Slyphians chatting in an Aviary

edited May 2013 in Roleplay Logs
Background:
[spoiler]Orisae promised to sit down and clear up some confusion and answer any questions Aarbrok might have had about the Tenets. Haven suddenly was interested in learning more and so was invited to join in. Meskhenet did as Meskhenet liked...and also joined in. The conversation goes all over the place. Was fun. [/spoiler]

Setting:
[spoiler] --- A private, iron-worked aviary  -3:1:0 ---
A short distance from the tavern is an area that is easily heard before seen. The walls of a tall gazebo have been lined with netting that is visible through the black iron pillars and elegantly designed filigree. Several benches are built along the inside of the enclosed area so that visitors can find relaxation as they view and listen to the small and brightly-colored exotic birds that live within the aviary. Centered in the middle of the gazebo floor, a small fountain carved from obsidian serves as a birdbath as well as filling the air with the pleasant sound of streaming water. Numerous fragrant varieties of bushes, flowers and vines have been planted around to entice the butterflies that also make it their home. Just beyond the beautiful flora, a smaller pond surrounded by trimmed green grass is being used by several geese and other waterfowl.[/spoiler]

[Spoiler] Aarbrok presses the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right and bows respectfully to you.

Loud cracking and popping noises emanate from Xembrok, the Devourer as it sheds a layer of its carapace, leaving behind fleshy remnants.

Orisae sweeps into the aviary, her talons crunching at the twigs and shrubberies that have overgrown the path leading to the small iron-worked gazebo.

Pressing the open palm of your left hand against the clenched fist of your right, you bow respectfully to Aarbrok.

Aarbrok leans casually against a fountain within the aviary, offering a smile to you, "All well, I presume." she asks, curtly.

Thick strands of twinkling starlight drape Haven as she arrives from the out.

Aarbrok eyes catch Haven as he enters the room, pressing her palm into her hand against a clenched fist, she offers a respectful bow.

Orisae turns at her waist to offer Haven a beaming smile, the skin by her glowing eyes crinkling from the change of expression. "All is ever well at this moment, yes. I've little to nothing to complain about." The Yeleni's tenor voice twists into a content chirp, her thin lips pursing the slightest. "Shall we? Be careful when opening the gate lest you release some of the birds."

Aarbrok smiles and nods, pulling her hair behind her back and tying it up carefully, "As you wish dear, lead the way."

Aarbrok begins to follow you.

Haven draws his hands together behind his back in his formal fashion upon entering. His silvered gaze briefly pass over Aarbrok, tightening momentarily, before ultimately settling on you. The final stare is an even one... Perhaps even light for his usually grim expression. "Of course." Where is expression might have been neutral, his tone betrayed his true feelings. It carries with it an air of warmth and a welcoming as gentle as a campfire in the night.

Haven begins to follow you.

Orisae blinks quickly as Haven and Aarbrok fall in closely behind her, a small bit of confusion sinking into her expression. Taking a single step forward, the sound of metal scraping can be heard above even the loud music of the feathered creatures within as she simply opens the gate. A smooth gesture encourages the two to step into the gazebo. "After yourselves, than. I figure this need not be so very formal so I feel it best to hear any questions and let our discussion grow from that, yes?"

Aarbrok shakes her head confusedly as the cage opens upon the gazebo, "We are going inside the cage....ah." she intones with the slight revelation, "Mmm, very well." she says, as she enters quietly into the large cage-like gazebo and looks around curiously. "Rather nice in here." she compliments awkwardly.

Haven breaks the link between his fingers and carries himself onto the gazebo with a determined stride, claws lightly raking against the archway in his passing. "As you say, my dear." The words rumble out of Haven's throat as he takes his time in surveying the area, Aarbrok included - not quite the expression of wonder or curiosity but of a faint suspicion. It's almost as if the Azudim were expecting something to arise from the cage or possibly Aarbrok herelf. "Do you think the Lord Slyphe merciful?" Haven asks Aarbrok over his shoulder.

Aarbrok looks directly at Haven, with a fiery intensity in her eyes as she crosses her hands over her chest. "Do I think Lord Slyphe merciful, I do not make assumptions for the Gods." she intones with brutal honesty, examining a hand cautiously as she reaches up and pets her ponytail gently, "Do I feel the opportunities for Redemption are available, that I can prove Adaptation with my changes, physical and mental. That I can embody progress and overcome the obstacles moreso than one who just seeks an easy path over the turmoiled waters of life." she chuckles slightly at her answer, "I believe so, I believe one can do anything if they aspire to, and that being said, embodying the tenets of the Maesltrom I feel I can prove worth."

