WoW

Anyone play? If I can find a group, I want to reactivate my accounts and start on a new server.

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Im playing on Sargeras, I recently just came back.

Kinda bitter all my friends switched alliance, so willing to make a new horde character.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    I play US-Dragonmaw, Horde side.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/dragonmaw/Kaliy/advanced (don't laugh at all the hit, it actually ended up being an upgrade to spirit!)

I'm kinda addicted to healing. Aside from my disc/holy priest main, I have a 90 holy/prot pally, a resto druid at 87, a shaman in the 70s, another priest at 87 (shh, priests are awesome), and I'm trying out a newbie monk (they are pretty fun so far!).

My guild is pretty casual and filled with a lot of silliness, but we do semi-hardcore raiding 2x a week, as well as more casual content each week for newer raiders or social member, like LFRs, dailies or mass slaying of dinosaurs/Alliance on the new Jurassic Park island.

My btag is jjloraine#1992 if anyone ever needs a healer. :)
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited March 2013
    This is me!

After having played a tank for about five years, I made a brief foray into melee DPS as a 2H Frost DK, liked it okay, and then became shockingly addicted to raid healing.

Don't laugh, I've been level 90 for about a week and I had to gear up fast for my new guild.

Battletag: Earthcrusher#1303
    Moirean
  • MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/garona/Macaviti/simple

Here is me...I have not started my account up yet because I am still debating...though Green Fire for Locks does sound cool!  heh
    “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Moirean
    Oh man, someone in LFR the other night had the green fire. It was pretty badass looking. He refused to help with trash and was a complete jerk to everyone, but we avoided kicking him for 2 bosses just because we liked watching it. >_>
    Moirean said:
    Oh man, someone in LFR the other night had the green fire. It was pretty badass looking. He refused to help with trash and was a complete jerk to everyone, but we avoided kicking him for 2 bosses just because we liked watching it. >_>
    nice!  Its for sure something I have been wanting to see for a long time....and most Locks as well.  maybe I will go buy a game time card and get the quest done and then see the green fire!  hmmm   lol
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Well I decided to get my account going again.  Starting fresh, Tauran priest.  If yall want to start a guild or something im on Cho'Gall right now, be cool to get us a tank and some DPS and be able to eventually run raids and all that.
  • edited March 2013
    I restarted my old account about a month or so ago, most of my toons are over on Proudmoore and a few others on Ner'zhul, and Maiev. Haven't played much of Pandaria, so getting back into the swing of things. Have a lvl 80 night elf hunter, a lvl 80 DK, a level 72 human rogue, a level 57 priest that I created when I reactivated my account.
  • AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Osmond said:
    Well I decided to get my account going again.  Starting fresh, Tauran priest.  If yall want to start a guild or something im on Cho'Gall right now, be cool to get us a tank and some DPS and be able to eventually run raids and all that.
    When I create my character there, its on like Donkey Kong
  • Aarbrok said:
    When I create my character there, its on like Donkey Kong

Sweet! Finally have someone to play with.  I don't do a whole lot of questing really, I get bored as hell with it, I just run dungeon after dungeon.
  • @Azrael would you be interested in an Aetolianish guild in WoW? I can always either server hop, create a new toon...or you could just make one in Cho'Gall with Aarb and I.  Fair warning though, I am a WoW noob.  I have an 85 Warlock, but I hardly got into the game until recently, so I suck as pretty much everything right now.
    If any of you have level 90s, I am more happy to do some cross-realm dungeon runs. I can heal with my eyes closed, and can get you some faster queues. I need my JP for heirlooms!
  • Is Pandaria really worth it? I don't have the money to get it, but might try to make it happen somehow if its really that cool.
    It's waaay better than Cataclysm, which I know isn't saying a lot. It's actually really fun, but I hope you like daily quests because you're gonna be doing them until your fingers bleed.
    I actually rather liked Cataclysm, especially at the start. The punishingly hard dungeons were a fun challenge, and the raiding was all fairly interesting. I disliked their dungeon design in later patches - I think the troll and time mini-tiers devalued raid progression, since you could just mindlessly faceroll through a dungeon and get gear on par with the raid bosses you just spent months killing. 

