I_Mapper continued

Comments

• Hey.

So life happened, but peeking in from time to time now, and though I can't promise anything, but hopefully things will pan out so I can settle down and look at the mudbot code and fix whatever problems there are with it, but as said no promises.
    HavenSolariaXavin
  • So, I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, but I can't seem to use mudbot whatsoever. I followed the instructions as best as I could, but nothing really happens when I try to connect. For example, I'll start up mb-core just fine, and I get the message that it's ready:

Listening on port 123, bound on localhost.
    Loading file './i_mapper.dll'.
    IMap loaded. (371 microseconds)
    Entering main loop... All ready.

But, when I try to connect (after having changed my client to connect to localhost on 123) I get absolutely nothing from either the client or the mudbot program. I would really appreciate any help I could get on this.
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    Gisela said:

So, I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, but I can't seem to use mudbot whatsoever. I followed the instructions as best as I could, but nothing really happens when I try to connect. For example, I'll start up mb-core just fine, and I get the message that it's ready:

But, when I try to connect (after having changed my client to connect to localhost on 123) I get absolutely nothing from either the client or the mudbot program. I would really appreciate any help I could get on this.

What client do you use?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • Mudlet 2.1
  • SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    Gisela said:

So, I don't know if I'm just stupid or what, but I can't seem to use mudbot whatsoever. I followed the instructions as best as I could, but nothing really happens when I try to connect. For example, I'll start up mb-core just fine, and I get the message that it's ready:

I end up connecting using 127.0.0.1 instead and it always works fine.

Gisela
  • Aaaaand, that did it. Thank you very much, Solaria!
    Solaria
  • @Xon With you possibly back, would you be able to update a few things in the module? Specifically, there's been some changes to the way that certain areas are being named and there's a new message for trying to walk through an exit blocked by a door. I've come across a couple other bugs as well, but I don't know how much time you want to put into the module.

• Anyone have a idea why rooms double up when creating a new? The map exit color is the same color, but yet I get like 5 rooms all the same because of the same room :/
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested
  • Anyone been having issues with mudbot??

I keep getting this in the buffer ever since Keroc messed around with ents...

Everything sent, freeing the memory buffer.
    Unable to write to the client! Buffering until we can.
    Too many messages! Disabling the console.

And it crashes randomly.. Had no issues since this week so mega confused on what the issue can be ..
    Nalor said:

Anyone been having issues with mudbot??

I keep getting this in the buffer ever since Keroc messed around with ents...

Too many messages! Disabling the console.

And it crashes randomly.. Had no issues since this week so mega confused on what the issue can be ..

I haven't had that issue specifically since Keroc's thing. I had it before as well, but usually when I was editing large projects/files. It's just receiving too much information and trying to cope. Sometimes, it can't. Did you ever update to the changes Xon did for using the editor with large amounts of text? It might help if you haven't.

• @Solaria‌ im on the new mudbot version.. Did he do the editor thing differently?
    Nalor said:

@Solaria‌ im on the new mudbot version.. Did he do the editor thing differently?

I'm not sure what exactly he did besides edited the .dll. I don't remember the specifics (or if he explained it), but it is in a post a year or two back.

• yeah thats not the issue, This is only over the past few week Ive been using mudbot for godknows how long..
    Nalor said:

yeah thats not the issue, This is only over the past few week Ive been using mudbot for godknows how long..

Okay, wasn't sure. I've had that error message from time to time for a while. Sorry!

• yeh me too, well for a week or two.. But NEVER while AFK doing nothing like im getting at the moment. @Solaria‌

Its why I was wondering if Admin changed anything like before

• Does anyone know how to remap a area? or map a new area? As seems im having major problems, it keeps doubling up on rooms, not linking correctly.

In plain I have the same room 2+ times, and none of them even link to each other and I cant room merge because, none of them have the right directions. I dont get it..

Everyone told me to buy Xavins map. I did week later he stopped playing so kind of Peed at that...

