The Shadowplague Saga

MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
edited July 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Right. So. There is a LOT going on here. Several arcs twine together into this rather large, sprawling story. Apologies in advance for a lot of this being Moirean-centric - if anyone has their own logs with this, please post and share them! Also, some of these are fairly long logs, though I've tried to split stuff into smaller pieces. I've erred on the side of including more, rather than less. Warning, there's cursing in most of these logs. Also lots of snuggles in the Moitoz arc.

I'll add in more logs as more things happen. Here's the plot so far though!

The arcs are:
Moitoz babeh - Moi and Toz are having a babeh. Yay. Lots of feelies and individual character stuff in these ones.
Iosyne/Severn story - Iosyne and Severn are having relationship trouble, creepy Sciomancer shadow stuff
Ati and Shadows - There's some weird elder god shadow stuff going on

Events in (mostly) chronological order:

The original deal between Iosyne and Toz: 
      Arc: Moitoz babeh

People start getting siiiiick:
      Arc: Moitoz babeh, Iosyne/Severn

The Order tries to work through the sickness. Anfini peddles drugs to Moi.

The sickness worsens. A ceremony is held to feed the Malevolent essence.
      Arc: Iosyne/Severn

Frustration rises. A group of the followers investigate possible causes.

Moi attempts to arrange to have zealots burn the plague out of her, as a last resort, with help from first Benedicto and then Rivas.
      Arc: Moitoz babeh

Moi's shadow double gives her information. Moi sends it away to bring back...well, nothing good.

Moirean makes an uneasy deal with Omei to unify against a new, common enemy.
     Arc: Iosyne/Severn, Ati and Shadows

A few scenes with a few different people (Eleanor, Aldric, Bakhtuh), trying to find help. Not integral to the arc, but I thought they were lovely scenes and wanted to show those people off!

Severn gets back to Moi. Spinesreach gets on the case!

Draiman (this log from his PoV) and Anfini go on an adventure to find information. Instead, they find Omei.
     Arc: Ati and Shadows

Based on information (ok, so they got some) Draiman and Anfini got from Omei, everyone treks down to visit Ati's priest. They get more than they bargained for. Log switches to Anfini's PoV midway through.
      Arc: Ati and Shadows

The baby is born. Things get messy.
      Arc: Everything comes together here. If you're going to read only one log, read this one.

Severn has a plan for killing shadow Iosyne.

The shadow seeps through. The Cabalists try a science-thingy to stabilize the shadow leak.

Benedicto learns about the shadow trouble. Enorian joins the fight?

The end?

Severn had promised that Moi would get to see her daughter on the girl's first birthday. A group of His minotaurs come to the Keep and some interesting revelations are revealed.
MinaraelLinDraimanBakhtuhEzalorYusri

Comments

• But Miss Moiiii, you promised no reading assignments over the Summer!

*huffs and begins to read anyway*

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Man, if anyone actually does read all of these, you....bash too much or something. 
    Lin
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Anfini turns away, fiddling with something for a moment. When he turns back around, he is completely unrecognizable.

It didn't show me wearing my moustache disguise! D:
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Lin said:
    Anfini turns away, fiddling with something for a moment. When he turns back around, he is completely unrecognizable.

It didn't show me wearing my moustache disguise! D:
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    LinRivasYusriAtrapoemaHavenEzalorHadoryu
  • SessizlikSessizlik Muffin Mage
    I am so gonna read this over the weekend.
  • Look, I'm just saying, but... between Anfini's inability to read emotes, his possession, his being the fall guy for the lab that someonetotallynotmedestroyed and my baby-chucking, I think we've won this entire event so far. :|
  • edited July 2013
    I really, really love the interaction between Eleanor and Anfini at the end. Especially this: "I don't need saving! I'm a man of science!"

It was a delightful read all around. Kudos to all involved. (I haven't read all of them, just the BIG GIANT RED BABY-DOOM one)

imageimage
    edited July 2013
    Severn said:
    Look, I'm just saying, but... between Anfini's inability to read emotes, his possession, his being the fall guy for the lab that someonetotallynotmedestroyed and my baby-chucking, I think we've won this entire event so far. 

