The Aetolian Confessionals

Comments

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Arbre said:
    I miss vampire RP like crazy.  No, alting doesn't help.
    I understand. I tried the alting, and clearly I'm a point proven that it doesn't help.

• Lately I've been questioning Xenia's place in the Carnifex. Not because of the guild or the people in it, but because of how the RP surrounding this character has started to make her doubt if she truly believes in the Carnifex's plight.

I feel torn because I genuinely like the Carnifex on an OOC level. I love the guild and its atmosphere and have started to feel an OOC vs RP conflict because of this.  

• It kind of bothers me when people seem fundamentally opposed to liking me. Part if me is like meh, whateves, and part of me is like sad face, especially when I haven't really done anything turrible to deserve it. (Or maybe I have? Heh.) I mean, Rash can be hard to get along with, I guess? But I feel like I'm a reasonably neat dude OOCly, and some peeps are just like naw, man. Which is cool and all, but maybe since I don't really play alts, I feel like its just a wasted chance at interaction/friendship. End Thai hotel lobby rant.
    HavenAngwe
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited March 2014
    Yeah I guess it's just a thing. I kind of play a very humor driven, sometimes obnoxious character. People have a hard time looking past that to the more serious aspect.
  • Rashar said:
    It kind of bothers me when people seem fundamentally opposed to liking me. Part if me is like meh, whateves, and part of me is like sad face, especially when I haven't really done anything turrible to deserve it. (Or maybe I have? Heh.) I mean, Rash can be hard to get along with, I guess? But I feel like I'm a reasonably neat dude OOCly, and some peeps are just like naw, man. Which is cool and all, but maybe since I don't really play alts, I feel like its just a wasted chance at interaction/friendship. End Thai hotel lobby rant.
    Join the club. This is a revolving door feeling for a lot of people. And the truth of the matter is? Most people don't deserve it, but it's a text game, with a lot of anonymity that people get off on using as a shield to act how they want, use OOC clans to badmouth people, and generally be kinda dickish. There's just a lot of nitpicking and choosing the silliest reasons not to like other people they don't know a lick about. Don't like so and so because the object of your texty affections likes their texty character (seems to be the main reason), then people kick up dirt. Jealousy. Envy over text-based power, as if it could be put on a resume and used in the real world? Whatever the reasoning, it's just sad, but true.

I will say that it gets old. Sorry you're feeling that way, I can empathize. Been kinda tired of it myself lately.
    Ishin
  • DaskalosDaskalos Credit Whore Extraordinare Rolling amongst piles of credits.
    Well, I <3 Rashar. So there's that.

Message #17059 Sent By: Oleis           Received On: 1/03/2014/17:24
    "If it makes you feel better, just checking your artifact list threatens to crash my mudlet."

SlyphePiper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I know how ya feel, @Rashar. Sometimes it's just the way it goes and the only thing we can do is be polite and take what other people say with a grain of salt.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Katszia
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Despite how Teani acts towards @Rashar in the game, I have no problem with you as a player! 

Haven
  • DemarcusDemarcus Black Flagon Inn

Beginning to feel like I don't belong in Aetolia. Or any IRE games for that matter.

I honestly have no idea where to go with Demarcus' RP. Nothing seems to make sense and the things that do make sense are astronomically improbable.

Sessizlik
  • When in doubt, just down a keg of whiskey, go to Spinesreach, fall off a bench and propose to @moirean.

Piper
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    He has actually done this. It drew a rather large crowd.
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    edited March 2014
    Spinesreach in a nutshell, get drunk, get engaged, wake up and wonder what the unicorns you did last night.

Spinesreach is basically Vegas

Would Ferrik be Liberace....
    Oh man....Crocarace
    IshinMoireanArekaKatszia
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    What happens in spinesreach, stays in spinesreach.

AarbrokIshin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited March 2014
    As some of you may know Bene has been having major self-doubts and...well...just doubts in general. He might be leaving Slyphe as a part of those doubts.

But as a player I'm massively scared of doing it because it's been the one constant and the most recognisable aspect of who he is. Leaving that behind is incredibly daunting.

IngramAryannePiperKatszia
  • I can understand, but at the same time, it'll probably bring about a balls-deep depth of change and opportunity for growth or whatever. 

LIKE SLYPHE'S TENANTS! CHANGE! 

Last I checked.

