What's Your Worth?

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
edited December 2020 in Echo Canyon
Welcome to What's Your Worth, a goofy forum game where you tabulate the breadth of your character's experiences and assign them an arbitrary point value. These are mostly RP-oriented, no one cares about how many artifacts you have.

Go down the list and keep track of any entry that applies to your character. Similar entries (age 25+, age 50+, etc.) can be accumulated for STACKS OF CASH. Notice that there are some slightly adult-oriented entries. If you don't feel comfy confessing to these, feel free to skip them.

Let us know how your character stacks up! You can prune the list and post the ones that apply to you, or just give us the final cash-in value. It's up to you, don't overthink it too much.

Updated with new entries in yellow!

(there's no difference between "your character" and "you", I just alternated to break up the lists a bit)

Age & Lineage

• $0.25: Your character has lived to be 25+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 50+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 75+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 100+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 125+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 150+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 175+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 200+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 225+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 250+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 275+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 300+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 325+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 350+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 375+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character has lived to be 400+ years old.
  • $0.25: Your character was adopted by another.
  • $0.25: Your character is the blood offspring of another character, whether played or not.
  • $0.25: You are the head of a family of 5+ members.
  • $0.25: You are the head of a family of 10+ members.
  • $0.50: You are the head of a family of 20+ members.
  • $0.25: Your character has sired or given birth to a child.
  • $0.25: Your character has adopted a child.

Your Sapient Story

• $0.50: You have led a city.
  • $0.25: You have led a divine order, or achieved the closest rank the order has to a "leader."
  • $0.50: You have created or heavily modified an organizational building.
  • $0.50: You have completely restructured an organization's backend (new/altered clans, projects, orghelps, etc.).
  • $0.75: Your character bears a legendary weapon, armor, relic, or other sacred item linked to a God.
  • $0.25: Your character bears some minor curio or other trinket linked to a God.
  • $0.25: Your character has contracted a disease.
  • $0.25: Your character has avoided contracting a disease!
  • $3.00: Your character was Patient Zero in a new outbreak, and spread the disease on purpose.
  • $1.00: Your character was sired by one of Abhorash's new childer (Ezalor, etc.).
  • $2.00: Your character was sired by one of Abhorash's original childer (Zoharim, Kauller, Zahmekoses, Faith, Paracelsus).
  • $5.00: Your character was sired by Abhorash.
  • $0.25: You have been in more than one guild.
  • $0.25: You have been in more than one city.
  • $0.25: You have been in more than one order.
  • $0.50: You have been in more than one tether.
  • $0.25: You have led a guild.
  • $1.00: You were an original founding member of a brand new guild.
  • $1.00: You were one of the last members of a guild that was removed.
  • $2.00: Your character holds an unattainable class (Priest, Infernal Knight, etc.).
  • $0.50: Your character has reached Aetolian Ranger or Worldwalker in the Fellowship of Explorers.

Arts & Social Graces

• $0.25: You have written a book.
  • $0.50: You have written a book that is now required reading for an organization.
  • $2.00: You wrote the Guide to Eating Novii, or Best Loved Erotic Horkval Poetry.
  • $0.25: Your character has performed music, singing, or dance before a crowd.
  • $0.50: Another character has performed music your character wrote.
  • $0.25: Your character has organized and thrown a party.
  • $0.25: Your character has organized, sent out invitations to, or officiated at a wedding.
  • $0.25: Your character can dance!
  • $0.25: Your character has gotten drunk.
  • $0.50: Your character has gone binge drinking.
  • $0.75: Your character has gotten absolutely plastered and made a fool of themselves.
  • $0.25: Your character has tried drugs before.
  • $0.50: Your character has gotten high off of something pretty nasty (godstongue, sludge, ylem runoff, Haern's back sweat, etc.).

Antagonism

• $0.25: Your character has instigated a fistfight.
  • $0.50: Your character has started a brawl.
  • $2.00: Your character has permanently "killed" another.
  • $0.25: Your character has stolen something from somebody, whether on their person, in their home, or their shop.
  • $0.50: Your character has robbed an entire organization.
  • $0.25: You have tortured another character out of necessity.
  • $0.50: You have tortured another character for fun.
  • $0.25: You have coerced another character by holding them at knife- or sword-point, trained a bow on them, or some other method of pinning them.
  • $0.25: You have tied up or captured another character.
  • $0.25: You have insulted, mouthed off at, or trolled another character so hard they tried to kill you.
  • $0.50: Your character has left permanent scars or other markings on another.
  • $0.50: Your character has mounted a rebellion, whether physical, spiritual, or political.
  • $0.25: Your character has publicly executed another.
  • $0.50: Your character has publicly executed another... by beating them to death.
  • $0.25: Your character has been thrown in jail.
  • $0.25: Your character has thrown another into jail.

Love, Peace, Birds & the Bees

• $0.25: Your character has been married.
  • $0.50: Your character has been married 3+ times.
  • $0.50: Your character is married to more than one person at the same time.
  • $1.00: Your character has married an NPC.
  • $0.25: Your character has kissed another.
  • $0.25: Your character has gone on a date with another.
  • $0.25: Your character has had sex with another.
  • $0.50: Your character has slept with 2 partners at once.
  • $0.50: Your character has done the dirty out in public.
  • $1.00: Your character has had sex with 3+ people at the same time. Good lord!
  • $3.00: Your character has literally or was implied to have had sex with a God.
  • $0.25: Your character has appeared nude in public (clothing decayed, etc.).
  • $0.50: Your character has appeared nude in public on purpose.
  • $0.25: Your character has appeared nude in public but it's just Duiran and no one really noticed or cared.
  • $0.25: Your character has cheated on someone.
  • $0.25: Your character has been cheated on.
  • $2.00: Your character has cheated on someone while they were cheating on you, but then everyone involved found out about the arrangement at the same time, became mutually cool with it, and now you're in some kind of weird 4-way thing with unspoken rules.

