Moirean

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Only through a technicality (hey those rapiers were nice). He's roleplayed as "adopted" family. Her "real" parents are imaginary Spirean people. One lives in her basement.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I keep Gilbert at that distance too
    In a basement?
    Lin
    Adopted brother, jensen's basement is strictly for alcohol
  • AngweAngwe I'm the dog that ate yr birthday cake Bedford, VA
    @Jensen

Comebackplz. Duiran needs booze.
    Not gonna hijack moi's thread anymore than I already have + this post explaining it
    Bumping this - I'm pretty interested in how people see Moi atm. In particular, I'm looking for feedback in a few areas:

- Critique and suggestions to improve my leadership. What's working, what is frustrating, what do you wish I did more/less of?

- Thoughts on Moi's current role as an "evil" character. When I first came back, I definitely tried to really be cold and scary, but that just ended up feeling really unnatural and not fun to play, so a lot more comedic/weird/Impish stuff has crept back in. What kind of impressions does she give off now? 

- Are there any particularly jarring things about her that really seem odd/out-of-place/etc for the roles that she is in?

- Those who dislike her: anything in particular, and is this something I can fix at the player level, and if so, what sort of things would make interactions more appealing? I know that she is abrasive, to put it nicely. :P

- What should I add next to my house!?!
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    edited October 2013
    Moirean said:
    Bumping this - I'm pretty interested in how people see Moi atm. In particular, I'm looking for feedback in a few areas:

- Critique and suggestions to improve my leadership. What's working, what is frustrating, what do you wish I did more/less of?

- Thoughts on Moi's current role as an "evil" character. When I first came back, I definitely tried to really be cold and scary, but that just ended up feeling really unnatural and not fun to play, so a lot more comedic/weird/Impish stuff has crept back in. What kind of impressions does she give off now? 

- Are there any particularly jarring things about her that really seem odd/out-of-place/etc for the roles that she is in?

- Those who dislike her: anything in particular, and is this something I can fix at the player level, and if so, what sort of things would make interactions more appealing? I know that she is abrasive, to put it nicely. :P

- What should I add next to my house!?!
    I'm glad to have you back in the game. You make a serious concerted effort to not only run your corner of the game in a fair way, but to do it inclusively, so that everyone gets a chance to feel like they made a difference.

As the guy who was responsible for your very favorite event in the whole wide world, I'd say that your leadership style is something I'd like to see in every city. Nevermind what the NPCs say, they're all rioting idiots!

your house needs a very large shrine to the god of rock
    IllinianXeniaMoireanEsper
  • A nicely broken character. Our little reunion a couple of months ago was fun, and it's good to see the prankster aspect hasn't been forgotten (though it's less, or maybe more, fun when I'm the target).
    Moirean
    I made you SO pretty, @Irruel!
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    It's been a hot minute, but I like the weakness Moirean was willing to show to Arbre.  I came in expecting to have a hostile WHY THE UNICORN DO YOU EVEN STILL HAVE A KEY event and ended up with an incredibly fun 'date' and a relationship that is something between complete trust and uneasiness.  I need to make an effort to RP with you more.
    Moirean
    You do! I know you've been busy, though. I really did love our brief tells during all the shadowplague stuff, though - Arbre's concern and role in that was really cool.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Moirean is helpful, fun to interact with. She's a solid character, and as Irruel said, nicely broken. She's a good fighter, but enjoys RP, and I think it's awesome how you didn't go straight for the kill at our little meeting. Teani sure is in trouble for what she's done, but she's not backing down. This is bound to get even more fun before it's over. Looking forward to more interaction!

MoireanTozPiper
  • Well, Moirean is very helpful to those in her guild but not till the extent of 'Oh you are new, I'll do all your guild tasks for you'. Definitely makes starting a character in the carnifex a joy
    MoireanXeniaSlypheTeani
  • AshmerAshmer Barefoot Adventurer Life

Hosted the first sermon I've ever seen. Evar.

the way she tells me I'm hers and she is mine

open hand or closed fist would be fine

blood as rare and sweet as cherry wine

Iosyne
  • Moirean is meannnnnnnnnn! I jest! Moirean was nice the two times I've met/spoken to her... though the first time scared the hell out of me.. but what do you expect when you are sitting in a semi-safe area and someone just walks in and starts beating on someone else! 

• I don't know if you were leaving already or not, but that makes about four interactions with you, and every one of them has left me with a smile on my face or wondering how I can get some more.

Moirean
    Oh, heh, naw I had just gotten there, but there are other spots I can bash, so I left it for you!
  • PiperPiper Master Crumbs
    edited November 2013

Freaking love her. I wish I could get into more deep role play with her but our character just never seem to mesh that way. Anyways, here is my assessment as seen through two characters and it's about time since I keep starting an aff for you and just fail to finish writing it out!

As Orisae, she was kind of an enigma. Ori, being as even tempered as she was, just could not understand or see why people rallied around Moirean. She is loud, exciting, and deeply invested in anything she has her hands in which was something's that confused my own character. It made it impossible to see further into the character (my fault) but through the many role play logs, there were so many, amazing hints of who she was and how she was that I really wanted to enjoy but my own character would just not get with the program.

In came Piper, my own personal response to realizing that I was limiting my own enjoyment because I was too worried about how other people saw me. A character that I didn't allow to back down. That is when I finally got to interact with Moirean like I always wanted. They've been at each others throats, they've enjoyed ridiculous situations together, and they've just learned how to deal with the other without losing that mystique that you always seem to have around your character. That is to say, you're an excellent, considerate role player and you seem to repel staleness just by being yourself and that, in itself, is awesome because you naturally encourage healthy, growing environments and activity. Also, Moirean is a lot of fun to prank!