You incached Moi's baby. Still on the fence about how I feel about that.
  • Glancing into the cache, you see:
      [   1] baby  
    LinDraimanAldricPiper
    D:
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA

Mois baby peering out from Severns cache....
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Just imagine if He had more than one.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    Dachvrel, the first priest of Ati begins to grin.
    Dachvrel, the first priest of Ati says, "That's hilarious."
    Anfini's smile diminishes somewhat, but he remains unnerved. "What's hilarious?"
    Dachvrel, the first priest of Ati says, "I made the tale up. I thought that you were going to leave me alone, vanish into the Cat's mind, and never be heard from again."
    Dachvrel, the first priest of Ati bursts into uproarious, hysterical laughter.

^--- brb griefing Dachvrel
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA

...while Her body flashes a blinding white light in the span of a blink. She looses one more, terribly deafening shriek as the bright flashes continue, rapidly increasing in frequency until She blinks out of existence, leaving only the echo of Her scream in Her wake.
    ...Did Iosyne just do the boss death sequence from FFIV?
    Mastema
  • edited July 2013
    Rivas tells you, "Aye, though I'm embroiled in some ridiculous things at the present. Give me a moment?"

*raises hand*  I was probably one of those ridiculous things.

Awesome, awesome RP all around! Thank you for posting it on the slowest work day for me because I totally read some of these logs instead of work.

Edit: I don't know how to work the forums properly yet.
    Moirean
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Moirean said:
    Hnngh. I know I have a tendency to be overly critical of my own rping, but...hnnngh so many mistakes!

Moirean was flawless as per usual!

I really enjoyed it and I hope that some of the excitement and fun from this event will spill over to Enorian.
  • I
    Benedicto said:
    Moirean said:
    Hnngh. I know I have a tendency to be overly critical of my own rping, but...hnnngh so many mistakes!

Moirean was flawless as per usual!

I really enjoyed it and I hope that some of the excitement and fun from this event will spill over to Enorian.
    There was a foot in the door. Enorian just cut it off. :P
    imageimage
    Piper
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    More like sliced and diced it, from what I hear.
    Lin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Yeah,  but that wasn't me. Hence a certain section of my news post.
    Added today's log:

BakhtuhDraiman
  • edited July 2013
    Extra extra, read all about it! Minotaurs come to the Shadow Keep to bring back Moirean's previously-incached baby!

EDIT: For some reason forums really formatted this horrendously. For those of you that are having trouble reading this, here's a logsty version with slightly better formatting: http://www.logsty.com/logs/I30nP
    --------------------------------

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "Bah."

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Bah?"

(Carnifex): You say, "Everything alright?"

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Aye?"

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "I'm engaged in a staring contest with some.... cow thing, on the other side of the gate. I don't think it's anything to worry about."

A grim, fog-encircled battlefield.

-- v49852 ---

[

[+]

--- 0:0:0 ---

Blood. Blood seems to be one of the most prominent features of this battle-worn field that stretches far off into the distance, its borders marked by a fog that appears so dense it seems more like a wall than an environmental feature. Clanging metal, weary moans, and anguished cries can be heard coming from every direction here, the source of which seem to be various figures that are visible only until either being killed or killing, upon which point they simply melt away to nothingness. As the figures dissolve and vanish from sight, they leave nothing but blood, and in most cases rather disturbing mental images of their pained faces of death behind.  There are no obvious exits.

You reach out with your mind and focus on leaving the Haven.

You leave your Haven to return once more to reality.

Dingy common room of the "Hound and Halberd" Tavern.

-- v14391 ---

-[ ]- - -[ ]-

/ | \     |

|  [+] [$]

|

[$]

/ | \

-- 1:-1:0 ---

A large chest is here, re-purposed from an old keg. A wooden trestle table is here, a long wooden bench and a keg stool have been placed at it. There are 2 keg stools here. A brightly painted bar is here, a coarsely-rolled blunt atop it. A dark wooden crate has been set aside here, reeking of booze. A slender brass hookah stands here on six stubby feet. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. Draped merrily about is a festive patriotic garland woven from roses. There are 2 battered iron cups here. Hands folded in the sleeves of his dark, voluminous robes, a cabalist stands ready to guard his city. A ghast eyes you with an everburning hatred in its eyes. You see a sign here instructing you that WARES is the command to see what is for sale.

You see exits leading northwest and down (closed pine door).

(Carnifex): You say, "..It ain't the Artificer is it?"

[[ Walk to the GH ]]

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "Much smaller."

Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "I can probably eat this one."

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "Say... can I?"

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "It's a minotaur."

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Not sure yet."

(Carnifex): You say, "Best not."

