What's this guild about?

2»

Comments

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited May 2013
    Menelaus said:
    P.S. I am friendly as all get out to REAL novices. I can spot them a mile away compared to alt-whores and trolls. It doesn't take much to spot the difference.
    Trolls are one thing. Alts -- whores or otherwise -- are entirely another. Your knowledge of whether someone is an alt is completely OOC, and should be treated that way. Just because someone is an alt does not mean they should be viewed or treated any differently than a "true" newbie (with the exception of a more advanced concept of syntax and common courtesy).
    NatasyaRivasAmaraCiarelleBenedictoTeaniPeriluna
  • Additionally, saying somebody is 'spouting insanity' because they seem to have some grasp on lore is completely inappropriate. From a roleplay perspective, when a character is created they've already been alive for 18 years- plenty of time to have learned any basic lore claims or recently-passed events.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
    LinEmellePeriluna
  • In defence of the Indorani - we aren't all Chakrasulian anymore. She basically told us to get out from under Her skirts and come up with our own tenets. When I became leader I tried to do my best to take us in a new direction.

Needed to keep the Despair part - sort of our namesake so it's pretty mandatory. Moving away from Corruption though was the big one, and embracing Chaos and demonology. Trying to lead the Guild down the path of studying Chaos, the Chaos plane and how we may come to harness its powers better.

Kudos to @Alexina btw for the idea about transcending our shells to become Chaos Lords - that'd be sorta sweet :D
    You murmur to Niuri, "By the way, I love the maid outfit."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Severn does like it on Me too, I have heard."
    Niuri, the Ultraist says, "Best keep it before anyone else sees it!"
    Niuri removes a maid outfit.
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    Yeah, Occultists (the guild that preceded the Indorani) in Achaea can do that. Back in the day, they lost Necromancy as a skillset and gained Occultism, which is all about Chaos magic.