The game would be dull without Moirean and her player.

MoireanSetne
    Bump for my birthday. :P
    Carivah
    wish I could give details but I can't, you're fun to work for!
    Moirean
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Despite the somewhat rough past between Ish and Moirean, he really kind of likes her in a distant way. As you said in my own self-affirm, they aren't really very close, but he does have a grudging respect for her ability to lead people and to make things interesting in the city. Spinesreach really needed something like that. Ishin is a hard guy to get close to, so I'm not sure if they could ever be friends-friends. Ishin doesn't trust very many people at all, but they could certainly stand to be closer than they are now.

As a player, I admittedly had a little bit of mixed feelings for a little bit. But I read around, and paid attention to CT and other stuff like that, and I decided that I had to let those few negative feelings I had go. You'd always been pretty good about trying to make stuff fun in the game, and it seems like I'm not the only one who's chilled out some. I know a -lot- of the people in Spines like Moirean, and that -you- are doing a good job of making being Spirean fun and interesting and different, and honestly, that's the shit that really matters. Kudos to you. <3
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    MoireanPiper
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Moirean is fun, she brings fun and enjoys fun. There's a lot of complexity in the character, but she's got a firm grasp on what she wants (at least outwardly, and most of the time!) I've enjoyed the few interactions I've gotten with her lately and I'm sure there will be more of them.

I've always respected you as a roleplayer. You manage your emotes beautifully, your writing is imaginative and brings in so much flavor to what is happening. You've inspired me to work more on my own emotes and I always feel a bit nervous when interacting around you, doing my very best to try to raise my standard. And I have to agree with Ishin, you've calmed down as a player, feeling more reasonable and casual. It's nice!

MoireanIshin
  • Pretty much? Moi's been a constant influence on Lykorn, from the first time he dragged in a corpse that...well..in my mind's eye was much MUCH larger than he was..even if technically the only difference was might..and then presenting it to Moi before asking if she'd Mentor him...and then that time when Moi demanded he explain his views on weakness...and he pointed at one of the present Vampire Tainted..well..I've already detailed both of these...

Even after the fact of all he's done to assert who he is to her, and potentially overcome any possible first impression that might not have gone in his favor, her word does mean something to him, even now still. Heck, half the reason I went dormant the first time was because Moi was temporarily banned, and the changes starting to be moved into place were...foreboding to say the least. Call it my OOCly inner rat speaking, if you wanna use such a negatively viewed creature (though it's instincts are relatively uniquely fine tuned to change being good or bad), my presence wouldn't have halted or even slowed the crap-storm that struck after Moi was dormant...anyways, even now, he asserts himself, albeit not being so...hard about his actions. He looks to Moi not only as his Commander, but also as his Mentor, and let's face it, no matter how old of a player you are (I've been playing IRE games, Aetolia included, for about 8 years this coming summer) you always end up looking up to your Mentor as a parental figure and a guiding hand, and sometimes, you do shit just to see if they'll drop approval in your lap. Lykorn's not the approval garnering type, but he still does shit just to point it out to Moi and say, " SEE? I did that. BY MYSELF. Tell me what I can do with it to benefit the Guild, and let the Glory reflect upon not only myself, but the Guild as well."...let's face it...we all do that kinda crap when it comes to people you just wanna try to impress, whether you realize it on either an IC or OOC level or not.
    Moirean
  • Moi reminds me of Deadpool. Insane prankster in a funny way with appropriately scary moments of seriousness... Swiftly followed by the insane prankster

PiperMoirean
  • I don't know what to think of an insane prankster madame.
  • The 'snake in a can' prank just got 10 times weirder.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

Moirean
  • Snake in a can prank can get weirder HOW? It's a snake in a can. :P

I really liked last night's rp session. I wasn't prepared to show up and audition, though! or I would have done something more deliberate like a striptease. Instead you got cancan dancing and jokes. ^_^

imageimage "Little pig, little pig, let me in, let me in. You look tasty and smell like bacon." *LICKLICKLICK*
    Xenia
  • LimLim
    edited April 2014
    I enjoyed the brothel's debut (I assume) too. Wanted a way in to get my character dragged into involvement, and the goings-on developed exactly as I hoped, so that was nice.

What I love most about the character is her character's duality - how the different sides to her character plays to both 'hard' and 'soft' roles in Lim's development. The fact that Moirean is the Chair of Spinesreach and Commander of the Carnifex (and now boss at the brothel) means she plays an authority figure in Lim's life. That role of the authority figure (a 'hard', paternal role) is tempered with her nurturing ('soft', maternal) side - bringing him to meet her daughter, and counseling him about having to toughen up. This dual role makes her an influential person to Lim in a way that parent (or in this case, a surrogate parent) shapes and moulds a person in an intense and often complex manner. I'm hoping to use that as a segue to how Lim transitions from innocent boy to something harsher, stronger and corrupt. After all, the Carnifex have a pretty twisted (and hypocritical) world view on what justifies the culling of the weak, and something needs to take him from here to there.

I'm thankful for Moirean (the player) for generating the opportunities for character development. That sort of facilitation is great in providing room for the character grow. If RP is about making choices that accumulate to define a character's life, then Moirean has provided plenty of that. For that, I am incredibly grateful and hopeful for more to come. :)
    PiperMoirean
  • Meyvitch said:

Snake in a can prank can get weirder HOW? It's a snake in a can. :P

I really liked last night's rp session. I wasn't prepared to show up and audition, though! or I would have done something more deliberate like a striptease. Instead you got cancan dancing and jokes. ^_^

I...was insinuating they no longer pop out of the can. *shifty*

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021