Please respect one another and quarantine.

Today was the day I found out I was exposed to Covid-19.

I was helping an elderly lady load her groceries in the elevator after her bag broke, I thought helping her was the right thing to do. After the elevator stopped on her floor I was notified that she was exposed to Covid-19 by her son that was confirmed to have it.

Five days later I find out she tested positive and is on a respirator.

Now I await my own test and isolation for 2 weeks.

Please...PLEASE be responsible and stay home.

I do not write this post for any sympathy, I write it as a person who took the precautions and still managed to be a potential infected person. Please just follow rules, stay home, and stay safe.

Think about others, before we as humans decide to selfishly help ourselves.

This is the end of my Ted Talk....you will be seeing Oonagh in game alot the next couple weeks I imagine...
DristinRhineRebra

Comments

• RhyotRhyot Bloodloch
    So what you're saying is..... don't be nice to old people and just look after ourselves. Got it.

On a real note: Really hope you're ok and that you don't suffer any negative adverse reactions during this very trying time. I think I speak for everyone what I say that our thoughts, prayers, and wishes are with you and your family.

TekiasOonaghDristinZailaRhineDrystinKatie
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Seconding Rhyot's real note.

signed, someone who is declared 'essential' and has to expose himself to people not understanding what 'essential service' means and sees his workplace as a place to 'get out of the house a while, stretch their legs, browse and meet with friends during quarantine'.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Oonagh
  • edited April 2020
    Tekias said:

Seconding Rhyot's real note.

signed, someone who is declared 'essential' and has to expose himself to people not understanding what 'essential service' means

We carry around a big thing of industrial-grade sanitiser that burns your skin if it makes contact enough. We found pointing that at people who want to be dicks, to be a good enough deterrent. Fortunately there isn't many where I live.

OonaghZailaSeraphina
  • I will add this happened at work, as I work in transitional housing for people who struggle with addiction or have long term homelessness.
    Alot of them do not understand the structure/importance of rules.

I know she did not have any intention of putting me at risk, its just a difference between social ability and education.

Am I upset...yes, but on the other hand, what can you do aside from educate.

I live and work in the same building, myself and my employees all knew it was a matter of time, at least they got to see their boss be the first bird shot down.
  • My girlfriend got tested for the virus April 2. The test came back inconclusive, but she's not doing well. She has a family history of congestive heart failure. She has light asthma. Her chest pain is so bad that she can't lie down flat to go to sleep, and her legs are swollen.

Her local hospital is notoriously bad and has a tendency to get people out as quickly as possible. They gave her access to her EKG, and she didn't like what she saw. She's a nurse, so she knows how to read them.

She's going to stay with me for a while, with access to much better hospitals. I'll be taking care of her, so my time in the game is going to be scarce.

We were in close contact the day she started feeling chest pain, so if she does have the virus, then I've been exposed for over a week now. I'm still not showing any symptoms, so we'll see what happens. I'm not worried about myself, I don't have any underlying health problems.

I'll check in every once in a while. Stay safe.
    OonaghZailaRhineSarita
  • Fezzix said:

My girlfriend got tested for the virus April 2. The test came back inconclusive, but she's not doing well. She has a family history of congestive heart failure. She has light asthma. Her chest pain is so bad that she can't lie down flat to go to sleep, and her legs are swollen.

Her local hospital is notoriously bad and has a tendency to get people out as quickly as possible. They gave her access to her EKG, and she didn't like what she saw. She's a nurse, so she knows how to read them.

She's going to stay with me for a while, with access to much better hospitals. I'll be taking care of her, so my time in the game is going to be scarce.

We were in close contact the day she started feeling chest pain, so if she does have the virus, then I've been exposed for over a week now. I'm still not showing any symptoms, so we'll see what happens. I'm not worried about myself, I don't have any underlying health problems.

Be safe Fezz, ill send the good juju your way!
    RebraSeurimas
  • edited April 2020
    Fezzix said:

My girlfriend got tested for the virus April 2. The test came back inconclusive, but she's not doing well. She has a family history of congestive heart failure. She has light asthma. Her chest pain is so bad that she can't lie down flat to go to sleep, and her legs are swollen.

Stay safe, @Fezzix. Please please take care, and stay connected with her doctor / the hospitals. Many states are ramping up their testing and treatment capacity now, so if you're worried, either for her or yourself, please call and ask. Thinking of you, and let me know if there's anything I can do for you, being a medical professional (though not at the front lines at this time).
    Some lovely images of Rebra by @Konnorn, Acaisha Buffo, and @Eleanor respectively!

Rebra chibi
    Rebra
    Callidora and Rebra
  • Here in Spain we've been quarantined for a while now, and we will continue to be until April 26th, at least, and I'm slowly going nuts only going to work, and going with lots of stress.
    Today after a very bad 24-hour shift at the hospital I work at, I went shopping for groceries and almost had a meltdown; the place was packed, no distancing, and people were buying stuff for the upcoming festivities, not just essentials. Not only did it make me anxious, but it pissed me off, and I couldn't shake the feeling off that all those people are just another whole lot of cases waiting to happen.
    Please stay at home.
    Signed,
    Stressed healthcare workers everywhere.
    KerocRebraRhine
  • Aymah said:

Signed,
    Stressed healthcare workers everywhere.

I'm not healthcare, but still an 'essential' worker ... Yeah, it's not just healthcare workers getting stressed at this point. Six of us were having a meeting in the parking lot of where we work this morning (so that customers etc could use the building / other staff could stay in the back without us interfering). Even observing the whole "2-meter distance" rule while we were...

Had no less than 3 different cars all drive past, shouting shit at us and hurling insults about how we need to stay home etc... Apparently the work uniforms/boots, PPE masks/gloves, hi-vis jackets etc didn't clue them in to the fact we worked there. Far from the first time it's happened, either. I hope the irony wasn't lost, at least, given that they were well ... Not staying home ...

yawn
    Moxie