Plateau of Mount Gallows. (Tarea Mountains.)

-- v18485 ---Aetolia vnum is (18485)

|

|

|

[+]

[G]-

-- 2:10:2 ---

A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. Dripping black ichor, a heaping skeleton of bone creates a construct from the earth here. Scattered sparsely, a few pine trees grow tenaciously amongst the snow. An oversized stone battleaxe juts out of the ground. A youthful, female minotaur stands here at the ready. The monstrous form of Tsvanni is here, her stony body towering over you. She wields an immense sandstone-inlaid tower shield in her left hand and a crude, bone-lined flail in her right. Seeker of the Void, Nysild Kal'Adun is here. She wields a buckler in her right hand. Dominating the western plateau is a large, menacing fortress of black steel.

You see a single exit leading north.

You see the following people here:

Tsvanni, Nysild, Aldric

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "That's what I said, cow thing!"

You unfurl your palm and pure essence of darkness pours forth to drown out the light.

Centering your wild mind, civility floods your thoughts. Gasping in pain, your form contorts and shrinks, and fur clumps away to nothingness as you forcibly become Azudim once more.

L minotaur

Short, for her kind, and stocky, this female minotaur barely reaches six feet in height. Light-brown fur covers the exposed portions of her body, and she bears none of the scars or badges of honor that others of the warrior-caste might. Leather armor hides her vulnerable spots as well as her feminine assets, and a thin fur sash stretches from her left shoulder to her right hip. Affixed over her breast upon it, is a wooden disc bearing a single harsh rune in red ink. She wears no helm, and the tufts of hair atop her head have been interwoven with artificial braids adorned with beads and small bones. She wields a plain glaive of wood and steel, with only a pair of parchments tied just beneath the bladed head.

Da'rek does not look particularly dangerous.

She weighs about 293 pound(s).

She is loyal to Valaki, Who Topples Oaks.

Argolis gives the world a smart salute.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says in an exotic tone, "Hail, Ma'am."

Kiershu swiftly gallops in from the north.

Argolis gives Kiershu a respectful salute.

Tsvanni gives the world a smart salute.

Kiershu gives the world a smart salute.

Da'rek frowns at Tsvanni.

Kiershu peers at Da'rek suspiciously.

Kiershu puts her hands on her hips and goes, "Hmmm!"

You have emoted: Aldric steps towards the assembled group before coming to a halt before Da'rek, his eyebrow arched. "What's your business here Minotaur? Can we help you?" the Azudim asks.

Tsvanni's eyes glisten as she coils up, her gaze affixed upon Da'rek.

Da'rek rattles off a string of guttural and harsh sounding words, looking cautiously between the assembled and clutching her glaive warily.

Argolis furrows his brow in consternation.

His hands raising before him in a calming gesture, you say, "Woah, woah, ain't nothin' to be worry about. Long as you ain't plannin' on using that thing on any'a us, we ain't gonna hurt you."

Da'rek grunts and lets out another string of words, gesturing with one hand as she speaks.

Da'rek creases her brow in a frown.

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Anyone speak minotaur?"

Tsvanni sucks thoughtfully on her teeth.

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Gatewarden, can you?"

(Carnifex): You say, "..Translate, not eat."

(Carnifex): Medeya, the gatewarden says, "I... no."

(Spinesreach): Tsvanni says, "Ah, maybe a spirean can help."

(Spinesreach): Tsvanni says, "Who speaks Minotaur?"

Argolis ponders Da'rek's profile, deep in consideration.

(Carnifex): Tsvanni says, "Alright."

You have emoted: Aldric's hands drop to his sides, hands slipping into the pockets of his trousers with his thumbs hooking the edges. "We don't uh.. we can't understand you," he comments.

Clearly not getting anywhere, but still trying, Da'rek continues to gesture and spit out incoherent sounding words.

Tsvanni sucks her sharp teeth, and then tries her hand in various languages.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread utters a babbling, watery series of unintelligible words.

(Spinesreach): Akaryuterra says, "Uh."

(Spinesreach): Akaryuterra says, "Hmm."

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread utters a series of foreign words in a rich, melodic tongue.

Tsvanni blinks.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread rumbles unknown phrases that resonate with earthen power.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread fluidly says something unintelligible in an airy voice. 

(Spinesreach): Akaryuterra says, "I was not aware there was anyone teaching the language."

(Spinesreach): Tsvanni says, "Do you?"

