Ideas Wanted: A House for Macian

edited July 2013 in Harpy's Head Tavern
Before I stopped playing last year, I won a house deed in a cryptic chest.

I've never paid much attention to houses before, but it seems more interesting to me now.

I'm not really sure where to put it, or what to add.

So, I'm asking for your help.... I'd really appreciate thoughts from anyone who has interacted with Macian or knows the character for whatever reason (enemy or ally). What would you make it like to suit the Character?

Edit: and where would you put it?

Comments

• I don't know Macian, but I always thought that a big airy villa in Xoral would be an excellent place to put a house.
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Maybe a small cottage somewhere out in the Ithmias would not be bad. I get him as being low-key, so nothing fancy.

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I'd imagine Macian owning a log cabin with a big tree casting shade outside, a weathered hitching post and a smoke house. Macian (and other older forestals, like Irruel) remind me of like...mountain men, living in tune with nature, versus straight up crazy feral wild folks.

So, basically, Jeremiah Johnson:

Though I guess you'd be Bearclaw these days, what with the shaman stuff. >_> So, uhh, maybe a cave.
    Rivas
  • I always wanted a three-walled tree house for Irru, at the top of the tallest tree in Duiran, with murals on the walls, and the fourth non-existent wall facing the sunset. I wanted to be able to fly in and out of the room via that missing wall. In the middle of the room would a circular depression, kind of like a fire-pit but obviously not for a fire since it is a treehouse and that would be stupid. So really, just somewhere communal for people to sit and plot. Maybe with cushions.

But a log cabin for Macian? Perfect.

• It has to come with a lawn and complementary cane, whatever it is.
    Rivas
  • Thanks for the ideas everyone. Definitely hadn't thought of a cabin
    I really like the idea of older generation forestals being more like mountain men @moirean. Hadn't thought of it that way. Now I'm imagining Macian as a little perplexed by the feral wild things around him, but also almost understanding it at some level too.
    @irruel What you describe is kind of what I was going for when I designed the Bahkatu overlook where Barrkesh is. Except, y'know a cave with bears instead of murals.

Sounds like Macian is going to need to grow some hair...

Whether it's a mountain man beard, or copious nose and ear hair to go with the cane and lawn to chasee off @atrapoema
  • @Macian I don't remember if I ever got to see the new Bahaktu den. I tried to rejoin the guild at one point, way back, but was rejected. Can't say I blame them.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    @Irruel - Whachu do to deserve that?
  • I'd say he was found in possession of common sense, but he tried going back...
    Haven

>mfw Bahkatu deny anybody, Irruel especially
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • @arbre
    @atrapoema

Atra has the whole of it. I was returning to Duiran, not sure where to go or what to do. I had Bahkatu class, figured maybe I could rejoin. But it would have been the... 3rd time I rejoined the guild, so they had justification for refusing, and it was pretty obvious that I wouldn't have put up with Milian for long before trying to take over, so there's why I don't blame them for refusing.