letter, Pedantic Pete speaks it aloud, spreading the new information to the mob.

"Where did he even learn to read?" someone asks.
    "He taught himself out of books."
    "...wait, that doesn't-"
    "Shh."

i am rapture coder
    Moirean
  • Dang, girl. Way to be state's enemy #1. 
    imageimage
    MoireanAryanne
    Warden, can we get clarification on which conclave roles hit me? I know nature didn't. It also seems that art didn't, or the jailing wouldn't have saved me.

Most importantly, if you noticed it, can you get an anonymous note out about what devotion did? This will help our Syssin know if their investigation can be trusted.
    Moirean said:
    Warden, can we get clarification on which conclave roles hit me? I know nature didn't. It also seems that art didn't, or the jailing wouldn't have saved me.

Most importantly, if you noticed it, can you get an anonymous note out about what devotion did? This will help our Syssin know if their investigation can be trusted.
    hmm thats interesting....you "know" nature didnt hit you??  You seem so sure of yourself like you are within that group and know they would never vote for you........  things that make you go hmmm
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Are host to the Dhasan of Nature, who can select one person at night to send out on a scouting mission during the day, preventing them from voting on the lynch and from being killed during the day by any method except for a lynch. This also blocks their role's active power until nighttime. 

I'm fairly certain I'd know if I were on a scouting mission. Look around you - we're kicking it here in the Basilica. Unless I'm scouting nosehairs (and don't get me wrong, I'm gathering a lot of information about that from you; Ankyrean technology apparently doesn't include tweezers), I'm not on a mission.
    hmm I forgot what the order of resolve was for each group, I know it was posted some place but I cannot find it...

@Omei can you add that in your signature for quick reference please??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

I don't think Jailing would protect me, in any case. The jail protects from death, according to the rules, not other effects.
  • @Macavity: Done.

@Moirean: That is correct. Jailing still means you can be investigated, disguised, framed, or any other effect that does not entail actually dying.

i am rapture coder