Short COMBAT Questions

Comments

• TedrunaiTedrunai Immortal
    edited July 2016
    No classes are great with that investment, unfortunately. While Sciomancers only need 2 of their skillsets they need the equilibrium crown to reach their full potential. Cabalists suffer the same problem and Carnifex make use of all 3 skillsets.

If you're bent on a budget I think Teradrim might be your best bet. You only need to learn Desiccation up to Shred and you can maybe get away with non-trans Animation. You will need trans Terramancy though.

If you're serious about getting into combat more investment has to be made though so I wouldn't pick a class just based on budget effectiveness. Stuff like Avoidance, Survival, and Vision are necessary to contend seriously.
    Illikaal
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Ah you can play Shaman pretty well without much naturalism.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Well not wholly pk wise I guess.
  • Maralon said:

Another question!

Between Cabalist, Carnifex, Sciomancers and Syssin, which are the top classes to use with only just over two skills transcended. Let's say roughly 3600-4200 lessons. I've been recommended Carnifex and Sciomancer, and apparently Syssin are viable but difficult. What are your thoughts?

Syssin are severely crippled without tri-trans and some Weaponry.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    edited July 2016
    Sysin were two skill when they had venoms.  You could just buy them and envenom your dstab that way, but those days are gone
  • I'd say Carnifex, tbh. Can maybe sort of slack on Warhounds because so many of your skills are hound-based and you can get somebody to give you good hounds. I think probably stop after Courser(33% Gifted) if you were on a budget.

• Sciomancer only has two combat skillsets; the third is Enchantment, which is a mercantile skillset and can be skipped completely.

Sciomancer is fun, but tricky. It's underused because a lot of people think it's no good, but there are a few Sciomancers that end up kicking ass.
    Art by @Phoenecia! Full image available here!
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Lait said:

Sciomancer only has two combat skillsets; the third is Enchantment, which is a mercantile skillset and can be skipped completely.

Sciomancer is fun, but tricky. It's underused because a lot of people think it's no good, but there are a few Sciomancers that end up kicking unicorns.

I'm p sure if anyone thought Sciomancer was a bad class, they're pretty bad themselves and or probably just a noncom. I can't speak to their present state post nerfs, but both mage classes have been very strong for a long while now.
    Maralon said:

Another question!

Between Cabalist, Carnifex, Sciomancers and Syssin, which are the top classes to use with only just over two skills transcended. Let's say roughly 3600-4200 lessons. I've been recommended Carnifex and Sciomancer, and apparently Syssin are viable but difficult. What are your thoughts?

I probably wouldn't touch Cabablist with a 10 foot pole even if you were to trans everything. @Tedrunai's advice is very sound. Also, you'll want to rush to endgame as well for the additional curing power + more enhancements. Still, you will find PK very difficult by only Transcending 2 of your class skills and not much else.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Cabalist will noob check plenty, but it falls off vs experienced fighters.

Like it was mentioned earlier, you need an 850cr artifact to reach the full potential of mage. Even more so since the recent nerf to Stone/Frostspike.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• edited July 2016
    The following is a breakdown of what it costs, lesson wise, of what I think is minimally necessary for PK.
    • +2000 lessons (no-brainer package, $20)
    • + 2246 lessons (leveling to 100, converting all credits)
    • - 5208 (tri-trans)
    • - 2191 (gen skills)*
    *gen skills: survival (focus), vision (discernment), weaponry (parry), avoidance (dodging)

Assuming 4246 are applied towards the lesson cost, you're shy about 3152 lessons or 526 credits.

I can't speak for other classes in as much detail as Carnifex, so I'll just break down the Carnifex's lesson cost. @Vaskar is right about you being able to get away just getting 33% gifted in war hounds and transing the other two. To be able to PK as Carnifex with the minimum general and class skills, you'll need a total of 6094 lessons. Assuming 4246 are applied towards the lesson cost, you're shy 1848 lessons or 308 credits.

Classes which won't require artifacts for their offense: Carnifex, Teradrim, Syssin

Classes which (I think) require a eq_crown (850 credits): Indorani, Cabalist, Sciomancer

Draiman
    Indorani do not need the eq crown, they're primarily a balance based class. 

Xenia
  • MaralonMaralon England
    edited July 2016
    Hey :)

I just came back after a pretty long dormancy. I'm kind of lost and trying to get myself back up to speed as soon as possible. Is there an OOC clan I can join to ask combat questions? I'm also wondering if there's a free system or a pastebin or something somewhere that I can look through to get modern affliction lines? Trying to build up a personal system to support First Aid curing as best as I can.

Thanks guys.

Oh, posted on the wrong forum account. My character is Radakail.
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    There is a free system. Look for Source 1.3 on the forums. Firstaid is pretty good nowadays so you could get away with some triggers to help it along for what it lacks and a good aff tracker. If you're good with code or know someone who is, you can also make an automated offense since that's what most people use. A good base is within Source. As for a clan, I'm not sure there is, but I've not asked around.
  • MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    edited July 2016
    So uh. Can someone explain how the unicorns I'm getting hit for this much damage?

