Artifact ideas

Comments

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Do fist sigils decay!? I put one on and just forget about it indefinately.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    Yes they do.
  • Artifact tarot deck, infinite cards or just automatically generates cards every howling. I'm willing to make allowances. The cost of tarot cards is absurd. 
    DraimanMacavity
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    I'd like a zap button for a day.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    PiperDraimanArbreInfinJensenTrager
  • Xiuhcoatl said:
    Artifact tarot deck, infinite cards or just automatically generates cards every howling. I'm willing to make allowances. The cost of tarot cards is absurd. 
    Not just the cost. The time making them. If they made them easier to carve... it wouldn't cost as much.
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    Allow the elemental resist power for shields to be added to other worn stuff. Some classes can't use shields at all and they aren't inherently tankier to elemental resists.
    ArbreRiluoInfin
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    I'm stupid jealous of the elemental resist stuff.  @Xavin constantly reminds me that I can't buy it for my clawz.
  • It's actually been liaison'd for in the past, and the answer's been no.

• DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    edited February 2014
    It should be able to be added to the protection amulet.

The amulet == armor, anyway.

Just make it so that the shield and the amulet powers don't stack.

Edit - the resistance powers. I know I've brought this up before, because I don't understand why it's not possible.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That was the liaison report, I think.
    Xavin
  • Moirean said:
    That was the liaison report, I think.
    That's exactly what the report was. To let the amulet of protection artifact also host a single resistance power, and not have it stack. But that didn't happen and likely isn't ever going to happen.

That's dumb.

Some classes cannot - and will never - have shields, and should have access to the resistances.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited February 2014
    I think shields are actually considered a tactical disadvantage to a degree. any class that can use them except for mage, tends to take a damage decrease to do so. And the classes that DO use shields are balanced around the extra resists available other ways.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    The Magic resist one can already go on anything, so just get that one and be happy.
  • Personal shrines to God/Goddess of your choice, similar to to Daggers. Doesn't count towards shrine number during holy wars or goes inactive, placeable in Havens.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

ArbreTrager
    Aishia said:
    I think shields are actually considered a tactical disadvantage to a degree. any class that can use them except for mage, tends to take a damage decrease to do so. And the classes that DO use shields are balanced around the extra resists available other ways.
    Luminaries have resistences coming out their ears/nose/bellybutton, and they can get a shield resist, and in fact require a shield to do basically everything pk related.

Monks do not have such lovely class based resists, and are forced to wear wet paper armor. Tekura is basically useless with a shield, unless you're using cobra stance. Which, if you are, haha.
    Infin
    Can adaptation work once an hour like polymath?  That'd be super nice, please.
    Infin
    It's kind of both artifacts rolled into one. You get a free reincarnation every time you class switch -and- every two hours. That said I would also love if it was one hour regardless of class switch.
    Infin
    Then what would become of Transmutation? 
  • Areka said:
    Then what would become of Transmutation? 
    BECOME A MAN
    Then a woman
    Then a Man
    Now look at your hand..PEARLS
    ArekaOmei
    Adaptation doesn't change race. 
    Neither does Transmutation after endgame. 

Adaptation was initially an in-between for folk who anly needed a statpack change per class. If it is to become Transmutation sans race/gender, it would be better to either divorce those parts of the artifact power, or have adaptation be upgrade-able to transmutation. Otherwise it's a kick in the face for those of us who got it because we needed to reincarnate within one class and couldn't do Adaptation as we had no other class to change to. 
  • Areka said:
    Neither does Transmutation after endgame. 

Otherwise it's a kick in the face for those of us who got it because we needed to reincarnate within one class and couldn't do Adaptation as we had no other class to change to. 
    I sold my gem a long time ago because the cooldown was too unicorns long. I don't really care about race since it's mostly cosmetic now, but they could reduce the cost of the gem or add some other perk to it. I don't switch out of Typical very much anymore. 
    Ohh I was talking about Transmutation, not Adaptation. As in the 1000 credit gem should also work every 1 hour! Then it'd set itself firmly above the 750 credit one.
    Aaah, yeah, that would be nice. 
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Ezalor said:
    Ohh I was talking about Transmutation, not Adaptation. As in the 1000 credit gem should also work every 1 hour! Then it'd set itself firmly above the 750 credit one.

Would buy, if it did this.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Wait, it doesn't?

That's terrible.

Dain has a poly/adaptation gem that I bought in auction, and it's the best thing ever - I was considering buying transmutation for enhancement changes - sometimes, I don't need to switch professions - but if transmutation doesn't work every hour, it's not worth it, since I can just profession-hop if I -really- need to. Both luminary and zealot bash/pk well enough for me to be generally interchangable.
  • A separate (lower cost) arti for enhancement only changes would be nice. Sometimes my statpack is fine either way, I just want to switch between bash mode, ultra bash mode, omg dont wanna die bash mode, and 'eh, maybe I'll pvp mode'
    ArekaInfin
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    House upgrade to link your haven to your house. I might actually use my haven points (probably aaaaaall of them) if I had that option.
    Periluna