"Thank you. This was my favorite place to spend time with friends when I was younger, back in the days of Spinesreach. I will always be thankful that my mother brought it to Delos when she moved." Orisae taps her fingertip against the curve of her sharp cheekbones as she strolls over to one of the build in benches. Fluttering and perched above their heads are many exotic birds, all small, with several more making themselves comfortable within the waters of the center fountain. Not quite friendly, they regardless find themselves comfortable around the mortals. A replied peep and warble can be heard as the Yeleni's marsh wren bounces itself out of her mail satchel and goes to join its brethren. "I, for one, think that a Slyphian need find themselves flexible enough to embrace mercy when needed as well as be capable of hardening their hearts when it should not be applied." She clucks her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"Mercy." Haven says the word as if his tongue were tainted with some strange taste. It's a word that he lets it echo out from not only his mouth but from his very being. His core. His heart. With his hands lifting towards his chest, he slowly curls his claws into his palms as he utters, "For a long time, it was a word I could not afford to know the real meaning of. But these days I'm left with nothing but time. A chance to see the world in a different light." The Azudim turns on his heels to regard both you and Aarbrok but especially the female Azudim. Lithe and curvaceous, all of which comes under sudden scrutiny. "How can one be certain when mercy should be applied? When the heart should forgive? When to end the cycle? That is my question to you both."

Aarbrok looks at Haven, her mischievous grin unsettling as she raises her hand to her face and rubs her chin with consideration. Her eyes flickering from golden to a deep crimson like a crackling flame she replies in a dulcet tone, "If anyone here has done things to be judged upon we know of our crimes and less settling behaviors, but that Mister Locke is the past yes, something we inevitably worked through to mold us to what we are, be it a solemn monk, a knight of zeal, a mage of purpose, it matters little profession merely our purpose." she muses, almost in an educational manner as her body language and movements releases tension and she speaks with her haands, pacing slightly back and forth, "Mercy may not always be granted for ones wrongdoings, nor should it be expected, however tolerance and acceptance I feel goes to those who work towards common goals. Feelings can rest far deeper than just what an action visually creates, but tolerance is up to one willing to adapt and grow."

Orisae leans to the side, raising her arm up to prop a pointy feather-covered elbow against the back of the bench before resting a half unfurled hand against her cheek. Lids fall to conceal half of the glow of her eyes as she quietly listens to Haven. "Leave it to you to bring up something drastically outside of the subjects that we were hoping to discuss. Keep us all on our toes, yes?" She lightly teases Haven, her gaze dimming until it mirrors the smolder of a slowly burning coal. "Until you find yourself needing to embrace Wrath, mercy should be left within the works of Erosion but that is just my own personal opinion. One must not look anywhere but within their own good judgement for that answer. If you are uncertain, there will always be persons to cross check your opinions with, of course. Our job is not to save the lives of every individual, Locke."

Haven tilts his head towards the side offering Aarbrok a questioning glare as he listens to the answer at hand. It isn't until you speaks that the spell is broken and the Azudim rights himself to stand with an upraised chin. "Maybe." The word is quiet as it leaves his lips while the flesh knitting his brow together makes his wrinkles more defined. From the crow's feet decorating the corners of his eyes to the taut thinning of his lips, the Azudim looks more disturbed than arrogant in his formal posture. "I've always known Wrath. But the Beacon seems to want to instill a sense of Mercy in me. A mercy I cannot quite seem to grasp for there are so few worthy of such an end. A pardon to the cycle. And so I look to the Lord Slyphe. For Wrath to come there must first be Judgement. And is a Judgement without first considering Mercy? This is why I ask."

Aarbrok nods at Haven and looks for reassurance from you as she responds, "The tenet of Erosion embodies the changes that come in ones existence, it can be violent and powerful, not just in what it represents but what it commands. The hardest judgement can be ones own of themself during such turbulence." She elongates her claws and begins tapping them on the wood, cocking her head at Haven, "Many can take judgment, wrath, criticism and the like, few have the will to put such weight on themselves by their own mind and will. Can you judge yourself Mister Locke, I have spent the last half year doing so unto myself, and I have discovered many fears, angers, desires....in the progress."

