Old Paladin Stories - Help Required

BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
edited May 2020 in Harpy's Head Tavern
I'm looking to speak with any super old Paladins that will remember stuff that happened in the original Paladin guild - particularly pertaining to Syvelium (who I believe was around as an NPC for a while until he became Arions mortal shell). We don't need anything about Hadoryu's desk because we all know about that sordid mark upon the Paladin legacy.

BlancheIllikaal

Comments

• KarhastKarhast Enorian
    It's a bit of a roundabout matter, but Illuminai can access both Daru and Luminary newsposts by grabbing the IRE app and looking at, well, the news. You could see if the same works for Templars and Paladins.
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I've been through the news posts for the most part. But there's a lot of stuff that simply wasn't documented at the time, or stories that weren't deemed newsworthy.
  • KarhastKarhast Enorian
    Alright, hope you find what you're after then.
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited May 2020
    I'll hook you up with what I've got, @Benedicto. I just have to dig through my treasure trove of logs. They are... somewhere!

Edit: Found, but it will take time to sort through this:
    Folder name: Aetolia 2006 - 88 files 32.6 MB
    Folder name: Aetolia 2007 - 392 files 655 MB
    Folder name: Aetolia 2008 - 214 files 118 MB
    Folder name: Aetolia 2009 - 209 files 104 MB
    Folder name: Other logs - 119 files 18.5 MB

BenedictoHavenDrystin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    How did you drag it all the way to Polyargos that one time?
  • It was shipped in advance, rose petals and all.

That aside, @Benedicto , if you'd like to ask about anything specific or anything I might have a log of, feel free. It's been like almost two decades, but I can try to recall or find whatever.

If you're just interested in Syvelium, I'll broadly say this: He was the guild tutor and had very little actual personality other than Paladin Man. He got possessed and used to advance guild events on far between occasions and I have doubts there were great notes kept on the NPC, because he was mostly inconsistent between those. I think I recall a kerfluffle with Koron at one point with Arion strongarming the guild into something and basically using Syvelium as a mouthpiece to try to shame leadership into doing things his way.

I assume you still have access to guild posts (though it may well be that moving to Templars those got wiped, I have no idea) and event posts and I think those are your best source for ancient lore. There was also a book in the Paladin library called something like "Syvelium's tale," which was basically the origin story of the paladins prior to the three brothers stuff (was that a retcon? I forget). I think that book is basically the most Syvelium lore in one single source.

Cheers.
  • Hadoryu bro, come back.

Also, it sucks because I was there when Syvelium turned into a shell, but I can't remember for the life of me the actual details of what happened given that it was probably something like 12 years ago. Doesn't help that I lost most of my logs when my laptop got stolen yoinks ago. :(
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I've sent the complete log of that event to Bene already. The event in book form actually captures it all pretty well, I think. 

HadoryuBenedicto
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    If you do get the opportunity to log in, have a look at the Templar tome that's now next to the shield wall in the Assembly Hall. It's got details on Syvelium, Yanda and Ta'lionu (though this one is a bit sparse at the moment) and guest starring the legend that is Sir Franzis Hoss.
    Hadoryu
  • Ask and ye shall receive.
    I'll have to log on to Valenae soon.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."