Akara uses Primality Vinelash on you.
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from Akara's quarterstaff, slick with venom. The sprouted
    vines lash outwards to you, gashing bloody wounds into your body.
    Akara uses Vinelash Venom (loki) on you.
    Health Lost: 1238, cutting, magical

+-- Resistances ------------------------+-- Avoidance -------------------------+
    Cutting | 60% 0% 45% 69% Dodge Chance | 14% 17%
    Blunt | 25% 0% 55% 46% Divert Chance | 32% 32%
    Magic | 35% 24% 0% 51% Divert Block | 18% 18%
    Fire | 35% 24% 0% 51% +-- Miscellaneous ---------------------+
    Cold | 35% 24% 0% 51% Experience Bonus | 0%
    Electric | 25% 24% 0% 43% Crit. Chance | 47.23%
    Poison | 25% 24% 0% 43% Celerity | 5 r/ps
    Psychic | 15% 24% 0% 36% Health Drain | 40
    Asphyxiation | 15% 24% 0% 36% Mana Drain | 20
    Spirit | 10% 0% 0% 10% Willpower Drain | 4
    Shadow | 20% 0% 0% 20% Endurance Drain | 0
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
    Resistances: Defences, Miniskills, Armour
    Avoidance: PvP, PvE
    +------------------------------------------------------------------------------+

And if I'm getting hit for 1238 at 69% cutting audit, the heck do I have to do?
    Are you positive leafstorm didn't strip putrefaction from you?

• MazarineMazarine the best maze ever
    edited July 2016
    Unless stormtouched is boosting vinelash damage? But vinelash is not electric source. She didn't even use leafstorm.

https://ada-young.appspot.com/pastebin/e21d419a

First one hits me for 495, then I get stormtouched and all the rest hit for 1238. Is this why I took so much damage? Is that intended?
    Mana Lost: 33
    You use Primality Vinelash on you.
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from your quarterstaff, slick with venom. You silently will the vines to lash out towards yourself and gash bloody wounds into your flesh.
    You use Vinelash Venom (kalmia) on you.
    Your quarterstaff leaches kalmia into yourself's blood.
    There is a tightening sensation in your lungs suddenly.
    You are afflicted with asthma.
    Health Lost: 1207, cutting, magical
    Equilibrium Used: 2.58 seconds
    H:5030(81%) M:6274(99%) Energy:2 E:29400(105%) W:30830(105%) B:38000(100%) Soul:100% [sdb|-b]
    Your bronchial tubes open up and your asthma is cured.
    You have cured asthma.
    Lightning crackles around your feather fetish, spreading out to envelop yourself in a field of static.

Mana Lost: 33
    You use Primality Vinelash on you.
    Sinuous vines grow rapidly from your quarterstaff, slick with venom. You silently will the vines to lash out towards yourself and gash bloody wounds into your flesh.
    You use Vinelash Venom (kalmia) on you.
    Your quarterstaff leaches kalmia into yourself's blood.
    There is a tightening sensation in your lungs suddenly.
    You are afflicted with asthma.
    Health Lost: 1341, cutting, magical
    Equilibrium Used: 2.58 seconds

Evidently, it is.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Looks like stormtouched is reducing your cutting audit to 0 for Vinelash. Feels like a bug. 

Evidently it's reducing all resists to 0.
    DraimanMazarine
  • That explains so much.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

DraimanVarelMazarineIshin
    edited July 2016
    Xenia uses Savagery Doublebash on you.
    Xenia powerfully swings a large flanged greatmaul down upon you and pulls back with ease, readying a second blow.
    Health Lost: 1988, blunt, brute
    Xenia mutilates you with a vengeful blow from a large flanged greatmaul.
    Health Lost: 1988, blunt, brute

Stormtouched + Sensitivity + Frozen = Lololol

Edit: With 21 STR + Max Dmg hammer:

H:6237(100%) M:6307(100%) Energy:0 E:29217(105%) W:29395(100%) B:38000(100%) Soul:100% [spb|eb]
    Xenia uses Savagery Doublebash on you.
    Xenia powerfully swings a large flanged greatmaul down upon you and pulls back with ease, readying a second blow.
    Health Lost: 2337, blunt, brute
    Xenia sends you reeling with a mighty strike from a large flanged greatmaul.
    H:1563(25%) M:6307(100%) Energy:0 E:29217(105%) W:29400(100%) B:38000(100%) Soul:93% [spb|eb]
  • Health Lost: 2337, blunt, brute
    Xenia sends you reeling with a mighty strike from a large flanged greatmaul.

I wish it was with 1337 damage. you know cos LEET

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    When I saw that last stormtouched change I KNEW something would be broken. Hahaha
  • I don't have logs of it, but the above is all true.

Akara has been smacking me with 1202 vinelashes from stormtouched.

No lightning involved.

Just autobashed to death basically.

• Shaman OP (but that's not unheard of or unusual)
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

edited July 2016
    Tenshyo said:

I don't have logs of it, but the above is all true.

Akara has been smacking me with 1202 vinelashes from stormtouched.

No lightning involved.

Just autobashed to death basically.

I mean, 4 logs were posted proving it so.....?
    Zsadist said:

Shaman OP (but that's not unheard of or unusual)

Or maybe people are just bad, just like lifers complaining about Indorani being OP and not pulling adder?
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    People complain.
  • CL 1239 probably broke it - seems like a likely culprit. ("Stormtouched has been shifted from a resistance defense type to a penetration defense type. I don't really expect any change to functionality, but just so you know.")

Varel
    Valingar said:

CL 1239 probably broke it - seems like a likely culprit. ("Stormtouched has been shifted from a resistance defense type to a penetration defense type. I don't really expect any change to functionality, but just so you know.")

That's the exact changelog i was looking for lol.