Da'rek turns to you and sighs, looking upwards before pointing at you. Lifting her hand higher and making a sweeping gesture with it, she glances around the lot of you.

(Spinesreach): Tsvanni says, "Hmm..."

Kiershu gestures to Da'rek to ground where she begins drawing a picture in the dirt of a rough picture minotaur gesturing pointing at a group of figures. Using her nails to delicating trace the events before her.

(Spinesreach): Akaryuterra says, "Else I likely would have tried to learn it."

Da'rek stares implacably at Kiershu. 

Kiershu points to her ears then her mouth and finishes with a shaking head.

Tsvanni draws on the floor in sand, of a happy face, and a hand raised in greeting.

<<Carnifex>> Tsvanni says, "Hahaha." 

[[ I’m making no comments here ]]

You have emoted: "Gods above," Aldric mutters to himself as he turns his attention away from Kiershu's doodling to fixate upon Da'rek. "Uh.. if you're lookin' for our Commander, the one that leads us," he ventures, making a similar sweeping gesture to indicate those around him. "She ain't here."

Da'rek quickly nods and scratches a crude looking drawing in the dirt at her feet. It ends up being nothing more that a very crude stick figure, with what possibly looks like a crown or something on its head. Looking up, she gestures to you all as she points at the figure.

Tsvanni's eyes sparkle with amusement.

Kiershu points accusingly at a silver crown.

Kiershu puts her hands on her hips and goes, "Hmmm!"

Tsvanni nods her head emphatically.

Cohort Argolis says, "I believe Ser Aldric hit it on the head.."

Da'rek goes on and on at a very quick pace in her harsh tongue, gesturing with one hand and pointing around to both you all, the Keep, the drawing, and back off to the north.

Shaking his head, you ask, "Somethin' about her kid, maybe?"

Da'rek tilts her head curiously at you.

Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight says, "Maybe she is our ally and wants us to take her to Spinesreach?"

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanLin
  • Cohort Argolis says, "Perhaps she wants us to meet someone?"

You have emoted: Aldric arches a brow towards Da'rek and makes a gesture that looks just vaguely like he's rocking a baby in his arms.

Tsvanni draws in the dirt, making an image of Moirean with sand, and making it rise up, and blink, before collapsing again.

Da'rek nods her head vigorously at you before once more falling back into a long string of vastly indiscernible words.

You have emoted: There's no hesitation whatsoever in Aldric's movements as he falls into line behind Da'rek, subtle hints of concern written upon his features. Making a nearly shooing gesture, he attempts to urge her onwards.

Tsvanni nods her head emphatically.

Beckoning, you say, "Carnifex, let's go."

[[ She leads us tooo.. ]]

Ascending Mount Gallows. (Tarea Mountains.)

-- v18488 ---

[+]

/   \

/       \

/           \

-- 0:20:2 ---

A smattering of clouds fills the sky, lacing it with spiderwebs of grey. Scattered sparsely, a few pine trees grow tenaciously amongst the snow. A youthful, female minotaur stands here at the ready. The monstrous form of Tsvanni is here, her stony body towering over you. She wields an immense sandstone-inlaid tower shield in her left hand and a crude, bone-lined flail in her right. Seeker of the Void, Nysild Kal'Adun is here. She wields a buckler in her right hand.

You see exits leading southeast and southwest.

Tsvanni smiles at Harun, Who Charges Blindly.

Your vision goes white as the horrible sunlight pierces your eyes.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says in an exotic tone, "Harun."

Kiershu smiles at you.

L Harun

This brutish warrior has seen his fair share of combat, as can be seen from the numerous scars that mar exposed portions of his black fur-covered body. He is garbed in a peculiar set of armour; wooden plates overlapping leather and mail strain across his considerable bulk. Slung diagonally across his chest are a string of trophies and fetishes, mostly of bone while some are carved from wood. An open- faced helm of the same make as his armor sits atop his head, held by a thick leather strap. A single horn protrudes from above his left temple, its companion seeming to have been shorn off at its base. His leather like face is worn with age and hardened lines and he stares grimly at his surroundings. He carries a massive glaive on him at all times, its shaft decorated with what must be hundreds of tiny slips of paper inscribed with harsh looking runes.

Harun, Who Charges Blindly almost glows with nearly god-like power.

As quick as you all appear, a pair of minotaur emerge from the nearby trees.

You unfurl your palm and pure essence of darkness pours forth to drown out the light.

