Welcome to the New Forums!

As the title says, welcome! We know it will be an awkward period of transition (for many reasons!), but we hope you'll eventually find that you enjoy the new forums as much or more than you had the old. For any questions or concerns, please contact Razmael directly. He'll no doubt love to hear from you!
Azrael

Comments

• VarianVarian Administrator
    On a side note, we will have the old forums in a place for you soon. We will announce it soon.
  • Varian having a Buddy Christ profile pic is hilarious.

The new layout will take some getting use to but cool deal it integrating with the game.
    There are a few color issues that will pop up as we get content into the forums. We will get that fixed asap.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    Any chance we can get our pretty forum chat back?
    Probably not on the forums for now.
  • KiyotanKiyotan spectacular vernacular Summit of the Falconmount
    Can this be the general thread for questions about using the new forums?

And if so, is it possible to edit one's own posts after they've been posted? My typos are aggravating my OCD.
    Some may say we've lost our way, but I believe we've not gone far enough.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Braavos
    Then quit making them.
    AzraelLin
  • Kiyotan said:

And if so, is it possible to edit one's own posts after they've been posted? My typos are aggravating my OCD.
    In the top right of your post is a little circle thing. You click that, then it'll let you edit it, but it'll show the "Edited by:" line every time. You've also only got one hour to make any edits.
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    That's a bummer, for threads you might want to keep a running update on the first post, like how Elea was doing her art thread.
    Sarita
  • edited November 2012
    Aldric said:
    Kiyotan said:

In the top right of your post is a little circle thing. You click that, then it'll let you edit it, but it'll show the "Edited by:" line every time. You've also only got one hour to make any edits.
    Doesn't look like we all have the option, I don't see it on any of my posts.

Actually, I take it back, I do see it on the new post, apparently you can't edit after a certain amount of time. Cool beans.
  • edited November 2012
    You got it! Yay edit function!
    Feelings, sensations that you thought were dead. No squealin' remember, that it's all in your head.
  • Has anyone found the only show new posts button? I can't find it. I am probably blind.
  • edited December 2012
    Rho said:
    Has anyone found the only show new posts button? I can't find it. I am probably blind.
    You click "recent discussions" on the left side. Anything that's had a new post since you've been on will be highlighted brighter than the rest.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    oh my god there are notification toasts when people respond to topics omg omg
    Yuuki
  • Yeah, that stuff can all be managed in your 'notification settings' thing. I'd suggest people look at that, my email's already started to get bombarded.
  • So, the only two things I haven't yet figured out:

1) How to report a post

2) How to enable a signature, if at all able with these forums
  • edited December 2012
    Kiyotan said:

Spell check is God.

But I agree. I haven't tried to make a change to my posts yet, and I'm too lazy to read if someone's already explained this. Inquiring Brian's want to know.  Right after I said that I found it.
    I think FLAG is reporting. Also, there's a signature place if you get to your profile. Click around, you'll find it.

Yuuki, I would be much obliged if you made your signature a little less obnoxious.
    Azrael
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Oh god, that's his signature? I thought it was just part of his self-aff.

Could we agree on like... one animated GIF per sig? :(
  • Arbre said:
    I think FLAG is reporting. Also, there's a signature place if you get to your profile. Click around, you'll find it.

Yuuki, I would be much obliged if you made your signature a little less obnoxious.
    Stop drinking Haterade >=| -changes it-
  • Lin said:
    Oh god, that's his signature? I thought it was just part of his self-aff.

Could we agree on like... one animated GIF per sig? :(
    But I'm excited because I *just* figured out how to make GIFs work with the new forum system, which I love, by the way. It's a lot prettier than the old one and easier to maneuver in. You'll have to excuse me if I'm excited.
  • edited December 2012
    Aldric said:
    So, the only two things I haven't yet figured out:

1) How to report a post

2) How to enable a signature, if at all able with these forums
    Click on your profile, then click the edit profile button on the right. You'll then be given profile options in a list on the left. Signature options are there.

Arbre said:
    Agreed
    Aldric
  • Sorry if this is in the wrong place. How do I change my profile picture? I tried using the option on my profile page but I'm getting a permissions error.
    "Can a nation be free if it oppresses other nations? It cannot."
    Vladimir Lenin

"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce."
    Karl Marx

Can y'all look into giving the mods the ability to not just SPLIT posts off of a thread, but to MOVE them to a pre-existing one?  We can't currently and half the time I just throw up my hands and leave the thread as is (read: wrong) because I don't know what to do with it.  Thank you!
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Tbh, I don't think that option exists for US. I'll check it out.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
  • edited November 2013
    Could you also ask about the possibility of a 'preview post' button?
    Edit: when replying to a thread, I mean. It exists for new threads so the function exists, it just doesn't seem to be an option when replying.
    Haven
  • @ivoln

Can you please explain code tags for me?
    In the thread about havens, you said to click on the 'show source' button, and put the text between
    [code][/code] tags
    which didn't work when I tried it
    but using <code></code> tags sort of worked

but looks weird especially across multiple lines of text. See what I mean? The background colour is different for the text inside the tags.
  • IvolnIvoln Azvosh Rakar
    Oh, well that's just it. I guess I got it wrong. Other than that I'm not sure why it works the way it does.