Mafia: Lifers vs Darkies

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Darkness shrouded the streets of Enorian, save for one man's small cell. Fitfully, he tossed and turned, burning the midnight spark well into the early morning hours. "Vampire," he mumbled, flipping through ancient texts and shuffling through scrolls. Over and over, he consulted a copy of the Revelation. 

And then a shadow darkened his door.

"YOU!" the man cried.

A low chuckle was the only reply.

"Woe to anyone who befriends evil!" the Daru insisted. "True friends do not seek to change one another- GACK!"

As the vampire greedily sucked the last of the lifeblood out of Aldric, it became pretty clear that he wasn't there to change him. He was there to kill. Which, if you think about it, is a type of change, so hey, the Revelation was right.

Woe, indeed.

Aldric has been revelated.
    He was the Zealot.

It is now DAY 5
    THREE votes are needed for a lynch!
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Vote Angwe
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Vote: Macavity
    Why would I kill the last person on my side in the last round of the game if I was mafia? I'd be ensuring a loss.
    You didn't know who the Syssin was, and from all indications thought it was me. I would guess that is why you took the risk of claiming to me (even if it was a bet) to try to build an alliance, BUT YOU GUESSED WRONG.

Die die die die die die!!!!!
    A Syssin with no shots is worth nothing to mafia. Trying to form an alliance would have been retarded.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Still going with Aldric, RIP.

VOTE: Macavity
    It's not Macavity. Beyond Iosyne voting for Macavity on day 1 to pretty much seal the lynch, this is what I got from Angwe out of my bet:

Message #658   Sent By: Angwe           Received On: 7/18/2013/3:05
    "((Ya bastid. Fine. I'm lying to you about my roll. But someone else is, too! It'd be in yr best interest not to kill me yet))."

His role that he claimed was Vanilla Townie. You can see that the only role left in the game that isn't a Vanilla Townie is the Mafia, and if Angwe was Townie he has 0 reason to lie about this.

Also if you really want to get into meta stuff, notice that the kill was posted at the same time as Angwe came on >.>
    I wouldn't read anything into what time kills are posted. I don't always post them right away, for exactly that reason.
    Fair enough, but yeah. Kill the Angwe in any case!!!!!
    Arbre: Macavity
    Angwe: Macavity
    Macavity:
    Ezalor: Angwe

Alright, let's see if I can do this.  Ezalor is INTENT that it's Angwe based on information that is confusing the heck out of me since he hasn't posted all of it chronologically.  I'm on to solely because of Aldric, and I THINK that's why Angwe is as well.  We're going to assume Macavity, town or vamp, would not vote for himself.

If Aldric was right and Macavity is the vampire, then Ezalor's claim to Angwe leads me to believe Ezalor is innocent (albeit fanatical).  Macavity hasn't spoken up yet for me to (try to) analyze his vote.

If Ezalor is the vampire then he'd be quick to jump on the lynch train for Macavity in an anyone-but-me vote - all he has to do is kill off -any- townie and he wins.

If Angwe is the vampire then he'd be fine with slipping into any lynch train.

If I'm the vampire, then I'd be fine with slipping into any lynch train.

This information leads me to believe that either Angwe or I am the vampire.  I can discount myself easily and say despite how confusing Ezalor has been, maybe he has something of it with his crusade against Angwe.

VOTE: Macavity Angwe
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    you are right I am not going to vote for myself because I cannot knowingly vote for a Townie and I know for sure I am a townie!  

I sure hope this is the right choice!  **crosses fingers**

VOTE: Angwe
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    edited July 2013
    Discussions were terse, tense and to the point. Summer had hit Enorian and high noon met high temperatures and even higher tempers. With only a handful of people still left alive, tension had mounted to a point of fractic decision. Plus, all the dead bodies were REALLY starting to stink.

"FINISH HIM!" Ezalor-the-totally-not-vampire bloodborn screamed, pointing a finger at Angwe.

"But, wait, Aldric said-"

"ALDRIC DIED, ARBRE!" Ezalor shouted back. "HE'S DEAD, ARBRE."