You have emoted: A trail of murky blackness that blots out the sun's rays pushes from Aldric's fingers as he gives an almost irritated wave of hand, gaze attentively set upon the emerging minotaurs and Norak, Speaker of the Runes. "Do any of you folks speak Aetolian?" he chances.

Da'rek makes a snapping salute to the larger warrior, bowing her head low.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "Aye."

Tsvanni doffs a crimson-hooded brass helmet cordially to Norak, Speaker of the Runes.

Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight says to Norak, Speaker of the Runes, "Yes."

Kiershu catches Norak, Speaker of the Runes's eye and locks gaze before dazzling him with a curtsey that would put royalty to shame.

Harun, Who Charges Blindly sneers arrogantly.

Kiershu smirks.

You tell Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight, "Let's not forget we're Carnifex, alright? Curtseying and bowing ain't exactly what we do."

Harshly to Da'rek, Harun, Who Charges Blindly says, "I see you brought the Kravk, it took you long enough."

Tsvanni's body shakes and sands sift to the ground around her, as she extends her blackened claw forward "Kravk? Care to elaborate, sir?"

Da'rek flinches at the rough tone, but keeps her head bowed.

You have emoted: Aldric's gaze snaps between Da'rek and Harun, Who Charges Blindly as he watches the exchange mutely, his attention only diverted towards Tsvanni for the briefest of moments.

With a sigh, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "Peace, Harun. You are always too harsh."

Harun, Who Charges Blindly grunts noncommittally.

Kiershu tells you, "I am also a Consanguic Princess. I curtsied. I do not bow to anyone Save my Sire and Chakrasul. And my Sire doesn't wake. Tis an old habit that dies hard."

To those gathered, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "Pardon these simple warriors, they know only the hard ways of life. I am Norak, Speaker of the Runes, of the shaman-caste. I bid you greetings in the name of my masters."

Kiershu tells you, "Consanguinic rather. Bah whatever point taken though should of saluted. They seem more Militaristic."

You have emoted: "Pleasure," Aldric says, almost pointedly brief. "What can we do for ya?"

Snorting, Harun, Who Charges Blindly says, "We seek your Kravk leader, pup."

In the blink of an eye, Norak twaps Harun over the head with his massive staff.

Tsvanni's eyes glimmer at the word 'pup', as she grins at you, and then relaxes upon her coils, nodding "Well, In her absence, you speak to the highest ranked knights of the Carnifex keep mindful."

Harun, Who Charges Blindly grunts and re-adjusts his helm, glaring at Norak before letting out a low exhale. "Forgiveness, Aged One. I know my failing and will better myself," he says as if by some oft- repeated routine.

You have emoted: "Our leader ain't exactly here right now," Aldric replies, arms raising to fold over his chest again. His eyes narrow just somewhat upon Harun, Who Charges Blindly before he continues, "I'm the only Officer around that's respondin', so you've got me." As if an afterthought he indicates the Carnifex at his side with a gesture of his head. "And them."

With a stern look on her face, Kiershu nods at you.

Nodding as if it was nothing, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "As my fellow says, we seek your Commander. We were charged to bring her.."

Words trailing off, Norak, Speaker of the Runes lifts a bony hand to a leather strap across his chest as a soft gurgling can be heard from behind him.

You have emoted: "My goddaughter," Aldric more so breathes then speaks. "She's.. she's alright?" he asks. For a moment the 'tough guy' facade is gone, his hands outstretched as if the gesture would somehow reveal the child.

Tsvanni's coils tense and she narrows her eyes, a sandy claw flicking out in front of you.

Tsvanni tells you, "Don't make any sudden movements."

Tsvanni tells you, "It could be a trap, I do not see what you see."

Grunting, Harun, Who Charges Blindly says, "We bring Tao'Chaka to her mother. She is more than alright, pup. Even if the shaman-caste is loathe to do this."

Tsvanni lowers her hand, not interfering.

Norak, Speaker of the Runes frowns and lets out an exhale of breath as he switches to the harsher tongue of his kind, speaking to the large warrior at his side at length.

You have emoted: Aldric drops his hands, a look of relief flooding his features. "Ahh.. well," he mumbles pensively. "I don't s'pose y'all would mind setting up camp in our Keep until she returns, do you?" he asks. "That kid was given to you by Severn, I imagine you ain't gonna hand it to anybody else but her."

Thoughtfully, you say, "You'd be protected, there's food, anything you'd need for a few days until she returns."

