Brand new Aetolian (me!)

Hey, everyone!  I have recently joined your vampiric party!

I've been playing Lusternia for a year and a half-ish, I used to play Achaea a lot about 5 years ago, and I thought I might as well poke around here for a change.  Sooo, any advice for a more or less complete true novice with a background in IRE?  I'm not a troll, I swear.

I made a Tsol'aa Sentinel in Duiran.  What's this place all about?

:D
For her soul gives me sigh for sigh,
And all day long
Shines, bright and strong,
Astarte within the sky,

While ever to her dear Eulalie upturns her matron eye-
While ever to her young Eulalie upturns her violet eye.
             -E. A. Poe, Eulalie

Comments

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Another Lusternian! Hello and welcome!

• IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Welcome to Aetolia! We've got fun and games. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    You wouldn't believe the kinky sex that goes on here.
    LinTzaAngwe
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Oh.  My.
    Ezalor said:
    You wouldn't believe the kinky sex that goes on here.
    Having played Lusternia for years and years... this is sooooo true.

This thread seems like its rapidly devolving into a /b/ worthy conversation. 
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Xiuhcoatl
  • I am honored!  ..I think..  Or something?
    And all day long
    Astarte within the sky,

-E. A. Poe, Eulalie
    We're just a crazy lot, is all. People here are are generally the very friendly and helpful sort. If you have any questions or concern, you can feel free to post them here on the forums, as we have many threads open for several different kinds of discussion. If none of them suits your fancy, you can create your own!

You can also feel free to ask questions/for help IG. I do hope you enjoy Aetolia!
    ArbreEzalorEmelleTza
  • EzalorEzalor Emperor D'baen Canada
    edited April 2013
    Haha, trolling aside, welcome! We like to RP a lot, we've got awesome active admins cranking out content and interacting with players, players are (generally) good at policing themselves for PK griefing. One big piece of advice is to go throw yourself at people to interact/RP with! I didn't do it at all for a long time, treating Aetolia as a single-player bashing game, and I grew bored pretty quickly after I hit level 100. It's much more fun when you start interacting and building RP.
    ArbreEmelleIllikaalLinTzaAngwe
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Welcome to Aetolia. I was Nienla in Lusternia. Nice to have you.
  • OH my GOOD GODS.

Credits currently available for purchase:
          19 credits at  4400 gold per credit.
          25 credits at  4500 gold per credit.
          20 credits at  4850 gold per credit.

What is this I don't even..  *cannot process*  Lusternia credits have been around 26k lately..
    And all day long
    Astarte within the sky,

-E. A. Poe, Eulalie
    Everytime I want to go back to Lusternia, the credit market prices shock me back here. And I'm a mid level arti whore over there too D:

• Good to have you with us, Eulalie. As has been mentioned Before, we love both rp and pk over here and people are generally very helpful. There is Always someone who can answer whatever question you might have, if not currently online, then ask on the forums and you will get an answer quickly.

Never be afraid to approach people for random rp, or for help with pk.  And welcome!

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Welcome to Aetolia! Always nice to see new players!
  • MaghakMaghak The heights of Stormcaller Crag
    Welcome! Try the veal!
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Don't try the veal.

Lin
    Unless Eleanor made it!
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Still wouldn't try the veal.

Also, yes. Lusternia is currently suffering from large and massive gold drops without much in the way of sinks. Their economy is all kinds of screwed.
  • It's not the drops, it was "that one producer that I'm not allowed to mention on any IRE forum by name" once again not being able to understand long-term impacts of things like unlimited wheel spins that generated millions upon millions of gold for everyone.

Hi new person. I played Lusternia for a while and nobody knew me there so I came here to be famous.
    Eulalie
  • I played Lusternia on and off for years. My most well-known character there was Tynghall. With that said, Aetolia has a great community and has several unique mechanics and classes, and things are getting more and more unique and interesting as time goes on.

Stick around, it's pretty bitchin'. And even the old, jaded players are pretty cool.
    LinTza