Artifact ideas

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    (Or shop at the Iron Hill Armoury in Delos, conveniently located north of the Delosian market and usually fairly well stocked except when I'm being lazy!)
  • Areka said:
    (Or shop at the Iron Hill Armoury in Delos, conveniently located north of the Delosian market and usually fairly well stocked except when I'm being lazy!)
    My current axe (single handed mind you) has 197 power. Even without my rune on it, that's not the sort of weapon and average smith can make. Toz is godlike at forging. 
    179, and that's just beneath the cap (sorry Toz!) - The max any smith can forge in any one stat is 180, 177 being the average with a hammer.
  • Well this tangent is getting off topic but I doubt 1 damage would factor into anything with the diminishing returns on power that high. It's fast enough to sync with my whispers with crown as well as I build tankiness for team fights and hunting. 

The initial point is though that I'm happy with my axe! I am also happy with having 45 / 45 scalemail and I'd rather not need to replace either and.I'm willing to pay credits as an artifact idea to keep them heheh
  • edited January 2014
    Those stats can be easily replicated by anyone with a hammer. I several weapon at 180 speed, and have made scalemail better than that on more than one occasion. If they introduce a no decay option, then making ANY sort of commission of any type will be out the window, and the already minor profit that's made will be killed. Weapons and armor are utility items that everyone in some fashion has to use, even Mages utilize a shield. That way demand is kept up, this isn't the same as a permanent bookshelf in your Haven. You're not regularly using that, there's no demand for it, but other people will surely want stools, chairs etc.

It's a Mercantile skill (We had to give up Concoctions to have it, really sucks considering none of the other Mercantile abilities have been forced to that yet. Not to mention the lack of a ylem bonus STILL). Since concoctions is practically ALL profit, the only investment besides in Restoration, is just harvest time, versus in forging where you have to buy comms, try to forge, get cruddy stats, destroy it and lose some of those comms and try again, and again, and again..making it so that weapons and armor won't decay? Bye bye the want to bother, and any way of breaking even.

On an artifact idea side:
    Bag of marbles
    - You toss marbles to the floor making it slippery, this lasts 10 minutes and can only be done once an hour.

Poking stick
    - When used on Players - afflicts HATRED - long balance loss.
    - When used on Living Mobs - Forces them aggro in the room (doesn't tag to the poker, just ticks them off)
    - When used on Dead Mobs - Nothing. But it's fun to poke dead bodies, right?
    - When used on Dead Players - if at the Mirror or melding, Player senses their body being poked. Ruddy jerk!
    ArekaSessizlikTeaniPerilunaXenia
  • I really want to poke dead people with a stick. Yes please.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

PerilunaXeniaTeaniInfin
  • Not bad for a coin arti, maybe.

• I carry 120 vials at the moment. It isn't enough - I'm thinking I need another 30 or so. And it's not like I pvp much, or pve for that matter. Does anyone actually buy artefact vials? I've got three from past promotions, which I haven't bothered to  trade in partly because I like having things like immunity never decay, but mostly because I don't have anything to spend the credits on at the moment.

Idea:

Artefact vials to hold 500 sips/applications

Normal vials to hold 200?

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I suggested a while back that artifact vials be sold in packs for the same price, versus just a single vial, but I like the increased sip idea as well.
  • ORR sell ARTIFACT VIAL BELTS like on imperian but instead of making them craftable make it an artifact?

Pretty sure most people will buy them
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Irruel said:

I carry 120 vials at the moment.

So cute.

246 boring vials
    JensenInfin
  • Nalor said:
    ORR sell ARTIFACT VIAL BELTS like on imperian but instead of making them craftable make it an artifact?

Pretty sure most people will buy them
    God I would love vial belts....plzyes
    Infin
  • @Kaeus me too .. its why I said Arti soo its a luxury as EVERYONE has them in imperium and it seems a waste
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
    Something that allows us to set up 'rooms' within a shop (maybe directionally placed in a manner akin to dens, that can be recalled/collapsed like market stalls and don't modify the shop in itself, and use the shop's stockroom), where you can SHELF 5 ASSIGN (itemnum of room/extension), etc, so you could rearrange which shelves show up where to better flesh out shop atmosphere. If the roomthingy is recalled/collapsed, the shelves automatically reassign to the shop's actual/physical room. 
    Infin
  • SetneSetne The Grand Tyrant
    Arbre said:
    Irruel said:

So cute.

246 boring vials
    I fear for the newbie you eventually unload those on.

