I_Mapper continued

Comments

• MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    The new version of mapper that came with the latest Citadel update isn't pathing off farsee. Is there some setting I need to enable?
    Ezalor
  • I disabled it becauseit was crashing when allysense and fullsense, and probably other abilities were used. Ive reenabled it, just update.
    Cool, thanks! <3
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    edited April 2013
    Nevermind, I lied. Forgot to turn map create on!
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • edited April 2013
    Xon said:
    IMPORTANT GMCP Mudbot Update.
    Mudbot 2.43 has a fix that allows all you that use GMCP to get information from char.items and char.skills both having been enabled.

I've been playing around with learning Lua, and was wondering if it's possible.. or how to.. reference GMCP variables via lua scripts and i_lua.dll. Any ideas? Right now, I'm just trying to set variables using GMCP, such as..

max_heal = gmcp.Char.Vitals.maxhp
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I just updated to the recent 2.43 version and for some strange reason it won't let me use the amulet with a path. I can use go gallop and go dash just fine, but whenever I try to do go voltda it sends me:

[Usage: go (voltda/duanathar) [dash/sprint/gallop/shift]]

I have no idea what might be wrong. It's not in my system, since I've disabled everything and the command still won't work. Does anyone know?

• Is the map ever going to be updated for gmcp? Using the room name with colormatch is kind of old news...that is, if Aetolia sends room info.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    edited June 2013
    Aetolia sends a pretty staggering amount of room info actually: the name, area, exits, players, descriptions and more. You can literally rewrite the room display from the ground up if you want to, there's that much information. I think reconfiguring Mudbot to use this info would be invaluable.
    Munsia
  • As it stands, using the colormatch it is severely underestimated in it's full potential.
  • Does anyone happen to know HOW to delete the 'worldwarps' from a map and also, how to readd them?

I have a pretty outdated map and recently been updating it but my worm warps are outdated and I would like to replace them with the new ones if anyone could help..

• check the 'room help' commands, I think it's tucked away in there. If not, it'll be in 'exit help'

• Thanks but couldn't find nothing to tell me how to add/delete them..

• You're looking for exit warp.

[Syntax for this room to another: exit warp <vnum>]
    [Syntax for remote room linking : exit warp <vnum> from <vnum>]
    [Syntax: exit warp destroy]
    [Syntax: exit warp destroy <vnum>]

• Thank you!!

Teani said:
    I just updated to the recent 2.43 version and for some strange reason it won't let me use the amulet with a path. I can use go gallop and go dash just fine, but whenever I try to do go voltda it sends me:

[Usage: go (voltda/duanathar) [dash/sprint/gallop/shift]]

I have no idea what might be wrong. It's not in my system, since I've disabled everything and the command still won't work. Does anyone know?
    I'm trying again, since no one responded at all. I still can't use go voltda even though I have the amulet. I've tried to reinstall everything again, but no dice. It's extremely frustrating and I'd like some help with it. Please?

• MacavityMacavity Chicago, Il
    a few things to try...  first of all in map config is  map config artifacts .   enabled?

also did you set your wing location correctly with

map wing set voltda

map wing room ####

you can check the above information with

map wing

“Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.” 
    ― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Veritas says, "Sorry for breaking your system Macavity."
    Veritas says, "My boss fights crash Macavity's computer now."
    Teani
    Yay, working like a charm now. Thanks, @Macavity!

• Why am I having such a problem with mudbot figuring out that when I Duanatharan, that the High above the clouds that I land in is in the skies, and not in the crimson peaks or whatever... It always gets lost when I go up there, then I don't path anywhere... I've got my wing room/message set, the path totally says  its gonna use duanatharan and then move whatever direction, but I get up there and it is completely clueless everytime

• Because you're not using my map?

>_>

Okay, that was a shameless plug. But it might be worthwhile adding your wings message as a teleport linked to the aboveclouds room, that way the mapper -can't- get confused.

Also, check to make sure your wings room is set correctly since it shares a name with an arena room.

• Yes buy xavin's map.

• Has anyone been able to get the mapper's mxp features to work with mudlet? I'm specifically looking to make use of the clickable map.

• Anyone else have an issue with mudbot killing the ability for gmcp.IRE.Rift to populate? I've got a few people who seem to have that table non-existent when using Mudbot, but fine without it.
    I wish mudbot/mapper worked with mxp. :(
    XavinPeriluna
  • I don't think Xon plays anymore, though, so what we have is probably the best we're going to get.

• SolariaSolaria Charlotte, NC
    No, RL happened. Maybe someone else can take up the project?

• edited November 2013
    Bug @Kikon.
    Moirean
  • Anyone have any problems with area update not allowing you to change an areas name?
  • Map config worm_warp seems to cause mudbot to crash without fail.

Is this feature broken? If no, is there something I need to do/am not doing yet that will allow me to make use of the worm warping?
  • Works fine for me, try using map config worm_warp  it could be the map your on ?
    Mudlet Bashing System for sale. Message if interested