Understanding visibly floods through Orisae, the change evident with the twitch of her thick brows, pursing of her thin lips, and among others. "I think the best thing you would require to make such a call would be, as Brother Stathan summed up just the other day, patience. No decision made in haste and effort placed in not resorting to Wrath. I ought mention to the both you that the current Tenets, as worded within the scrolls, are being reworked to make them more separate. Unfortunately, the current scroll on Erosion has it sound similar to Wrath. As such, it is far too easy to mistake one for the other." She murmurs softly, holding out the freed hand that is not settled against her face. Palm aimed towards Haven and than Aarbrok. "Erosion is.. not that. Not quite. Not entirely. Those of the past worded it in a way that has confused a great number who have continued to believe in a wrong meaning for the Tenet."

The last few words are aimed towards Aarbrok, a flush of embarrassment showing on Orisae's face. "It is one of the reasons that I am trying to speak with congregants so early on within their joining. I do apologize for the slight possible misrepresentation."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "It surely should be corrected then."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I shall notate your words."

You smile and say to Aarbrok, "It will within the year, I promise you."

Aarbrok nods her head emphatically.

Haven seems to think for a moment before nodding slowly.

"If you would like, I might explain it to the both of you." Orisae nods shallowly towards the two.

Aarbrok nods her head quietly towards you.

As Haven nows slowly in understanding, he crosses his arms over his chest. "At your leisure." He states, ignoring Aarbrok's question directed at him for now.

"Erosion is not a violent action. The best way to start this description is to tell you of the first question that I asked when I was considering a god to follow. I asked my mentor, Tralendar, what the difference was between Lord Slyphe and Lord Severn. It was my understanding that they both made use of manipulation within their Orders as means to get what was wanted." Orisae draws herself up into a more formal seated position, resting her hands against the exposed down of her thighs. "The response was that Lord Slyphe, unlike Lord Severn, approved of manipulation as a means to ensure Progress rather than personal gain. Erosion could be somewhat defined by saying that it is a way of 'manipulation over time'. It is not, in itself, inherently violent but, rather, a gentle or steady act. A firm word. Noticing that proper encouragement should be applied. Standing your ground and giving others a person to look up to for stability. All for the encouragement of positive growth and Change." She continues after taking a deep breath.

"It is when such activities have proven to be useless against the pools of stagnancy that have accumulated that one might finally approach the situation with Wrath. Only when it has been seen, time and time again, or perhaps something is so obviously far gone that we cannot even begin to touch at it, that we opt to move without mercy." Orisae concludes, her bottom lip soon becoming caught between the rows of her teeth.

Softly, you say, "Mercy is found when you withhold your strike in order to see if another way or method can be found to salvage the situation."

You say, "I do hope that helps, any."

"Some." is all Haven offers in way of a response as he remains rooted just a ways away from the archway marking the entrance of the gazebo.

Aarbrok sucks on her teeth, "In all essence they all someone sound like a course of action in ones process." Pulling herself from the wall and smirking slightly as she brushes a few wrinkles from her robe and steps into the gazebo from the wall, "I have the fixation of the parts of adaptation and change, I have always preached of progress for it is paramount to ones goals, collective or not. Unlocking that of my personal strengths and flaws has been a unique goal since joining the congregation, I am changing my temperment, as well as my very perceptions."

Orisae nods towards Aarbrok before flicking her attention back over to Haven. "Did you have another question or are you unfinished yet with the last?"

You smile and say to Aarbrok, "You must have a question or so, yourself?"

Haven shakes his head as he says, "No other questions."

Aarbrok nods her head at you, "One final question." she says clearing her throat from the various feathers and downy bits falling into her mouth, she pulls one out and shakes her head, "....Mmm, when it comes to progress, what we strive to seek, what we wish to embody. How far is one willing to go to seek their progress."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I have educated progress for the past numerous decades, permitting those under me to make great Sacrifices without hesitation."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Is this moreso a goal of seeking progress by adapting and changing and evolving more than sacrifice and hardship."

