Announce post #3185: What's Aetolia Doing Ep 2

5/8/2021 at 16:00
Tiur, the Gnosis
Everyone
What's Aetolia Doing Ep 2

We're trying a thing where I throw one of these out every couple months.

Mining has had its scope reduced! We'll worry about things like random encounters AFTER we've gotten players their new commodity system. Expect more updates on this, but its scope should be of a size now that it's mostly filling in some blanks. Our next class of Celani will 'enjoy' this job!

We've selected the next two mirror classes based on polls and ideas, and weirdly the two matched very well! Messages are being written this month, alongside the events themselves. Lessons were learned from the last set, so Builders can expect some jobs to come out when we hit the inevitable block, thusly avoiding it! June will be coding all that in using our new techniques.

As to a world event, stirrings have been going on for a while. If you haven't met anyone interesting, keep your eyes and ears open, this one's a slow build with a lot of hinting.

For those keeping score at home:
Mining - Descoping held, filling in design blanks for release
Mirror #3 - Class chosen, guild assigned, writing of events/skill messages begun.
Mirror #4 - Class chosen, guild assigned, conceptualizing skills (This one had a big change when we realized the initial idea could be much better, and we took a step back)
New Celani - Final choices in the next week or so, right up until the deadline.
Event - Ball rolling.
Side Projects - There are a few, but they're largely being held in place for things we've announced. Some surprises might happen, but we're keeping open about what's being worked on.

-T

Penned by my hand on Falsday, the 1st of Ios, in the year 495 MA.
LegynRhyotLinSaidennIesidStineSeurimasDrystinCzciennGavramelTeani

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    ETA on possible Mining release now that it's had its scope creep dismissed?

• These updates are deeply appreciated. Very excited to hear that you guys have confidence in the process of adding more mirrors, considering you have pivoted to planning another pair so soon! June for coding is an admirable goal.

Also love to hear that you guys are willing to shelf portions of Mining in the interest of getting the actual commodity generation put in our hands.

The activity from individual Celani has also not gone unnoticed, though I know this post isn't much about that. Gran and Jarrod are both precious treasures and I will fight anyone that disputes this.
    Stine
  • AeryxAeryx Docking Nipsy's pay
    Yep. Still interested in seeing what happens with Mining. Great to hear the updates on it. In the immortal words of Didi - 'Positive vibes'
    Childhood's over the moment you know you're gonna die.
    Seurimas