Racial emotes

After our recent implementation of some Arborean-specific emotes, I've noted that we have very few racial emotes. Being the magnanimous purple Celani that I am, I've decided to try to flesh that category out a bit. So, please bombard this thread with your ideas for race-specific emotes. I make zero guarantees that they will all be used, but we will definitely look through them and strongly consider adding in some good ones!
She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
NipsyJhuraValorieAlelaMaeveCallidora

Comments

• NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Gnomes:
    moustachetwirl - Plotting something, $(name$) idly twirls their moustache between their fingers mischievously.
    gnomevictory - With a little twirl in celebration, the diminutive form of $(name$) puts up the victory sign.
    gnomexcite - With the shrill intonation of absolute Gnomish excitement, $(name$) squeals aloud with unabashed emotion.

Minotaur:
    hoofstomp - Stomping the ground with a thunderous clop of their hoof, $(name$) readies themselves for action.
    minosnort - Releasing a deep snort from their snout, $(name$) appears to not be impressed.
    moo - A low resonant note rises from $(name$) in a drawn out, "Mooooooo."

Kobold:
    fidgetbold - Bearing inability to keep still, $(name$) fidgets with the agitation of a Kobold needing something to do.
    squeak - Emitting a high-pitched chittering squeak, the Kobold $(name$), disrupts the silence around them.
    notakecandle - Some variety of instinctual ancestry overtakes $(name$) as they get oddly possessive over candles and make that known to everyone.

Djeirani:
    djeribow - Reminiscent of Djeri nobility, the grace and fluidity of $(name$) is made manifest in a most regal bow.
    djeirweave - A silvered glow of woven light emanates from the fingertips of $(name$) trailing in the air amidst their gesticulations.

Arqeshi/Nazetu:
    slimeslough - Exuding a pungent slime, what appears first as beads of sweat congeals and sloughs off of their form in turgid globules.

I don't know, its almost 5 AM and I cannot sleep....it's a start.
    JhuraValorieAlela
  • horkval need more probably
    (Web): Abhorash has joined your web.
    (Web): Abhorash says, "Nerds."
    (Web): Abhorash has left your web.

Alela's Affirmations
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I have literally no ideas for human emotes (nor do I even think we really need any) but if we do get any, can they please not be silly jokes
    IazamatTeramasce
  • NipsyNipsy Setting fire to Aeryx's mine
    Human:
    Very much plain and human, they are standing here doing human things, mostly humanely.
  • ZeheiaZeheia Immortal
    Lin said:

I have literally no ideas for human emotes (nor do I even think we really need any) but if we do get any, can they please not be silly jokes

Calling average average was probably the worst joke on them so far.
    She/her but also responds to they/them thanks to chilling as Somebody or other.

If in doubt, please refer to the Forum Rules! If in more doubt, please reach out to a moderator.

Act as you would wish to be treated.

"It costs you nothing to assume that we are acting in good faith."
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Some kind of silent prayer/hand gesture for the Mhun. I'll edit my post if I think of any good verbiage, but I'm a bit braindead currently.
    NipsyZeheia
  • Here's one for all (insert small number) of the people who play Grook:

Goruk
    You will see: Hearkening back to a simpler time, you close your eyes and fill your throat with air. The sonorous call of your progenitors fills your lungs as you sing the ancient song, "Gorik rik Goruuuuk!" Delighting for but a moment in it's joyful simplicity.

Others will see: Bruin closes his eyes, filling his throat with air. What comes out is pure nonsense. "Grook Grook!" He calls, content in his nonsense song.

--------------------| Using 'Goruk' with Dhar as target |---------------------
    You will see: Hearkening back to a simpler time, you close your eyes and fill your throat with air. You serenade Dhar with the sonorous call of your progenitors, as you sing the the ancient song, "Gorik rik Goruuuuk!" Delighting for but a moment in it's joyful simplicity.
    Dhar will see: Bruin turns to face you closing his eyes as his throat fills with air. "Grook, Grook!" He sings a nonsense song to you, contentedly.
    Others will see: Bruin turns to face Dhar as he closes his eyes and his throat fills with air. "Grook, Grook!" He sings a nonsense song to him contentedly.
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    NipsyAxiusZeheia
  • For Atavians:

featherfluff: $(name$)'s feathers reflexively fluff up before settling back into place.
    wingstretch: $(name$)'s wings spread wide in a relaxing stretch.

For Humans:

groom: Doing a quick self-inspection, $(name$) tidies themself of stray lint and hairs, flicking away the offending article.
    -can also be targeted to others: humans are a very social species, and social grooming for bugs is a highly primate behavior.

fiddle: $(name$) fidgets idly with (wielded item, if none then random non-hidden attired item).
    -humans are curious tool-users and regularly seeking stimulation, and I think this is a good representation of how our species regularly interacts with items we have in hand or are in contact with instead of idly grasping objects.

PFP Credit: PirateCashoo
    Zeheia