"When discussing Progression, you must keep in mind that.. at times, our own wants and urges sometimes go hand in hand with what we must do for the sake of the community. However, there must be a check set in place so that you do not simply do things out of a sense of pride rather than religious confidence." Orisae firmly responds, her words carefully spoken with articulated syllables. "When you speak of your own personal progress, there might be a measure of sacrifices made in the sense of having to go without or harden yourself. For example, I am not the most Wrathful of sorts but I know that, at some day, I will have to embrace that Tenet and grow from the experience rather than allow it to ravage my soul. However, outside of taking steps backwards, your own personal growth is entirely your own. Disregarding looking towards the arts of the Undead, Consanguine, and such. Do have at least the respect to not lose yourself entirely in your journey." She chuckles, reaching up to twirl a lock of her hair before tucking the silvered strands tightly behind the back of her ear.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "If anything being alive, I have learned self respect, and cast off the delusions of grandeur for a greater progress, and one I intend to earn, so I thank you for your answer."

Glancing up towards the birds above, you smile and say, "Again, I hope that it is helpful."

Haven Locke of the Black Sun says, "You'll both have to excuse me for a moment."

Aarbrok goes back to leaning against the edge of the gazebo and looks up at the birds as well, "Mmm, yes quite." she says, distractedly.

Orisae emits a softly vibrating cooing sound, each corner of her lips curling up into a content smile. "My time for a question, Aarbrok. "What do you look for in life right now?"

Aarbrok looks upon you with a sincere glance, "Acceptance of my changes, and a continued path of enlightenment." she says solemnly, "I repent daily for what I have done, and now I wish to move on from the past and build strength for the future. Her voice lowering into a rumbling growl she further admits, "Too many have spoke ill of the Heartwood, and I have found its people the most compassioned and willing of a second chance with a stern hand guiding their ever watchful glance. If I wish to embody wrath it will be to protect these people willing to take a wretched witch like me in and give her a second chance."

Thick strands of twinkling starlight drape Haven as she arrives from the out.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I will not plead for this, I will not even ask, I only hope that in time my perseverence and work pays off."

"I am a firm believer in giving second and third chances." The smile on Orisae's face spreads wider until her thin lips have all but disappeared. "Certainly, bad things and decisions and choices befall persons but that does not mean that they are entirely incapable or unworthy of redemption and fresh start." Her stare flickers over to Haven, sending a pointed look at the Azudim before a more gentle gaze resettles on Aarbrok.

Aarbrok nods in assurance, "THat is the truth, and to be quite frank anyone I have done wrong I give every right to strike me, but I will not go down as a limp device to take your rages out upon, I will stand up for my new life and my new chance at it."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Unless they grab me by the throat and drag me around when I am least expecting it."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "That was a bit different."

Thoughtfully twisting her lips to the side, you say to Aarbrok, "Yes, well. Some persons take a bit of time to get it through their heads that a person is no longer their enemy but.. than again, if I do recall, you both had a bit of history. That will, of course, take some time to work out. I do hope you have the easiest of times or, at the least, the best of results."

"Mmmm..." Aarbrok softly utters.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Life is what you make of it, not the fears you dwell upon."

A frown wrinkles Haven's brow as he glances dubiously at Aarbrok and articulates "Hrm...."

Clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth again, you say to Aarbrok, "And what fears and history you do have, at least carry as a lesson of what to not do. Grow past them, as it was."

Taking a deep breath, Aarbrok offers a warm smile to you, "I could definitely scribe a book or two on the 'what not to do's' of social acceptance." she says with a rather amused snort.

"Good gods, Sister. If you do, please allow myself a page to write my own horrific social undertakings." Orisae cheekily grins towards Aarbrok, looking mildly sheepish.

Aarbrok raises an eyebrow at you.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski asks, "A collaboration maybe?"

Chuckling, you say to Aarbrok, "Perhaps. It could be quite the amusing book. I would have to struggle to give it a serious tone rather than something more comical."

Aarbrok raises her hands as if to demonstrate a large sign over a theater, "Tar and Feathers, the social plight." The Orisae and Aarbrok story" she offers, chortling slightly and losing her composure.

Aarbrok raises her hands as if to demonstrate a large sign over a theater, "Tar and Feathers, the social plight." giggling ensuing, "The Orisae and Aarbrok story" she offers, chortling slightly and losing her composure.

Meskhenet ripples into existence before you.

Meskhenet is sitting on one of the benches, offering a somewhat sheepish smile to those in the room. "Couldn't resist popping in. Can I a page or two?"

"Absolutely horrific. We'd be turned red from all the produce thrown at us, Sister." Orisae snickers again before tilting her head to acknowledge the sudden arrival of Meskhenet. "I thought I saw someone watching in on our discussion. Figured it was Phoenecia but you are equally as welcome, Meskhenet." She welcomes the kelki.

