Short Questions

1151152153154155157»

Comments

• SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 700 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any factors (str stat, etc.) besides fishing skill, pole type, and things like the fishing hat that affect things connected to fishing? I've been trying to get bigger fish with the master pole, and after around 50 tries with different combinations of leading (no lead, lead when the fish is at 0%, 50%, etc.) I haven't been able to catch anything. I don't really know if I'm missing something somewhere, or if something else is impacting it entirely.
  • AxiusAxius where I amMember Posts: 184 ✭✭✭
    @sarita as a regular fisher? I catch on average about 2 out of every 5 fish I reel in. I also start off leading, because leading after you've reeled for any amount just means you wasted your time. You lose your gained distance from reeling in attempting to exhaust it, and you don't reduce the tension at all. I use the gulleye rod (for lack of having credits to throw at buying the arti rod.. I'd probably say that I'm leery of it anyways, and would at most buy the bucket). My strength is not my focus, so I'd be surprised if it exceeded 15. I'd indicate that yes, the hat has an effect. It's just not noticeable below catching hundreds of fish at a time. I -wanna- say that the average visitation of the fishing hole also would indicate a difference, but I don't have proof, since I only fish in one ocean fishing spot, and I only know maybe three other people who fish there, compared to most of the other spots that are fished out regularly.

The key point really is to have patience, and acknowledge that you're going to ultimately lose more fish than you catch. I can catch above 10k gold worth of fish at my preferred spot after fishing there for maybe an hour and catching somewhere in the range of 50 fish.

It also helps that you are aware the effects of WEATHER on your person as well. There are ways around it, there are also ways around dealing with tenuously annoying wildlife. I'm not gonna share those details publicly though, because I'm kind of an arsehole who likes his toys, and likes not having to struggle against others for his fishing spots.
  • TozToz Member Posts: 2,238 ✭✭✭✭✭
    AFAIK the heavier the fish the harder it is to hook it (arti pole hooks heavier fish), and the harder it is to catch it, and the more gold it pays. I think that the intersection of difficulty and price occurs somewhere around the ilmenite rod, though I don't have any numbers to back that up.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous
    ---------------------------

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of unicorns awfulness Toz
    Didi