Airplane reading

edited June 2013 in OOC Chat
I have an 8 hour flight in 3 days. These are a lot of hours to spare and use leisurely, but unfortunately there is no Internet connection in transatlantic flights yet.

So I was thinking that besides a few movies to watch; I should keep exploring and learning more about Aetolia, and there is probably heaps of reading I could do about this world-game in the plane.

Any suggestions or recommendations?

Or anything really to occupy my time while waiting for landing.

Comments

• IosyneIosyne the Lair
    Neil Gaiman's new novel just came out, Ocean at the End of the Lane, and I highly recommend it if you like his work. It's a bit short though. If you haven't read him at all, I'd recommend starting with American Gods. Both are great novels you can really sink your teeth into. 
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Not Aet reading, but:
    Good Omens - Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
    Anything by Terry Pratchett - Hogfather, Soul Music, Mort, Reaper man is a good cluster. 
    The Deed of Paksenarrion (you can get the three books in one bundle on Kindle) - Elizabeth Moon (don't let the author's name fool you!)
    The Cheysuli Chronicles - Jennifer Roberson

Non-fiction
    Trickster Makes This World
    The Disappearing Spoon
    A History of the World through 6 Glasses
  • Extra, extra like for Good Omens and Terry Prachett. American Gods is also an excellent read (Neil Gaiman). 
    imageimage
  • I've read Anansi Boys and American Gods.
    Great books.

Thanks for the "To Read" suggestions, adding it to my list.

No Aetolia related reads yet though :(
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I suppose you could print these out to read, if you like:

• I just downloaded all the Bardics and Help files.

wget's recursive feature is great!
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    edited June 2013
    Ignore me.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Fixed, @Sarita.
  • Huh? What did just happened. What am I meant to ignore?
  • All Carnifex and Spinesreach grabbed as offline text files...
    More than 3,000 lines of scrolls! WOW
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Haha I totally did that EXACT thing once in another game when I first got into mudding and was eyeball deep in amazement at the game world. I copied all of the city/guild news posts into a text file to read on my computer while I was taking a long plane trip.

If you use a client, you can start a log of your play session, enter the news and spam through them all to log them into your file. Then, just read that and satiate your addiction.