You tell Haven Locke of the Black Sun, ".. have you been well, Haven?"

Haven tells you, "As... well as can be."

Aarbrok casts a glance unto Meskhenet, "Yes of course, you will have a chapter for yourself.." rubbing her chin thoughtfully she responds, "Kelki, or not Kelki, that is the question." clearly the only one amused at her poor wit.

You tell Haven Locke of the Black Sun, "I worry."

Meskhenet smiles softly. "Old habits are hard to break, I am afraid, but I am glad I am welcome." Glancing at Aarbrok, she breaks into a broad grin. "Think whether I am Kelki is not a dispute." She remains completely oblivious to the attempt at humor.

Haven tells you, "You needn't worry. I know how to take care of myself."

Haven tells you, "...but. The thought is appreciated."

Aarbrok waves her hand dismissively at the world, clearly demonstrating her boredom.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I did try."

Haven settles down onto one of the available benches as he keeps to his silence, opting instead to merely study those gathered.

You tell Haven Locke of the Black Sun, "I know that I should not but I do, regardless. You are.. very important to me. Very, very. Even when I want to punch you in the face, know that I do such out of frustration rather than a lack of affection."

Haven tells you, "Orisae.."

Haven's expression lightens considerably all of a sudden as he allows the faintest of smiles to surface and mar his usually grim features.

Orisae doesn't seem to get the joke, her response to it being a slow blink and furrowing of her brow as she looks from Meskhenet to Aarbrok and back again. Excusing herself from the conversation for the moment, the yeleni moves to stand up and join Haven where he sits just a short bit away. Firmly planting herself next to the ever brooding azudim, a small smile maintains its position upon her face. The chittering and sounds of wings flapping begins to slow as the heaviness of night overtakes the activity and forces the birds of the aviary into more nocturnal habits. If they could snore, they would.

Suddenly, you laughingly say, "Is this not so very cozy.? I feel like I should host more conversations within my aviary."

Aarbrok crosses her arms over her chest, "Mmm, yes it is comfortable. Not used to being in such a place." she says, in a rather curious tone, "Are these birds all yours, or do they come and go as you please?"

"The door opens and some leave and some stay. The piggy ones that dislike searching for their own food tend to stay while the others generally return. They have nests up above, most of them." Orisae nods towards Aarbrok. "The water fowl outside do similarly. However, I do like to pretend that they are all my pets." She admits.

Meskhenet settles onto the bench with a leg crossed over one another, arms resting on her bare knees. "Third time I have had conversation in here, and all of them led to good things. I can not say I dislike the place, even if birds seem odd creatures to me."

You grin mischievously at Meskhenet.

Aarbrok maintaining her stance against the posting snickers to herself, "A good place to find comfort and discussion, one cannot truly protest such a thing." she says looking around curiously, "..all it is missing is some liquor.

Aarbrok sips from a festive green stein with traces of a strong, dark ale.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Good thing I come prepared."

"Were they all stacked atop each other and sprawled all over the place..." Haven turns his eyes on you now as he adds, "I'd believe then they were truly belonging to the Harpy." His mouth splits further into a more defined smirk as he leans back against the bench.

Narrowing her eyes, you smile impishly and say to Haven, "My cleaning habits are perhaps ahm.. not the finest.. true."

Meskhenet glances at her pack resting on the ground beside her, nudging it with her foot. The distinct sound of bottles clanging against one another can be heard. "Always come prepared with that, but not quite in the mood at the moment."

Orisae holds her hands up, whistling out loudly towards the others. "Oh gods, no alcohol. I rarely but touch the stuff. Never had a good situation occur from consuming the stuff, truly. Much prefer tea, myself." Behind her, feathered appendages rustle up at Meskhenet's words before settling back down comfortable against Haven and her own spine.

Aarbrok swirls about her stein and shakes her head, "More for me then I suppose." she says with a wicked grin. "I cannot get the ...taste for tea, quite yet." she admits, "Just wet leaves really."

"Gods, you speak like one of the other Sentaari." Orisae nearly throws her arms up in the air.

Meskhenet smiles over at Aarbrok. "You and alcohol. You make the nastiest of messes you know. Have to end up tiptoing around whatever room you have been drinking in."

Aarbrok chuckles to herself looking over to Meskhenet, "Yes well the tolerance for the stuff is paramount, ever since those dwarves challenged me to a drinking race." she snorts as she reaches and pets a keg, "Now I get free ale for all time."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Hard to keep this damn thing concealed under my robes though."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I know the abbess is going to notice it one day."