<<Carnifex>>: Kiershu says, "Be on guard, Angwe Meyvitch near."

Harun, Who Charges Blindly ignores you as his attention is on the shaman. He makes sharp gestures with his free as he replies in the same guttural language. Finally, he turns to you and gives a snort. "We are loathe to trust outsiders, pup. Especially Kravk such as yourselves. Our oath was to deliver Tao'Chaka to her mother directly, but if she is not here we are conflicted," he pauses, turning and holding a hand up to Norak as he attempts to interject. "In protection, I have dominance shaman," the harsh words stop Norak up short.

Harun, Who Charges Blindly sucks thoughtfully on his teeth.

Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight says, "Excuse me a moment."

You have emoted: "Understandable," Aldric concedes with a single nod. "You've got the protection of the keep available if you want it until she pops up," the Azudim reiterates. "You don't gotta worry about trustin' the ones inside- if any of them'd cause so much of a scratch to that kid they'd be payin' for it with their life."

You say to Harun, Who Charges Blindly, "I don't know what you've heard of our uh.. Kravk? Leader? But she tends to leave a trail of bodies behind her when it comes to family and those she cares about."

Smirking, Harun, Who Charges Blindly makes a gesture with his massive glaive. "The whelp and I are honor bound to die for Tao'Chaka. And we have no qualms with gutting any who would consider doing her harm," he says, almost sneering. "We are protection enough... though I sense no lie here and am  willing to wait within your... Keep."

<<Carnifex>>: Kiershu says, "Angwe Southwest."

You have emoted: "Great," Aldric affirms with another singular nod. Gesturing once more with a beckoning jerk of his head he adds, "If you'll follow this way, it's at the top of the mountain. Watch your step."

Norak, Speaker of the Runes looks skywards, offering you all an almost apologetic shrug in reference to the brutish warrior at his side.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "If I may advise."

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "Lets get moving... with a purpose."

Tsvanni peers about herself suspiciously.

Harun, Who Charges Blindly begins to follow you.

Da'rek begins to follow you.

Norak, Speaker of the Runes begins to follow you.

[[ We head into the Keep! ]]

Courtyard of the Shadow Keep.

-- v36873 ---

|

[ ]-[ ]-[s]

|

- - -[+]- - -

/ | \

[ ] [ ] [ ]

--- 0:9:2 ---

Long and rectangular, this stone courtyard is lined with pointed archways which support a column of upper galleries and walkways, level upon level, opening a channel to the sky. Torches line each of these archways, secured in severe steel mountings fashioned in the shape of gauntleted fists. In the center of the courtyard is a raised dais, wide enough for even the largest Azudim to comfortably stand and see over a gathered crowd. The center of the platform features a stone fountain, though the climate has turned it into little more than a statue, blacked by the elements and slick from ice. Depicting a circle of harsh-faced warriors looking out over the courtyard, the carving highlights the brutality of war, with the stony knights' cleated feet treading on heaped corpses of the fallen. Where water may have once run, the frigid cold of the mountains now only allows for ice - glistening rivulets cling to the gaunt faces of the conquered like frozen tears, while a sheen of frost as misty blue as stolen souls sheathes the warriors' weapons in an icy haze. A set of maple stocks stand here. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A youthful, female minotaur stands here at the ready. His thick robes covered in talismans and runes, this aged shaman leans on his staff. Scarred and covered in battle trophies, this muscular minotaur exudes a cold demeanor.  A murky darkness has settled in here.

You see exits leading north, east, southeast, south (closed pine door), southwest, and west.

You have emoted: "This is the central courtyard," Aldric says as he strides into the large space. "Westwards you'll find the mess hall- the cooks have been instructed to feed any'a you whatever we've got," the Azudim explains.

With somewhat of a cringe, you say, "May not be the best, but it's edible."

Harun, Who Charges Blindly nods almost approvingly, the barest gesture of sorts since the first encounter. "This place will suffice, Kravk. I would learn the layout of your Keep," he intones before turning to the pair accompanying him. He issues a string of rapid, harsh commands to Da'rek, who snaps a fist over her leather guarded chest and moves nearer to Norak.

Harun, Who Charges Blindly says, "The whelp will stand guard with the shaman. One of us will be with them at all times."

<<Carnifex>>: Kiershu says, "Wilderness patrols my butt."