I know next to nothing about this game sometimes. 
    BenedictoKatszia
  • Spinesreach:

TeaniMarienaKaleighHavenAarbrokKatszia
    Slyphe said:
    Spinesreach:

I can't believe I actually just sat and watched that whole video. All the way through.
    AarbrokXeniaKatsziaErzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I love that video!
  • Benedicto said:
    As some of you may know Bene has been having major self-doubts and...well...just doubts in general. He might be leaving Slyphe as a part of those doubts.

But as a player I'm massively scared of doing it because it's been the one constant and the most recognisable aspect of who he is. Leaving that behind is incredibly daunting.

Here's the thing, though. Sometimes the big changes lead to the most fun, especially when you're changing a major aspect of your character. I mean, with Xavin for the longest time I couldn't imagine having him leave Bloodloch/Bloodborn and getting cured, and here I am a few years later with that same character in charge of pretty much everything he was against back then. Just try not to burn any bridges too badly so you can backtrack if it turns out you made a mistake.

SolariaMoireanIshinKatszia
  • NeithanNeithan Sunspear, the Principality of Dorne
    HavenMoireanBenedictoAarbrokArbreLinSlyphePerilunaKatszia
  • Benedicto said:
    But as a player I'm massively scared of doing it because it's been the one constant and the most recognisable aspect of who he is.

Not his charming good looks? His turtle? HIS SWAGGER? It might be a big change and a huge one (and not easy, as Neithan posted) but you may find yourself really enjoying the storylines to follow the change.
    MoireanBenedictoArbreCiarelleKatszia
    Haern said:
    Benedicto said:
    But as a player I'm massively scared of doing it because it's been the one constant and the most recognisable aspect of who he is.

Not his charming good looks? His turtle? HIS SWAGGER? It might be a big change and a huge one (and not easy, as Neithan posted) but you may find yourself really enjoying the storylines to follow the change.
    All of those things will follow him regardless of what happens! They're immutable! 

On a serious note, I completely agree and it's what I've begun doing. I've collected some awesome RP logs today from just going out and RPing the situation. Everything is in a state of flux and at the minute it feels a little bit like tumbling down the rabbit hole, not knowing what to expect which is part of the excitement. I guess my biggest reservations are mostly because of habit and nostalgia.
    ArbreKatszia
  • My confessions?

- I yearn to roleplay as a player again. While the roleplay and excitement of yesteryear is long since gone (that fear of the gods, the unknown of the world and its workings in many ways, what lay upon the horizon for the game and even my character), it is something that tantalizes me constantly. All I can hope is that now I can weave a story that will excite players as much as it once may have excited me. I am now dolefully aware of the metagame and even if I were to step down, I'm afraid that I know far too much! Alas!

- I'm always a little sad when players rush through rooms or don't greet some mobiles. Lots of hidden stuff, but sometimes it just gets glossed over due to the mobile not being overly vocal when people rush through the room. The devil's in the detail!
    LinDamarielMinaraelDemarcus
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    DISPLAY still shows the results of my chess match with Villi and it probably always will.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I swear, no matter how gross Lin gets, someone out there finds her attractive. Homegirl's rockin' a big hole in the side of her face.

Other confession:
    I feel like there have been a few people who RP with Lin just to hook up with her. The instant she denies them it seems like she never sees them again. Not a lot about this game bugs me like it used to, but that one still burns.
    DemarcusKatsziaSolariaEmelle
  • My confession: Haven't the faintest idea what I'm doing.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • A confession implies something that other people don't already know, @meyvitch.

:)
    ArekaAarbrokLinKatsziaHavenRivasEmelleAngwe
  • I have a twin in real life? But that's not Aetolian.
    imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited March 2014
    I feel like so much of my playing experience was lost with TRACK and HOIST and other random flying based druids stuff. I probably pop in on 1% of people I used to ever. Huge swathes of character defining traits and quirks just sort of stopped happening.

edit: I heard there was auction arties for it when I wasn't playing and felt PRETTY TERRIBLE about not having a run at them. Though I guess I'd probably not have won unless I went entire hog.
  • Lin said:
    I'd like a nice sinister mod orange-red, only because it would match the website. Also the Redditors in our playerbase would immediately pay attention.

Also I have a rage: I wish there was a nice way to say to someone that it's hard to roleplay with them because in the time they produce a 3-line emote, you can go to the convenience store for a snack with time to spare.
    I'm one of those people, but only because I get distracted halfway through emoting and then go do something else for a few minutes before realising I was emoting... >.>

Pretty sure some people choose to not RP with me because of this. I -try- to not do this, but I can't really help it. It's not that the RP is boring, cause it -rarely- is... I just get distrac- LOOK! CAT! SHINY!

Also, this font is weird.