That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Hadrak said:

that...is an interesting sitting arrangement to play video games. I would probably only note maybe one non-dirty reason why anyone would be able to find that sitting arrangement comfortable..and I'm not seeing a pillow under her behind..
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Ishin
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    XCom 2 is out today. Woooo!

Been watching the occasional stream for a bit and it's looking great.

FeirenzAvishaiKelliara
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    I can't wait for The Division, tbh.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    IngramKelliara
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Jensen said:
    Played through the Telltales game of thrones season 1. Wow. I've never been pushed to the limit so drastically. Not to act on impulse, not to redeem pride or seek revenge, and to quell my ego all in favor of winning the war not the battle. I read a few negative comments about how a few outcomes don't change regardless of decisions, but I've settled on this: sometimes it doesn't matter what road you take, they all end up to a place you don't want to be. sooo good
    Season 1 angered me to say the least. ;-;
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I got a pretty rare ending I guess it said I played with UNWAVERING CONVICTION. Which I think is bad.

GameTrailers shut down today after thirteen years. Pretty upset to see it go, honestly, as it had a lot of influence on me picking up some pretty interesting games due to their great reviews and, oh yeah, the retrospective are amazing--especially Castlevania. RIP GameTrailers. I will miss you.

• Been watching gameplay footage of The Division last day or so.

I really love the look of The Dark Zone.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • been playing tons of Street Fighter V, anyone doing the same on steam and wanna play?

Xenia said:

been playing tons of Street Fighter V, anyone doing the same on steam and wanna play?

Alas, I'm terrible at SF (re: all fighting games) and haven't grabbed it yet. Very excited to watch it at EVO though.

Grabbed Devil Daggers today. $5 on Steam, arena demon killing game that is absolutely insane. Looove it.

• Xenia said:

been playing tons of Street Fighter V, anyone doing the same on steam and wanna play?

If I had a joystick or controller for my PC I'd be allllllllll over this. But alas, it's difficult af to do combo's with the arrow keys.
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

• Draiman said:

If I had a joystick or controller for my PC I'd be allllllllll over this. But alas, it's difficult af to do combo's with the arrow keys.

I have controllers and am looking into joysticks-- whatever the case if you come down in May we'll def have street fighter going.

• Anyone know any decent online MMORPGs?? I need something new to play.
    (Oasis): Benedicto says, "There was like 0.5 seconds between "Oh hey, they're in area. That was quick." and "OMFG THEY'RE IN THE AREA STAHP STAHP!""

• GuildWars 2 was actually pretty good, @Zsadist plus, the core game is out for free now, they only charge for the expansion pack that's out right now, and I suspect as soon as the newest one is out for pre-order, they might let that one out for free as well.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • Blade and Soul was....ok as far as PVE went it felt pretty lame af. But doing the combo's and crap I felt like a fking real ninja doing real ninja things and killing people the way ninja's would. PvP is suppose to be the pinnacle of MMO pvp though. Idk I quit playing it.

• Double post because edits are for wimps.

@Xenia Oh you know we're going to play some Street Fighter.

Xenia
  • AvishaiAvishai Portland, Oregon

TAKE MY MONEY
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I love bloodborne, darksouls, and demonsouls and I want them to keep doing what they are doing.

With that said, instead of having 3 almost identical titles, I'd love to see a slightly friendlier version ( with towns, character interaction, and questing. Love the combat both pvp and pve, love the difficulty, love how death is handled and the lack of save/reload antics, no pausing; I really enjoy it's not a game about continuously popping health potions and just attrition beating opponents like elderscrolls and I'd like to see it carried over into a different type of universe.
    Kelliara said:

Been watching gameplay footage of The Division last day or so.

I really love the look of The Dark Zone.

I played the shit out of both betas. If you get it on xbone lemme know, we'll hook up and play sometime. Me and the boys went on an hour and a half manhunt the other day. We probably manhunted like 7-8 times. It was amazing.

..profitable too.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Is anyone else in the Overwatch beta or am I still alone in my glory

Anyone know any good MMOs with really good PvP?
    havenbanner2
    Guild Wars 2 has fun PvP....it is usually what I play when I want to do the MMO thing and fite.
    Might check it out if you haven't already @Haven
    Avishai said:

Guild Wars 2 has fun PvP....it is usually what I play when I want to do the MMO thing and fite.
    Might check it out if you haven't already @Haven

I have it but never fully installed it. xD I have the expansion rose thorn thingy. Do they have open PK servers? I like games like that where I can quest/grind/whatever but can encounter PK any time at the drop of the hat. I find them to be challenging.
    havenbanner2
    There are areas that are specific PvP in the world vs world area, but storyline wise and storyline quests are all done in pve areas....I only do pvp, and you can level and gear purely in pvp areas, taking over choke points and positions as well as doing quests and events which are solely pvp based, I dont think i have actually done -any- storyline nor played since before the expansion just because im not a huge fan of the xpac
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    IDK if it's quite the same though, WvWvW isn't like, WoW open PK servers where ppl can just PK you ANYWHERE. It's its own map.

True....it is its own map, but its a huge map.
    Haven said:

All the great PvP MMOs are pretty much dead. GW2 isn't bad, but it's definitely not Dark Age of Camelot.

Hadrak said:

Haven said:

All the great PvP MMOs are pretty much dead. GW2 isn't bad, but it's definitely not Dark Age of Camelot.
    Yeah... It's depressing seeing it all pretty much go away. :-/ I look at my PS4 and kinda meh at it despite having great games that I need to finish. I need a good PK fix! I'll check out GW2 if these updates ever end.
    havenbanner2
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I love the institute and its coursers. I'm level 54 and just finally getting to this part...
    yo why did no one tell me that Rashid's theme in SFV is ABSOLUTELY FREAKING AMAZING

RASHIDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And it goes with everything like Guile's theme.

Avishai
    6 MORE DAYS UNTIL THE DIVISION!
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin