Short Questions

Comments

• LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    You could literally just use your MUD client to gag the lines and it wouldn't impact you in the least. Unless your name happens to be Runas, the sludge isn't even doing anything.
    RunasSeir
  • ErzsebetErzsebet Altaholic
    Is anyone else having an issue where the 'select help' command doesn't work? Is only not working on this one char. Chose on a char yesterday, and another after finding out this one doesn't work. Bugged it and all, just curious if this is a known thing.
    imageimage
  • Not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but what exactly does 'Penetration' stat in a sword affect?
  • Unless it's been changed in recent times, Penetration should help reduce the armor of the enemy in regards to your hits. (Not total audit, just the armor part of audit). Also affects bladefury charge gain for Templar and possibly soul drain for Carnifex, though the latter part may have changed with its many revamps and changes.
    Dato
  • It's a thrash stat, though, never worth it over the other two.
    edited April 2017
    I have like a hundred or so designs that use bone slices, because corsets. Do I have to resubmit them all with something else instead, or?

ETA: Uck. Furniture, too.
    imageimage
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    You can still get bone slices by asking an Apothecary to get that for you, I think. Just like you can ask a Herbalist to harvest old plants if you need them. 

• AxiusAxius where I am
    not yet, sadly. I tried collecting bone for someone recently, couldn't do it. I have it bugged.
  • How exactly does the madness mechanic work? It mentions you lose madness for killing mobs, but is it at an extremely low rate? I seem to accumulate madness much faster as I bash vs if I'm not bashing, which makes it seem like the inverse is actually happening here.
    You gain madness when you crit now, iirc.
    imageimage
  • I'm curious. Has anyone made changes to their system for the new curing? I know I can use the config thing so it looks like everyone is curing a certain way but I want to convert my system. Just wondering how hard it might be, how many new messages there are, and how many others are doing it the new way. If someone has all the new messages that would be of great help too.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
    edited April 2017
    Koda said:

How exactly does the madness mechanic work? It mentions you lose madness for killing mobs, but is it at an extremely low rate? I seem to accumulate madness much faster as I bash vs if I'm not bashing, which makes it seem like the inverse is actually happening here.

You gain madness upon attacking mobs. You can eat their corpses to lose 5 points at a time.
    Koda
  • So ages ago I saw a firework maker from Hadoryu - does anybody still have that saved, or have access to that by chance?

Tagging @Hadoryu in case he still somehow manages to check this. That would make designing fireworks so so much easier. It would be super cool if something like that was hosted on the site itself.
    Zaila
  • edited April 2017
    Is there currently an issue with mobs giving broken limbs in that every single time it's hidden delivery? Been bashing like a fiend lately, and I keep running into this with every mob that gives a broken limb. Using firstaid by the way.

See here for just one example:

A blue crab snaps down on your leg and holds tight, crushing through bone and flesh as it drags you
    to the ground.
    Health Lost: 3523, cutting, none
    Health Gain: 880
    The energy of your aura reaches a limit and sparks, gifting you with health.
    H:2159 (40%) M:2070 (48%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [db e-]
    Mana Lost: 1600
    You exert your superior mental control and clot your wounds twenty times.
    Your tree tattoo tingles slightly.
    H:2159 (40%) M:470 (11%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [db e-]
    You touch the tree of life tattoo.
    The bones in your left leg mend.
    You have cured left_leg_broken.
    H:2159 (40%) M:470 (11%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [db e-]

No affliction line for the broken limb, and it's using tree to cure it every single time.

If I diagnose after these pile up and I notice my combos have stopped:

You are:
    afflicted with left_leg_broken.
    afflicted with right_leg_broken.
    sprawled on the ground.
    Equilibrium Used: 0.75 seconds
    H:3809 (71%) M:2070 (48%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [pdb -b]
    You press a mending poultice against your left leg, rubbing it into your flesh.
    The bones in your left leg mend.
    You have cured left_leg_broken.
    H:3809 (71%) M:2070 (48%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [pdb -b]
    <---------------------------->
    E Q U I L I B R I U M
    H:3809 (71%) M:2070 (48%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [pdb eb]
    You must stand up before you can do that.
    You must stand up before you can do that.
    You are again able to absorb a poultice.
    You press a mending poultice against your right leg, rubbing it into your flesh.
    The bones in your right leg mend.
    You have cured right_leg_broken.
    Making a call to your own, you kip yourself up and sink back into the Scorpion stance.
    H:3809 (71%) M:2070 (48%) E:87% W:99% Madness:14 [db eb]

...It cures properly with mending as it should.

This has been my experience with every mob that breaks limbs that I can remember recently.

Is something goofing up here, or have I somehow just been exclusively bashing things that give hidden limb damage, but open every other affliction?

