Short Questions

1149150151152153155»

Comments

• TozToz Posts: 2,164Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Psst. Just change them to be a physical location that you go to, leaving a tether behind. Then you can WREST the TETHER and life makes sense again. :(
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

Erzsebet
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Posts: 1,835Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    (Ie how it is now)

• TozToz Posts: 2,164Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aishia said:

(Ie how it is now)

Except right now it's some weird 'your body doesn't leave you do' thing, so far as I'm aware? Did I miss a change?
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

Nah I was referring to how it works mechanically fitting the description.

• HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolPosts: 2,229Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all for personally deleting havens and never seeing them return. But alas! I understand how players might be too attached to them at this point. If you were to remove havens, not sure what'd be comparable to a free house. Maybe consider lowering prices for actual houses?

¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    TeaniAishiaAxiusKalak
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,860Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd prefer if they were nuked. <.<

AishiaErzsebetLin
  • AxiusAxius where I amPosts: 170Member ✭✭✭
    I'd prefer if they were -kept-, honestly. I like being able to enter my haven within my locked office in the game when I need a few seconds to run off and do something but it's not gonna be longer than fifteen minutes.
  • VyxsisVyxsis VyxsisPosts: 106Member ✭✭✭
    Haven said:

I'm all for personally deleting havens and never seeing them return. But alas! I understand how players might be too attached to them at this point. If you were to remove havens, not sure what'd be comparable to a free house. Maybe consider lowering prices for actual houses?

three things

1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to
    2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented
    3) havens are good. delete haven.

thanks for reading
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    You ease yourself out of the Tiger stance.
    You sink back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.
    Jaymi sinks into the wholly unintimidating stance of the Jaymi.
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    (Research): Cariv says, "Itsa me, Buggio."
    HavenLin
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Posts: 1,104Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having a haven is a big part of the reason I've dragged 20 out of 22 alts to endgame.

I'm with Toz. They don't need to be nuked, just make it a tether instead of a shell and nix the 'it's headspace' nonsense that makes no sense and go back to the 'you're on another plane' logic, with a tether to the prime material plane that can be used to jerk your unicorns down again.
    imageimage
    Axius
  • KalakKalak Posts: 153Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 28
    There is no reason to change the lore behind the Havens. It can be rather amusing to RP them as a mental space after all...sure it sucks for those who RP physical stuff but then how you can justify house prices being that high? You cannot.

The paragon approach would be to allow both styles to be chosen, attempting to make everyone happy (tether or mental space)

The neutral approach would be to let things remain as it is.

The renegade approach would be to delete all Havens and making houses far less pricey to acquire.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Posts: 2,002Member, Guildmaster mod
    They've already lowered the price of houses once - the first room costs the same, but the price of stone vs the cost in credits is quite a bit lower for additional rooms.

As much as I love my haven, I wouldn't complain too terribly badly if it were deleted.
    ZailaTeani
  • RhyotRhyot BloodlochPosts: 184Member ✭✭✭
    I'm on the side of deleting havens. Sure, I like my haven because I have end/wp/mana/hp regen with training room and a plethora of other bonuses that it's essentially a super room. But it's by far unnecessary. If you truly wanted a place to stay to afk/privately rp/talk/etc, you can always utilize your Development Minister and obtain an apartment within the city. Or buy a house deed and get a house, or sit in a guildhall or whatever and do your thing.

In my opinion, havens merely offer another safety net for people who want safety nets. I don't think we need more safety nets, I think we need less.

SessizlikHavenTeani
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolPosts: 2,229Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vyxsis said:

three things 1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to 2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented 3) havens are good. delete haven. thanks for reading
    @Vyxsis I cannot tell if you're joking or not.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Vyxsis
  • VyxsisVyxsis VyxsisPosts: 106Member ✭✭✭
    Haven said:

Vyxsis said:

Haven said:

three things

1) seems easy to call for deleting havens as somebody who chronically afks in an area literally no one without lumi can get to
    2) at least in achaea, it's feasible to buy a house with gold thanks to the subdivision map system. i wouldn't mind that - actually, i'd like that, but i'm a little reticent to delete havens before seeing it implemented
    3) havens are good. delete haven.

thanks for reading
    @Vyxsis I cannot tell if you're joking or not.

(that's usually the goal)

>:3c
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    You ease yourself out of the Tiger stance.
    You sink back into the menacing stance of the Scorpion.
    Jaymi sinks into the wholly unintimidating stance of the Jaymi.
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    (Research): Cariv says, "Itsa me, Buggio."
  • KasimirKasimir Clearwater, FLPosts: 23Member ✭✭
    http://oldforums.aetolia.com/

This doesn't seem to work anymore. There another way to access?