Ingram said:
    "Oh my arms are suddenly lubed"
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    I have artifact vials.  40 of them to be exact.  and I only have them because I won them in promotions and such.  They are nice just so I do not log in to find things decayed.  But I too would love the vial belt that was spoken about.
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
  • Arbre said:
    Irruel said:

So cute.

246 boring vials
    Am I crazy to be walking around with 461 vials? I hate running out of things, while hunting or in combat. The problem is when I get 200+ made at once, they all decay on the same day and if I'm online for that, it sometimes crashes me. 

Piper
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Unless arti vials cost around 1-5 credits a piece, I just don't see the value in them.  It's cheaper and more useful in the long run to pick up woodcrafting and trans it.
    InfinArbre
  • Liquidrift in lusternia made artivials actually useful. I knew some people that had them, but I generally considered them a novelty until the liquidrift got added. If you haven't played there, the idea is you can store up to 2000 sips in a rift and you link individual vials to the rift so you only need one vial for each liquid. If you have arti vials they can link to 5 liquids at once and halve sip reduction of the rift. I'd consider buying artivials if that got added here, but as is they don't seem like a great investment to me.
    Rawr
    No liquidrift please. Maintaining vials is one of the few big comm markets we have left and selling them with a woodcrafting knife is a strong source of profit for people who take the effort to check trade markets.
    PerilunaPiperAryanneInfin
  • Am I crazy to be walking around with 461 vials? I hate running out of things, while hunting or in combat. The problem is when I get 200+ made at once, they all decay on the same day and if I'm online for that, it sometimes crashes me. 

No, you are not crazy. I don't pvp much. A few lessers, the odd other fight here and there when I can find them. I use more of my curatives testing stuff than I do in real fights.

Bashing, well - I'm bashing more than normal now (aberrations) but I mix my own cures so I've 5 each of things I use lots of (like mending), and 15 or so health vials.

Venom, about 5ish each of the stuff that I use lots of, and 2-3 each of the others.

If I fought more, and couldn't mix my own, I could easily see myself wanting those sorts of numbers.

I just feel it's a bit ridiculous. Maybe all normal vials should be doubled in size, or maybe some kind of solution like imperian/lusternia have implemented.
  • DaingeanDaingean Xanhaal, probably.
    Eighty vials, plus one artifact vial used for vigor because I am too cheap to refill that more than I have to.

The fact that I have eighty one vials keeps me from using invcat, because the uneven number would infuriate me, but having 80 matching vials and stuffing the artifact in a pack when I'm not sipping is okay.
    Proudly fighting against Greytolia since the [approximately] 3/1/2010 at 18:00.
  • A tarot deck that has infinite cards. I find it silly I need to manage pacts, essence, and tarot cards. I understand not many people play the class because it's pretty bad and has been for a pretty long time. However, it's such a massive gold sink to get cards and decks.
    MoireanRiluoInfin
    Any chance there could be smaller versions of the seal of besmirchment, to remove individual ties? Ie, disown a single kid or remove a parent, etc.
    Arbre
  • Sticky Gloves- 150cr
     - While wearing these highly adhesive gloves, any weapons or items you wield will act as if the fist sigil enchantment is applied to them. This is Passive. (Will not stop throwing).

Because I can't trust gripping enough, and the swap of fist sigils in addition to weapon swap is a lot of commands mid combat..this would make me crazy happy.
    ArekaJensen
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Hooded bridle - will not reveal the mounts owner when examined
    AryanneHavenInfin
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Jensen said:
    Hooded bridle - will not reveal the mounts owner when examined
    Bit sales might go up! :-P
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Saybre said:
    Sticky Gloves- 150cr
     - While wearing these highly adhesive gloves, any weapons or items you wield will act as if the fist sigil enchantment is applied to them. This is Passive. (Will not stop throwing).

Because I can't trust gripping enough, and the swap of fist sigils in addition to weapon swap is a lot of commands mid combat..this would make me crazy happy.
    Why do you swap fist sigils? They cost like 100 gold...
    XavinDaskalosHavenEzalor
  • Moirean said:
    Saybre said:
    Sticky Gloves- 150cr

Why do you swap fist sigils? They cost like 100 gold...
    I swap them out of reassurance that they're there. So if I swap weapons and haven't swapped to weapons that unknowingly don't have fists, and an arm breaks, and then I'm up poo creek. Mostly out of habit I suppose when enchantments were way more expensive, but mostly out of reassurance.
    Demarcus