Crafting Ideas

Comments

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited July 2014
    Any chance we could get 'ribbons' added to the hairribbon aliases?

And 'decanter' to pitcher?

AarbrokErzsebet
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    edited July 2014
    Bottle as an alt to pitcher? Know we have it already as its own, but like, the difference between like, beer-type bottles and wine bottles are fairly notable as far as how much booze it holds, goes.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Any chance to add device to jewelcrafting, either as an alias to something else, like the trinket or something separate altogether?

Sometimes you just want to make a small metal thingamajig and transforming it into a bracelet or stuffing it in a case just doesn't seem right...

plushie as an alt to doll?
    imageimage
    I don't like 'plushie' as a term, too modern poppy. :(
    OmeiTeaniPeriluna
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Erzsebet said:

plushie as an alt to doll?

Areka said:

I don't like 'plushie' as a term, too modern poppy. :(

Could do 'a plush doll' or something like that as a compromise.

doll7331 - "an Ishin plush doll"
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    too many characters :<
    imageimage
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Can we get brewing for craft shelves? It's wonky that it's the only tradeskill that won't work.
    edited August 2014
    Forging doesn't work. Brewing has kegs though.

Edit: Though a forging thingy would be awesome, load up designs, list them, customized forged pieces then and there, have the log show it IE

2014/07/19 20:10:35 - Trager customized a scimitar with design 52355 for 300 gold
    And be able to set the prices so that they vary based on comms used

EDIT:

BUY CUSTOMIZATION (design) FOR (item)

Taking your (itemshort) as reference, a shop hand steps into the stockroom and emerges with (design) in equal grade.
    IaneaErzsebet
    edited August 2014
    Imperian has that, design templates you can apply to basic forged items. That would be a fabulous thing to steal.

Kegs are not really the same as crafting shelves, since it's insanely expensive to stock a range of designs.
    Ishin
    Yeah, they're really expensive for that, and sadly is what would probably happen for forging things (which is a bummer since I've 248 forging designs and counting).
    With the advent of the Directories, is there any way to have at least some tradeskills show up by DIRECTORY (trade)? In particular like, cooking - you're more likely to DIRECTORY SHIRT to see all of the shirts, but with just food to fill you up, less likely to have a consistent search-target. DIRECTORY FOOD for all cooking things, or DIRECTORY CLOTHING for tailoring, or the tradeskill name, would be really helpful.
    MoireanTeaniErzsebet
    Maybe other stuff too, like just directory plant/cure/buff, etc. DIRECTORY CHOCOLATE is not fun to sort through.
    Being able to use underscore to specify would help. chocolate_promo, flame_sigil, etc.
    MoireanTeani
    edited August 2014
    sabre as an alternate for scimitar
    mosaic as an alternate for painting
    partition as an alternate for screen

And maybe the ability to retroactively change identities? I have way too many designs to just re-submit everything. >.>
    imageimage
    IaneaMoireanAreka
    'vambrace' as an alternative to bracer/wristguard? (can be made from leather too!)
    cuff as an alternative to bracers also? Or as one to bracelet? Either way.
    imageimage
  • holy spear as an alternative to holy mace?
    SlypheAarbrokAshmer
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life
    Rashar said:

holy spear as an alternative to holy mace?

Seriously, please this.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Rashar
    Is there any way to allow us to comment on designs after they've been approved? I have a bunch that I'd love to leave notes on, that don't really need to be in front of the queue/rejection process (like food pairings, notes on occasions, references etc), and are too verbose for tags.
    ErzsebetIanea
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    Could we get more wear locations added to things like brooches, pins, and badges? Right now it seems like a lot of them are only onshirt, but there is a sizable population who might like to wear them on other kinds of clothes, like ondress, ongown, onblouse, oncloak, or maybe even onhat.
    Areka
    edited September 2014
    Don't know if it is possible, but it would be really nice if you could set different privs for guild designs within guilds, IE, at gr5 you have access to ones with Y tags, and at gr10 have access to P tags (could be specific tags for the code maybe).

Edit: Oh, oh, and if 'leatherarmour' could be added as something you can reference such armour for to forge with - by this I mean: forge reinforced leatherarmour to work. Right now it doesn't, but you can currently TEMPER leatherarmour.
    Kerryn
    I know it's been brought up before, but would inlining tempering be possible? It would be nice to be able to save or program combinations with a keyword (rather than aliases and triggers/bal/timers/w/e .

TTEMP COMBO REINARM BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT BLUNT
    TTEMP COMBO SPEEDHAM SPEED SPEED SPEED DAMAGE GENERAL

TEMPER BUCKLER REINARM
    TEMPER WARHAMMER SPEEDHAM

etc.
    Ianea
    IT WOULD BE REALLY COOL IF CRAFTING GNOME COULD ALSO MAKE POPPERS.

MASSPRODUCE (TAG) IN POPPER

instead of a package

a festive, celebratory popper

Long tube covered in colourful paper and twisted at the ends, a celebratory popper is here.

Comprised of a long tube encased in festively decorated paper, this popper is twisted securely shut at the ends and terminates in crinkled fan-shaped tails that seem ideal for pulling on.

PULL POPPER

Gripping the ends with both hands, you yank a celebratory popper open. With a puff of smoke and sparkle, it bursts open and gifts you with its contents.

Gripping the ends with both hands, $(name$) yanks a celebratory popper open. With a puff of smoke and sparkle, it bursts open and gifts $(him$) with its contents.

PULL POPPER WITH (person)

You offer one end of a celebratory popper to $(name$).

Adjusting your grip, you and $(name$) each give the popper a decisive pull until it bursts open with a puff of smoke and sparkle, gifting (diceroll person?) with its contents.

ErzsebetReuxPeriluna
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited December 2014
    IDEA 1692

Music boxes should come with the option to customize an emote with it where you use a CRANK command to wind up the box and make it play. Sort of like how you taste something edible getting a separate line in Cooking. It should also be possible to add an atmosphere message, like you get for candles.

KendriIshinKerrynErzsebet
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    That kind of thing is probably not going to happen because extra fancy messages like that have been an event treat before.

• Would love to have embroidery a skill for tailors and engrave for jewellers. Maybe once you hit mythical you can access it so you can write a small message or name that will be appended to the end of the description of an item.
    Would allow for a small measure of personalisation for an item.

Politics
    edited December 2014
    This exists through the Engraving Quill artifact. (artie power is engraving, can get direct onto an object from Qeddwyn I think)

Edit: Note: It costs sovereigns-by-character, and you can engrave in different colors.
  • But no embroidery artifact? In that case I wish to have one!

Politics
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    there used to be one, but it was merged into the engraving quill.