If anyone can assist me, on what im doing wrong, I'll happily pay for assistances.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    So I'm trying to set Kaldaka up with the mapper and the weirdest thing is happening - he'll be using go, walk a few rooms and then just hang. Mudbot will spit out the direction to go (southwest) or whatever, but it won't actually move him. He has to keep typing go to keep moving.

Anyone seen this before or have any ideas?
  • Has anyone remapped the dome?

If so, are you getting errors on the 3 different places where you have to pull lever?

Also.. How did you code in the pull lever stuff? I did it for one but the other 2 are being weird since its the same room name so its overwriting the first.. etc
  • As per the announce, the game's rapture engines have been updated.

So, Anyone know how I can fix the rooms capturing as at moment mudbot isnt work... well picking up the rooms as it should be?

I'm unsure as to why/what/when .. Whenever I try to move I get

[Can't show the path from here though, as no current room is set.]

even tho I have all the rooms mapped. So confused
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    @Nalor: It has something to do with the day/night colors I've heard.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Riluo
    No that was a different issue. I haven't logged in yet since the changes so I can only guess that mudbot isn't reading room name and exits right. It uses colors to detect them. Try fiddling with map colors and map exits.
    Ok managed to get on and test - mudbot is working for me, so I don't think it was the IRE change. I suggest ensuring that your room name and exit colors match the ones in mudbot, otherwise it won't see text as room names/exits. You might have something weird going on with your client translating them oddly if you're on mudlet.
  • NalorNalor UK
    edited November 2014
    @moirean I've fiddled with the coloring, even redownloaded it.. a few people I know are having the same issues its why I thought most people was...

I've gone through all the colors 1 to 13 for exits/room_title and no luck... I even asked someone what colors he's using as his is working and that didnt work.. Are you guys on the latest mudbot who have it working??
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    You're going to have to CONFIG XTERM OFF in order for Mudbot mapper to work. It won't support 256 color negotiations, which is what all ANSI escape codes get swapped to with our new rapture engine.
  • aye, Thanks I just seen the changelog. Really curious how certain people still had it working tho with the rapture engine.. as I tested Citadel, the fortress, mudbot and the living citadel and all was not working right..

IF any of you who had it working would like to share.. <
    It's probably because I'm on CMUD?
  • @Moirean that was first thing I thought of as the other person is also on Cmud (so last I remembered) but nope.. even cmud says no to letting mudbot work.. Thank god of xterm :)
  • @Nalor ah, that sounds weird. I too have not experienced any issues and am also using CMUD

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    As new areas crop up in the game, the Admin are apparently having fun with how to describe them with the SURVEY command. This means that some names are not picked up by Mudbot, leaving the areas unnamed.

Examples:

You stand beneath Mournhold, in the the Shastaan Warrens.

You are suspended in Tecpatl's Cradle.

Is there a way to make these get picked up or a way for me to name the area of a room manually? AREA SWITCH only cycles through existing areas. AREA UPDATE doesn't pick it up because of the aforementioned issue with the changed survey. Please help?

• TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    In response to my own question (thanks to @Moirean!):

Basically, you want to open up the i_mapper c source file. If you don't have a program to edit code, like visual studios, you can just right click the file and open it in notepad, as this is a fairly simple edit. Make sure it's the c source file, as there is a debug file as well. You want the file that has a commented header about mudbot

Once open, just do a control+f for "standing" - it'll be the first result that pops up. You'll see there's a line for survey and commands for what to do. You can just add a few more into that. In C++ the symbols "||" mean "or"

Here's an example

if ( !cmp( "You discern that you are standing in *", line ) ||
    !cmp( "You stand within *", line ) ||
    !cmp( "You stand beneath Mournhold, in the *", line ) ||
    !cmp( "You discern that you are standing amidst the twisted expanse of *", line ) ||
    !cmp( "You are standing in *", line ) )

using this process you can add in lots of wonky surveys
    then just save and restart mudbot!

Haven