That Other Video Game Thread

Comments

• I was just about to come in and post the Dishonored 2 trailer I saw just for you @Hadrak but of course you saw it already.

Ffff I think I'm gonna need to buy a next-gen console.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro

SarkisAlastair
    edited June 2015

I never thought I would see Shenmue again. I legit stood up and yelled VERY LOUDLY at my computer. I did this to The Last Guardian too, but. DAMN. DAAAAAMN I am so happy for both of those games.

IshinFerrik
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Hadrak said:

I never thought I would see Shenmue again. I legit stood up and yelled VERY LOUDLY at my computer. I did this to The Last Guardian too, but. DAMN. DAAAAAMN I am so happy for both of those games.

Shenmue so gud.
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Also, that Horizon and FF7 remake look amazing. I may have to buy a PS4 as well. :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • TRICO!! Yes. Oh yes. I am going to need a moment.
    -AND- Shenmue?! Are you kidding me.
    Hadrak is even making my day outside of Aetolia now? What is happening.

Ferrik said:

Hadrak is even making my day outside of Aetolia now? What is happening.

I did nothing, @Ferrik! I just bring the news and videos!

Also, I am very excited/interested in Mother Russia Bleeds and Eitr. NSFW due to violence/nudity on Mother Russia Bleeds.

Ferrik

Oh yes, and No Man's Sky!

It's so good looking.

Ferrik
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I picked up the wolf among us on steam sale. I loved every minute of it. The story is gritty and amazing, you can play as good or as bad as you choose. Very well done
    Jensen said:

I picked up the wolf among us on steam sale. I loved every minute of it. The story is gritty and amazing, you can play as good or as bad as you choose. Very well done

A++ game from Telltale.

@Hadrak Are any of their other games worth it? I don't watch GoT or the walking dead, but they did so well with Wolf that I really want to pick up another title.
    Telltales has been pretty good with all of their games so far. I would probably hold off on getting anything that's not complete as of now (i.e. Game of Thrones--which is also buggy as hell). The Walking Dead Season One was great, but I haven't been able to get to Season Two yet so I can't give too much commentary there beyond that S1 was very, very good. I've heard really good things about Tales from the Borderlands as well, but once again, it's not complete.

They struck gold with The Wolf Among Us. It really stood out from the other games for me.

I really fell in love with that universe, I would love to see more in it.
  • Agree that Walking Dead S1 was fantastic. I've never watched more than the first episode of the show, but I absolutely loved the game. They've certainly got an awesome knack for telling stories.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.

Everyday I dream a little more of how intensely painful Chalice Dungeons are

And I love it.

Just picked up Ori in the Blind Forest. Beautiful game, and challenging already.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Jensen

Suffering simulator? Check. Frustration simulator? Also check.

• Just got a PS4, the Arkham Knight edition, soo pretty... Debating on the year membership to sony still.

I will never not love this game.

edited August 2015
    @Hadrak - Dope. As. Unicorns.

Anyone played the new version on Xbone? Is that even out yet? I think it is, yeah?

Edit: Derp it isn't out yet. 8/25 too long. Can't wait to play with those enhanced graphics though :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin

MMMM. YEAH. I'm very stoked for this.

Xenia

If any of you are playing Helldivers, give me a yell and we can swap PSN names. It's a crossbuy for PS3/PS4 and Vita.

• http://www.mane6.com/2015/08/the-big-one/

They got their act together.

I mean, you know, an amount.

NOPE. Can't handle this. Deep underwater? Yep. Scary as all hell? Also yep.

Oh yesssss. I needed Battlefleet Gothic in my life.

Ishin

Just stick all of this directly into my veins, TGS.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    IDK how many of you play Sunless Sea, but @Valingar's after me so I just want to tell the world that Enorian is actually the DAWN MACHINE and you shouldn't trust them.

Obyn
  • Serrice said:

IDK how many of you play Sunless Sea, but @Valingar's after me so I just want to tell the world that Enorian is actually the DAWN MACHINE and you shouldn't trust them.

UN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE SUN. THE S