Orisae wrinkles her nose in mild distaste. "She might think it is Brother Stathan's, Sister."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Or that of Brother Kamus, I am sure."

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Between the two of them."

"I might have to rest in a very short amount. I hope you will pardon my absence, yes?" Orisae coos out towards the seated gathering.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "I must attend to something as well, I do thank you for the invite."

Aarbrok pulls away from the wall and offers a smile to those present.

Pressing the open palm of her left hand against the clenched fist of her right, Aarbrok bows respectfully.

Oblate Aarbrok Sarraski says, "Voltda."
A sulfurous portal opens in the ground before Aarbrok and she quickly jumps into it before it snaps shut behind her.

Pressing the open palm of your left hand against the clenched fist of your right, you bow respectfully.

Meskhenet nods her head, rising up from the bench. "Thank you for the small talk."

You smile and say to Meskhenet, "Of course. Feel free to join me or ask me for a conversation at any time, Meskhenet."

The ghost of a smile passes fleetingly across the lips of Meskhenet.

Meskhenet leaves to the out.

After pressing a brief kiss onto his cheek, you say to Haven, "I must rest."

Haven stretches out a hand to caress your face as you plants a kiss to his cheek. The silver lining gradually fades at the close proximity and touch to reveal the cobalt beneath. "I await your return, Harpy." Is all that he utters, his tone laced with more than a fondness.

You grow still and begin to silently pray for preservation of your soul while you are out of the land.
[/spoiler]
KerrynStathanLinTeaniDevinMeskhenetHavenLiancaEmelleMoirean

Comments

• StathanStathan Hot springs
    All in all it was an interesting read. I rather enjoyed it.

Also I did something right! I think...
    OrisaeAarbrok
  • Ya boozer <3
    Aarbrok
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Stathan the Boozy Susie of the Sentaari.

To be honest I think most the monks fancy drinking, now to design fun Sentaari themed containers.

Thank you Orisae for consistantly being willing and excited to interact with others, it is making the transitioning to Duiran and the Guild alot of fun.  I am having a great time learning and becoming a bit more level headed with Aarbs.  
    OrisaeStathan
  • edited May 2013
    Awr, you're welcome, Aarb. This has all been pretty new to me, too. I've never roleplayed out the full religious route that Orisae's come to embrace before so this is as much a learning experience for me as it is for you all. I'm happy with all the nice feedback that I've been getting, though. :)

I'm just happy that everyone else seems to be enjoying themselves, too.
    Aarbrok
    I has a blast RPing with teh Ori. She's an awesome burrito rolled in awesomesauce and smothered with awesome cheese.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    That was a nice read, thank you for sharing! I loved the SETTING of it so much - the aviary is really quite a beautiful and evocative room, and there must be so much awesome RP potential with that. I totally want to steal the idea for Moi's house. >_>

It makes me kinda nostalgic to see someone else handling the congregants for Slyphe - and to hear that you guys are rewriting the tenets! D: - but it's also very interesting to see what Slyphe is like now that he's no longer neutral. From what I saw in this log, it's a very nice adjustment of the paradigm, with compassion and patience tempering the more wild and violent aspects that his neutral incarnation had. It seems a very fitting role and perhaps even offers a nice role to fill the gap Lleis' death has left?

Very lovely log!
    Orisae
  • edited June 2013
    Thanks, Moi :)

The tenets shouldn't be too crazy drastic of a change. Just, as you noted, something to make them more firmly 'not shadow'. Of course, Orisae's explanation is going to be more compassionate then someone who has a warlike outlook on like, so there's that to take into consideration. All in all, I'm feeling pretty confident about the path that we're all taking. I have neeeever seen the organization so full of booming activity.
    Moirean
    edited June 2013
    Yeah, It's great that a player has invested so much in a game and opened it up to the public for everyone to join no matter what side they are on nor do they ask for compensation for it. Thanks @Kerryn for making the Black Flagon Inn an awesome place!

Also, looking forward to the changes to the wording of the tenets. Somehow I seem to know what I'm talking about according to Ori but I are confused.
    OrisaeAngwe
  • I'll admit that I'm pretty proud of the aviary, by itself. It was the first room that I ever desc-ed, haha. So glad that it's still around since it used to be Ori's favorite place to hold conversations and she can keep doing that again.

Stathan