Immersion

• -$0.25: Your character's personality is mostly cobbled together from your own.
  • $0.25: You, the player, have cried at your character suffering a cruel fate or great triumph.
  • $0.50: You, the player, have felt "phantom" versions of your character's emotions (feeling wobbly when they're drunk, wanting to cry when they're sad, etc.).
  • $0.50: You have friends who don't play Aetolia who know all about your character and their escapades because you won't shut up about it.
  • $0.50: Your SO has had to comfort you over something happening to your character.
  • $0.75: You, the player, have found aspects of your character's personality beginning to rub off on you in real life.
  • $1.00: You, the player, are no longer truly controlling your character.

Misc.

• $1.00: Your character has retired!
  • $0.25: Your character has been mentioned in an Events news post.
  • $0.50: Your character has been mentioned on the front page of the website.
  • $2.00: Your character used to be in HELP NOTABLES.
  • $0.25: Your character is the one they warn new players about.
TetchtaSryaenIesidEoros

Comments

• I got a smooth $12 :)
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
    LinTetchta
  • I got $15.50. 
    LinTetchta
  • $1.50....
    Lin
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Even though I don't really play her anymore, and haven't played her in earnest for years, Ecikoria is worth about $10 or so. Teani is at roughly $9.

Lin
  • $5.25, for a character not yet 30. I need a second hobby.
    LinTetchta
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    $8.25
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    LinTetchta
  • TetchtaTetchta The Innocent
    Good lord $13.25.

Lin
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    $20, but $7 of that came from her first two sires.
    LinTetchtaRebra
  • $11.50! Mj's on a roll

Just for funsies I added up Miss, too
    $21.50!!!!

This was fun ^_^
    Toz says, "Dishonor on you (Mjoll), dishonor on your family (Seirath), dishonor on your cow (Bulrok)"
    Tetchta
  • $19... Maybe I should stop playing this game XD
    TetchtaXeniaZeheia
  • $17.50 is Xenia's

• $4.00 for Nisavi.
    Taiyang
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Roux said:
    $19... Maybe I should stop playing this game XD
    God same. $19.00 exactly

I kinda ran out of steam writing up the list, if anyone thinks of some more stuff I'll keep it updated.
    I'd say we could add more to the "antagonism" section but that'd be a blatant attempt by me to get more Aetolia Bux.

Sryaen
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    $18.25. It took me a moment to realize that the age part was cumulative so this makes more sense.
  • MoxieMoxie USA
    edited December 2020
    $15.75 - I just need to be married two more times and have a three way.

(Illuminai): Saltz says, "Moxie is just doing the Moxie thing to do, often misinterpreted."

(Tells): Sir Iames Gallant, the Executioner tells you, "The one Illuminai beyond prayer, I swear."

Valingar: "How could a daughter of me, the most noble man in the south, be so heartless?"

(Tells): Haven Locke, Illuminai Khimaira tells you, "Be that as it may, I've also seen the strength in you. You can take care of yourself."
    VharenEorosLinHavenIllikaal
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited December 2020
    IDK if I did it right I got 22.25....
    Edit: No I quit playing! Leave me alone! edit2:nah checked my math if anything I prob owe myself a little more but I don't wanna get greedy.... I was TECHNICALLY the last member of a guild...
    HavenMoxie
  • IllikaalIllikaal Pray Area
    edited December 2020
    $18 even, and lets just say I haven't held many leadership positions or been Shadow/Sired. o:)

Edit: Also some of those questions are SUSPISCIOUSLY specific.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    HavenEorosArchelausBulrokLin
  • RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    I found this particularly interesting considering how long I've been playing, but $7.50.

I would say $9.50 since Rhyot was one of the last Bloodborn and RP wise, I play him as such too, but Bloodborn doesn't mechanically exist in the game... so I'm not sure if that would still be considered as holding an unattainable class. I'll leave that up to the public.

• RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Added $1.75 off the new stuff to bring Rij up to a cool $10, and also counted all my god relics. I have... Several.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
    edited December 2020
    Tetchta said:

Good lord $13.25.

Well, now we're up to a whopping $16.75 yikes.

Really like the color coding now btw, made it really easy to find the new entries.

edit: small note, I'm pretty sure unattainable classes have been utterly deleted from the game and NOBODY has them anymore. I could be wrong, though. Still think you should get $2 if you had Priest tbh.

• edited January 2021
    8.75 and my character just turned 20 a little while ago. Yeehaw

***Bumped up to 11.25 now
  • SaritaSarita Empress of Bahir'an The Pillars of the Earth
    That brought Sarita up to $21.75.
  • Looks like I am at $24.50
  • $3
    $0.25: Your character bears some minor curio or other trinket linked to a God. (star tattoo)
    $0.25: Your character has contracted a disease. (latest event)
    $0.25: You have been in more than one guild. (Dominion, Illuminai)
    $0.25: You have been in more than one city. (Bloodloch, Enorian)
    $0.50: You have been in more than one tether.
    $0.25: Your character has organized and thrown a party. (It didn't go well, but one person showed up)
    $0.50: You have friends who don't play Aetolia who know all about your character and their escapades because you won't shut up about it. (They also know Omei's name <_<)
    $0.75: You, the player, have found aspects of your character's personality beginning to rub off on you in real life. (It's hard not to be happy when your character is) </p>
    Lin
  • Well then. I came out to €17.22

• TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    edited January 2021
    Honestly thought I'd be worth more. $11.25
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• 17.50 on a retired character