Slowly, the firekitty nodded. He had a point.She edged around to flank Angwe, but that wouldn't be enough - the man saw an exit off to the right, and began to run-

"HI GUYS!" Macavity piped up, stepping right into Angwe's path. "We should vote for- OOF!" The other totally-not-a-vampire vampire was nearly bowled over by the fleeing Sentinel. "HIM!" he said as he caught his breath.

"NooooOOOOoooOOooo!"

"YESSSS," the trio hissed in unison, deftly swinging a noose around his neck.

"Nooo I- glurk!" They began to string him up. "I! I! I only did it because Sentinels need their revamp! I can be patient, I swear!"

The other three COULDN'T be patient, though, and - in unison - they began to pull on the rope, hoisting him aloft. His face began to turn blue as the noose tightened and then...

[spoiler]
    ...he began to disperse, his body drying out into a withered husk. Alas for Angwe, his deception had finally been uncovered, and he soon found himself little more than an oily cloud of mist, wafting away on the hot summer's breeze.

Angwe has been lynched.
    He was the final vampire!

Lifers win!
    [/spoiler]
    Piper
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

This game was something! xD You guys missed some pretty big cues throughout the game but well done all the same.

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School

My notes if anyone cares to look:

[spoiler]

• Currently alive.
    • Confirmed Syssin.
    • Confirmed Vampire.
    • Confirmed Townie.

Day 1

Alexina: Periluna1,

Piper: Angwe1,

Periluna: Macavity1,

Macavity: Esper1, Ilyon1, Teani1, Xenia2, Arbre1, Iosyne1, Alexina1, Periluna2, Aldric1,

Angwe: Aryanne1, Piper1,

NoLynch: Xenia1, Aryanne2, Xenia3, Aryanne4 changes vote after Xenia outs herself as Doctor, Periluna4, Angwe3, Setne1

Xenia: Ezalor1, Piper2, Ilyon2, Angwe2, Teani2, Aryanne3, Macavity2, Arbre2, Periluna3, Valenae1,

Setne: Esper2, Periluna5, Teani3, Arbre4, Ilyon3, Iosyne2, Xenia4, Setne2, Valenae2, Piper3, Ezalor2,

Ezalor: Arbre3,

Verdict: Setne is being replaced by Omei.

Day 1 Restarted

Ezalor: Arbre1, Ezalor1 opts out of game and votes for self but suggests Esper to be Bloodborn,

Esper: Periluna1 takes Ezalor's suggestion, Macavity1, Alexina1, Piper1,

NoLynch: Aryanne1, Xenia1,

Valenae: Omei1 likely knew Valenae was quitting and voted to seem like lucky savior, Teani1, Ilyon1, Ezalor2 changes mind and opts to play, Xenia2, Valenae1 opts out of game, Aldric1, Macavity2, Esper1, Angwe1 casts the killing vote, Iosyne1 casts the killing vote alongside Angwe, Piper2, Periluna2

Verdict: Valenae, the Vampire, is lynched with 12 votes.

Night 1

Teani, the Sentaari, has been sucked dry.

Day 2

Ilyon: Macavity1, Omei2, Alexina1, Periluna1, Arbre1, Piper1, Aryanne1 votes Ilyon but gives Omei the eyeAngwe1 casts the killing vote,

Piper: Omei1,

Xenia, the Luminary, has been ASSASSINATED by the Syssin shortly after Omei's first vote and Esper's inquiry on ammunition.

Esper: Macavity2 accuses Esper of being the Syssin,

Ezalor: Ilyon1

Verdict: Ilyon, the Townie, is lynched with 7 votes.

Night 2

Aryanne, the Townie, has been sucked dry.

Day 3

Esper: Ezalor1, Omei1 attaches self to Ezalor, Arbre1, Periluna1, Iosyne1, Macavity1,

Arbre: Esper1 votes but eyes (Alexina, Periluna, Omei, and Ezalor)

Piper no where to be found. (Internet issues?)

Verdict: Esper, the Townie, is lynched with 6 votes.

Night 3

Piper, the Townie, has been sucked dry.