You have emoted: Aldric nods slowly in approval after a brief consideration of Harun, Who Charges Blindly's plan. "Great," he repeats before making another sweeping gesture. "As for the layout, feel free to explore. Anything that's potentially dangerous besides the master soulstone northwards probably locked up." The man's lips purse in brief consideration, his expression one of somebody running over some sort of mental checklist. "Ahh.. I think that's it. If you need anything, contact Medeya, the woman over there," he says, pointing eastwards.

You say, "If she can't help you out, she'll contact one'a us."

[[ Harun left to the west at this point but I evidently lost the message. ]]

Norak, Speaker of the Runes gives a pained sigh.

More quietly, sincerity evident in his voice, you say to Norak, Speaker of the Runes, "Thank you. You ain't got a clue how much this means to her."

Nysild enters from the east following Tsvanni.

Tsvanni doffs a crimson-hooded brass helmet cordially.

Tsvanni gives you a respectful salute.

You nod your head at Tsvanni.

Argolis arrives from the east.

Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "Indeed. Please do not think too poorly of Harun. We all long to be home and despise being on the outside as we are. He may be difficult at times but there is no better guardian for the child than he."

You have emoted: "I feel like him an' I probably have a lot more in common than we'd think," Aldric remarks, his lips lifting in just the briefest hint of a grin.

(Market): Tsvanni says, "Seeking information on Minotaurs."

You stare implacably at Tsvanni.

Tsvanni peers about herself suspiciously.

Tsvanni tells you, "I like to learn."

Harshly, you ask Tsvanni, "Do you wanna spend the next decade cleaning the kennels from the inside of one?"

Offering a shrug of his aged shoulders, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "He merely takes his charge to heart as he should, there is no fault in his way but we have so little interaction with your kind that it can be... interesting to say the least."

Tsvanni blinks at the threat, and turns her head to you, her eyes still and unchanging, before locking on the guests again.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "Tis an understandable sentiment."

You have emoted: Anger slowly creeping its way into his countenance, Aldric says to Tsvanni, "The city ain't gonna know about our.. guests." His statements come out now as more commands than anything. "Nor will anybody else. We ain't gonna do a thing to raw more attention towards this until the Commander's back, got it?"

Tsvanni sucks thoughtfully on her teeth.

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "Aye."

Da'rek looks between you and Tsvanni curiously, turning to Norak to make a comment in a whisper that is quite clearly nothing of the sort for a minotaur. 

Warden of Sand, Tsvanni Kal'Adun, Preceptor of Dread says, "I'm going to guard the gate."

Nysild leaves to the east following Tsvanni.

You have emoted: Aldric releases an exhalation of breath before returning his attention to Norak, Speaker of the Runes. "That one," he says, pointing a finger towards Da'rek. "We've got a library upstairs that's been well taken care of," he notes. "If you see anything that'd maybe help with some basic Aetolian lessons, feel free to borrow what you need. Might help."

Norak, Speaker of the Runes chuckles and nods at Da'rek. "Indeed child, I thought so as well." Looking back to you, he gives a broad smile but shakes his head. "This one is under task, she has not yet earned her honor name. It is a difficulty for her to lack communication with your kind, but she must learn to make due without and rise above. It would shame her greatly to learn your tongue when her duty is unfinished."

You have emoted: "Ah, alright, pardon the ignorance then," Aldric says with another series of quick nods. Almost wryly he notes, "You know more about my folks than I know about yours."

Nodding off to towards the direction the other left, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "It is why Harun sent her first and not himself. The warrior caste is quite harsh on those who walk it."

Norak, Speaker of the Runes grins mischievously at you.

Scout Master Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh's voice resonates across the land, "The Rangers of the Sentinels will patrol where they want, when they want! Let it be a lesson to all ye! The wilds are OUR passage!"

Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "Father has taught us many things, and we are not so simple and ignorant as we once were."

Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight's voice resonates across the land, "Nope, Still slew you first. Stay off our Mountain."

You have emoted: Aldric's lips breach upwards into some semblance of a smile. "The Carnifex tend to be pretty tough on their young ones until they're Tainted- er," he catches himself and shakes his head. "Fully initiated I s'pose you'd say."

Scout Master Angwe, Claw of Iol'Spaigh's voice resonates across the land, "I'll remember not to burrow next time!"

Almost somberly, you say, "It helps, in the end, really."

Another gurgling noise sounds from behind Norak, Speaker of the Runes and he looks over his shoulder,  humming a soft note that set the wards of his staff stirring. "Indeed. Life is harsh because it rids us of weakness," he says as he turns back to you.

