Personal log

AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
edited May 2013 in Idea Box
So!

I just had this idea and I sort of like it. What if we'd all get a personalized log sort of like the ones available to organizations (clans, cities, houses, guilds, etc).

As such:
readlog alexina 0 3
2013/05/22 16:15:11 - Credits: +110. Reason: Credit purchase.
2013/05/22 16:25:56 - Credits: -15. Reason: Credit transfer to Kerrithrim.
2013/05/22 17:30:12 - Received cityfavour from Ellenia for: Gathering ylem.
2013/05/22 21:05:09 - You have joined the 'The Crafting Guild of Sapience' clan.
2013/05/22 21:06:41 - Alexina > This clan is so strange.

Etcetera. Would have a lot of small things that're interesting to keep track of:
  • Credit/ironcoin changes
  • Joining/leaving clans/houses/guilds/orders/congregations
  • Receiving guild/city/house favours
  • Being promoted/demoted in orders
  • Receiving blessings/boons from Divine
  • Designs about to expire
  • Automated renewal fees
  • Bank balances changing (deposits, withdrawals, accruals, library fees, etcetera)
  • Personal writelog (only you can writelog/readlog your own log)
  • Consumables being used/expiring (four-leaf clovers, chocolates, grimstims, chalices, etc)
  • Levelling up/down
  • Player kills/deaths (thanks, @Moirean)
  • Possibly configuring what things you want to show via 'config personallog <levelling/bank/favours/blessings/etcetera> <on/off>'

Etcetera. I'm sure there're other useful things that could show. What do you all think? Is it unnecessary or would this actually be useful?

I think it would be super neat.

MoireanSetneMastemaXeniaEzalorTolemyPhendegwenOrisaeCatty

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited May 2013
    I'd love that. I miss stuff in spam or when I pop into news for an hour (because eff wasting pacts to go take a shower), and being able to review stuff easily would be such a timesaver.

Include kills/deaths in there maybe?
    AlexinaOrisae
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Exactly.

And not only that, but being able to go back over the last week to check what actually happened and when it happened would be so useful too! Also, I personally think that all logs should be extended way beyond six days (ideally a full Aetolian years or even a RL month). Logs are always the third thing I check after logging in (after newsposts and messages). Would also be very useful for people returning to the game to be able to check what happened in their organizations for some time back.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Yeah, letting logs last an IG year would be great, since lots of stuff tends to be doing on a yearly basis, like rewards for ylem payments. Having to keep track midway through the year is a headache, but updating/rewarding/whatever your org does for whatever periodic thing is simply too often if you do it each week.