However, Cata had a fairly generous gearing/rep process, so it was easy to play around and have fun on alts. At one point, I was running 3 characters a week in raiding and I loved it. Cata's revamp of the vanilla content made for a REALLY fun new romp through the 1-60 stuff. Mists is a lot less friendly for the alt-lovers, although that is relaxing as more patches are released. If you are a crafting addict, you'll dislike that aspect of Mists, since you need to get certain materials from Pandaland to even LEARN some of the basic patterns like PvP gear.  

I think the new gearing process is pretty nice - old tier raids are still relevant, but there is now an autogroupper for easy versions of raiding (like LFD for 25 people in a scaled down version of the actual raids), which is great for gear gaps, learning the fights, and for letting everyone check out content. 

Cata's biggest problem, in my head, was how slow content patches were. Dragonsoul stretched on for something stupid like 8 months - Blizzard has learned from this and we're seeing fun new stuff at a very rapid pace. The story is great, the raids are super fun, and there's a lot of tertiary content that they keep adding consistently, so, imho, it's worth it! :)
  • I don't know about before, but dungeons in Cata are nothing right now, at least lower level.  Makes for a boring ass time for a healer.
  • SWTOR is also a fun game. I didn't want to make a new thread, but does anyone hurr play it?

I play it casually. Pretty cool.
    PiperEdhain
  • Revoke my nerd license if you must, but I never got all that in to star wars.
    Osmond said:
    I don't know about before, but dungeons in Cata are nothing right now, at least lower level.  Makes for a boring ass time for a healer.
    You're probably talking about normal dungeons. At each expansion cap from BC onwards (70, 80, 85, 90), you can do heroic versions of dungeons. They are harder and drop better loot. You can actually access these for a few levels as you grind up. They can be a fun alternative to the normal LFD, although the queue tends to be longer when you're doing the older heroics (vs the level 90 ones).

In Wrath, heroics became lulzy in how easy they were. People literally just spammed AoE and finished them in a handful of minutes, so they tried to make them harder in Cata and overshot by a ton. A single dungeon would take hours. We're kinda back to the fairly easy version in Mists, but there also added things called challenge mode heroics which are super hard and get you really cool looking gear for transmog!
  • I'm playing Horde side on Illidan myself. You can add me if you like, Kaeus#1652
    Post battletags if you haven't! We should try to do a raid of last tier if we have enough 90s!
  • is illidan a server? i dont see that one, nor the one Aarbrok mentioned
    edited March 2013
    It is. It's one of the most popular Horde servers. It might be full, so make sure you are checking the full realms list, not the suggested realms.
    Macavity#1830

Battle Tag.....90 Lock Affliction/Demo spect Horde!
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

• Quote from the girlfriend: "If you even THINK about going back to play that damn game, you and the couch will be best friends for a very very long time."  So...What server is everyone going to?

EzraxLin
  • im on cho'gall, as a priest, come join me there.  Aarb is gonna make a toon there too
  • edited March 2013
    You guys make me wanna play again :[

My original acct is dual glad, been playing since pre-TBC. Cata was alright, lost interest halfway through and let my acct go inactive again, didn't buy MoP because pandas threw me off. I'd have to roll rogue or dr00d I'm thinking.

E: (got one of each at 85)

E2: Horde on Korgath.
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Shut upbre."
    Arbre Aquila dur Naya says, "Yessir."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I'm a lady!"

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Yeah cutscene kicks in."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Watch our awesome CG."

Senior Administrator Veritas says, "I grove ever stronger in the presence of Alastair!"
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "Grow*."
    Senior Administrator Veritas says, "No druids here."
  • If anyone is looking to reactivate, let one of us active people Scroll of Resurrect you, since you get a free level 80 out of the deal!
  • edited March 2013
    I need to reactivate, I think.  I havent bought time in a while, I was playing on a one week free deal they had going on.
  • My last login was somewhere in 2010. So...