You have emoted: Aldric's smile only broadens in response to the gurgling, happiness certainly written upon the Azudim's body in the way he's postured and watching on. "Is there anything else I can do for you?" he asks, attention shifting back to fully regard Norak, Speaker of the Runes.

Glancing about, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "The road has been long, if there is a place we may position ourselves out of the way then I would like to rest these old bones of mine. I sense Harun is not fully convinced at the safety of this place, but the runes have shown me no ill-fate past the meeting with your kind."

Pursing his lips, you wryly say, "Let me look quickly, it's been admittedly too long since I've been anywhere but the training yard."

[[ Walking walking walking ]]

A spacious common room.

-- v38765 ---

|

[L]

|

[+]- - -

-- -2:6:3 ---

This single room fills the entire second level of the southwestern tower. Large and spacious, the chamber is furnished with an array of couches and armchairs, giving members of the Keep a place to rest when off duty. A massive fireplace dominates the interior wall, keeping the mountain's cold at bay; nearly as tall as a troll, the immense hearth hosts a roaring fire, kept fed by logs large enough to be trees, obviously hauled up from the mountain's slopes - perhaps even as part of training for green recruits. Simple furnishings adorn the hall, hinting at interests pursued during off-hours: one table is strewn with implements for wood whittling, while a surprisingly well- executed painting of the Keep's residents hangs over the fireplace. Tokens from game hunting - a rack of antlers, several polished claws, a quiver of hand-fletched arrows - are scattered across the mantle and the rest of the room's decoration is simple and utilitarian, with weapon racks flanking each door. Sharpened and ready for use, the halberds and bardiches posses their own sort of beauty, their deadly lines tempered by the more relaxed, casual environment of the room. A massive stone fireplace dominates the room's northeastern wall. A sigil in the shape of a small, rectangular monolith is on the ground. A beautifully carved chess board is attached firmly to a heavy stand here. A thick rug lies here, patterned with the crest of the Shadow Keep. A youthful, female minotaur stands here at the ready. His thick robes covered in talismans and runes, this aged shaman leans on his staff.  A murky darkness has settled in here.

You see exits leading north, east, and down.

You have emoted: "This'll probably be the most comfortable," Aldric says after a few pensive moments.

Kiershu enters from the north, riding an enormous male tlingor.

Kiershu gives the world a smart salute.

You nod your head at Kiershu.

Princess Kiershu Ve'kahi, Tainted Knight says, "Silly youngin thought he could burrow out of wisp's grasp."

You say to Norak, Speaker of the Runes, "It's out of the way enough that you aren't likely to be bothered by folks, but still close to the mess hall and all that if you get hungry."

Kiershu smirks.

Bobbing his head, Norak, Speaker of the Runes says, "It will suffice to my tastes, simple as they are."

Offering a nod of affirmation, you say, "Great. She's been informed you are here. Thank you, again."

Norak, Speaker of the Runes turns and speaks softly to Da'rek who bows her head low before moving to the where the access points most intersect at. The shorter female plants the butt of her glaive at her feet and takes up a rigid stance, eyes ever observing.

You have emoted: "It's been a pleasure," Aldric says gratefully, a hand extending towards Norak, Speaker of the Runes.

Norak, Speaker of the Runes ponders the hand for a moment, before a warm smile plays across his face.  Lifting a bony hand he grasps it in a near bone-crushing grip. "We will await your Commander for as long as it takes."

You have emoted: "Ayyuh.. yeah," Aldric says, evidently caught off-guard by Norak, Speaker of the Runes's grip. The Azudim casually attempts to suppress his initial reaction by nodding his head again before dropping his hand. "Shouldn't be long," he says. "Take care, alright?"

Norak, Speaker of the Runes inclines his head politely to you.

Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    MoireanBakhtuhLin
    Ooh, very cool - sorry I missed it! Aldric seemed to handle himself well, though! 

Harshly, you ask Tsvanni, "Do you wanna spend the next decade cleaning the kennels from the inside of one?"

I lol'd.

Sterion seems to have a really rich culture associated with it - I wonder if we'll ever get to see it? Fun log and I can't wait to meet that trio!
    Lin
    Severn had promised that Moi would get to see her daughter on the girl's first birthday. A group of His minotaurs come to the Keep and some interesting revelations are revealed.
    Setne
  • D'awww
    Setne