EDIT: Here it is happening with another mob in the Forgotten dome:

H:5400 (100%) M:3885 (90%) E:97% W:100% Madness:0 [db e-]
    A mutated kelki ravager slams his tentacle into your body with tremendous force, eliciting a
    resounding crunch of broken bone and covering you with a disgusting layer of slime.
    Health Lost: 1364, blunt, none
    Health Gain: 341
    The energy of your aura reaches a limit and sparks, gifting you with health.
    You are afflicted with slickness.
    H:4377 (81%) M:3885 (90%) E:97% W:100% Madness:0 [db e-]
    Mana Lost: 160
    You exert your superior mental control and clot your wounds two times.
    H:4377 (81%) M:3725 (86%) E:97% W:100% Madness:0 [db e-]
    You have recovered balance on your legs.
    B A L A N C E
    You have recovered balance on your right arm.
    You light your supply of pipes, igniting the herbs within.
    You take a long drag off your pipe filled with yarrow.
    Your glands cease their oily secretion.
    You have cured slickness.
    You may drink another health or mana elixir.
    H:4377 (81%) M:3725 (86%) E:97% W:100% Madness:0 [db eb]
    Both of your legs must be free and unhindered to do that.
    You have discovered right_leg_broken.

It isn't until I get that message of needing unhindered legs that it picks up that the leg's broke, but the slickness it gives isn't hidden. Why would slickness not be hidden, but limb break is?
    LinTeani
    I've been running into that a lot. It's seriously a pain in the ass, especially bashing as a monk.
    KodaXavin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    And as a Shapeshifter. It's really frustrating.

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Happened whenever I was Entity farming the last month, I thought it was just the entities giving silent limb breaks/limb break due to limb damage being silent.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• Weep, that's what I get for my 2 classes being Zealot and Shapeshifter.

Now that I know it's not just me, maybe we can page the @Razmael and @Keroc squad to help investigate?
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    edited April 2017
    How much longer is Moghedu gonna have it's doors closed to adventurers? It's commshop is one of the only -three- to sell a material that I need >.>

@Keroc any updates on this timeline? Or is this due to some planned future event, or maybe just upgrading and updooting Moghedu? Or is it because everyone up there might've forgotten Moghedu, along with the other two areas that are also still closed off to the public because of the Bloom and the Sludge (both of which have been cleared for 2 IRL weeks now, if my internal chronometer isn't too dinged up to be able to estimate the time right)
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Koda said:

Weep, that's what I get for my 2 classes being Zealot and Shapeshifter.

Now that I know it's not just me, maybe we can page the @Razmael and @Keroc squad to help investigate?

Limb breaks are hidden if they target a random limb in some manner. Similar to how Shrivel works when you simply target ARMS or LEGS.
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    Keroc said:

Koda said:

Weep, that's what I get for my 2 classes being Zealot and Shapeshifter.

Limb breaks are hidden if they target a random limb in some manner. Similar to how Shrivel works when you simply target ARMS or LEGS.
    Is there any particular reasoning behind that? I mean from a roleplay and mechanical standpoint it just doesn't make sense. If you touch my arm and it withers away, I'm gonna know which arm it is. I can understand something like mind blank screwing with your perception of what limb is being hit, but otherwise that just seems silly.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    Koda
  • That seems to just add an unnecessary level of complexity/annoying to bashing when it appears to be the case with the majority of mobs out there :/
    TeaniXavin
  • I only found those mobs to be annoying until I coded in those messages to mean limb breaks and to cure a random limb. Its a pain and you really have to pay attention to notice which message does it. But it can be done. First aid makes it harder though. Aside from shutting down the mending part while bashing and making your own mending script your pretty much unicorned into dealing with it.
    'Those that do not attempt are those with the least stories to tell.'
    It's not that bad. I think the FIRSTAID PREDICT feature can handle it, but yeah, you have to trigger it.
  • Does anyone know what skills in Ab Animation which a Golem can use proc EARTHENWILL (ab earthenwill)?

As I've had a few of the skills fire but yet earthenwill hasn't 'proc' and I'm confused as it used to proc often

Any help on this will be greatfully helpful.

MayhemHunting - Discord Chat - CLANHELP MAY (ingame)

• The imprints are what earthenwill procs, so things like wrench, shout, grapple that kind of stuff
  • Not sure if this is a short question (if required I might open a thread about it)

Playing a Mage (and will do so in future), but I rarely see people appear as Mage in fights and overally seems like people preferring other classes (especially Monks-galore). Is there something wrong with the class itself? Perhaps there is nothing cool about being a Mage?
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Game is small. You don't see representatives of a lot of classes.

Lin
  • Kalak said:

Not sure if this is a short question (if required I might open a thread about it)

Playing a Mage (and will do so in future), but I rarely see people appear as Mage in fights and overally seems like people preferring other classes (especially Monks-galore). Is there something wrong with the class itself? Perhaps there is nothing cool about being a Mage?

Plenty of people have Mage and switch to it, but it's usually all about group makeup. Plenty enough people switch back to Mage, Monk is just the flavor of the time for right now.