Day 4

Angwe: Omei1votes Angwe but eyes Iosyne (likely a bid to sacrifice self if Angwe proves innocent),

Omei, the Vampire, is FIREBOMBED by the Zealot.

Iosyne, the Bloodborn, is FIREBOMBED by the Zealot. (This absolved Angwe of all suspicion for me. Didn't believe Omei would name all the vamps out like that when they had most of the Lifers eating from his palm.)

Ezalor: Aldric1 outs himself as the Zealot, Arbre1, Aldric3, Macavity1,

Periluna has been ASSASSINATED by the Syssin.

Ezalor tries to separate himself from Omei by posting OOC convos.

Angwe: Aldric2 changes vote but still eyes Ezalor,

Macavity: Ezalor1 makes vote after Macavity's vote trying to reaffirm separation from Omei, Aldric4, Aldric5 returns vote after game stall, Alexina2 changes vote for the kill after Ezalor prompting,

Arbre: Angwe1 votes while Ezalor defends Arbre, Alexina1 votes but eyes Macavity,

Alexina: Arbre2 changes mind after Ezalor asserts innocence and shifts eye to Alexina, Macavity2, Ezalor2 changes mind undoing kill vote established by Alexina and securing lynch vote after rereading thread claim, Aldric6 changes vote wanting to end game

Verdict: Alexina, the Syssin, is lynched with 4 votes.

Night 4

Aldric, the Zealot, has been sucked dry.

Day 5

Angwe: Ezalor1, Arbre2 changes vote with Ezalor's prompting while asserting either only she or Angwe can be vamp, Macavity1 will the lynch vote.

Macavity: Angwe1, Arbre1,

Verdict: Angwe, the Vampire, is lynched with 3 votes. Lifers win!

[/spoiler]

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    A lot of Arbre's posts made no sense to me at all. Like when she wanted to lynch Ilyon because he was too silent, just after he'd posted in his defence just before that. Or when she said the syssin and vampires would be interested in keeping each other alive. I was sure she was a vampire. :(
  • Good game! Thanks for hosting Moi!

..Also dibs on hosting the next in a month or so.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    Pegging Arbre as not a Vampire was about the only thing I got right all game :D.

I didn't really agree with a lot of what Arbre was saying but the way she said it, especially at the end of the game, made me think she was Town.
    This was fun and now that I understand the game a little better I will for sure play again in the future!  
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• PiperPiper Master Crumbs

That was really an exciting and tense game at the end. I've never watched one so closely after I got killed before! Good game, everyone!

PerilunaMacavityXeniaAryanne
    Also, @Angwe had a good shot at winning if he killed me and kept Aldric alive, since I was hell bent on lynching him while the rest were sorta on Macavity still.
  • Yeah, I definitely would have been going after Macavity if I wasn't killed. I had my suspicions about Angwe, but Macavity just.. hnng. Pls2 not be so suspicious next time. Also, it doesn't matter how many times you say you're a townie or how much you promise, you're still going to be doubted if you can't back it up :P
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Even though I croaked out second and pretty much didn't get to participate much, I had a great time watching the thread and seeing the town win. Thanks Moirean!

PiperPeriluna
  • That was a lot of fun. Let's do it again sometime.

i am rapture coder
    Moirean
    Ezalor said:
    Also, @Angwe had a good shot at winning if he killed me and kept Aldric alive, since I was hell bent on lynching him while the rest were sorta on Macavity still.
    It was the obvious thing to do, but felt transparent.
    I just started a new medication and I'm relatively new to these games ANYWAYS, so sorry for not making sense!
  • Thanks guys, it's been amusing.

I am curious in this, when the Vampires went to vote were they told who else were Vampires and who the Bloodborn was, or did they just send their own votes to Moi directly and who ever got the most votes that is who got killed??
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

They knew who the other vampires were.
    Arbre said:
    I just started a new medication and I'm relatively new to these games ANYWAYS, so sorry for not making sense!
    @Arbre you played fine. I mean, dear Lord, look at how many blunders I made. From almost lynching the Doctor day 1 to following a vampire around, haha. We managed to pull it together in the end!