Ankyrean Anguish - Aetolia-based RAGE

Comments

• OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Okay, I checked just to be extra super duper sure. Damariel didn't take any action to modify his temple or prevent player action.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    IshinBufordNaestyriaElie
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    how did wormholes bug?
  • Works really well, @lim, until you realize that there are always going to be more evil players than good, and evil is where most of the PKers are going to go, and so you're pretty much positioning the entire game so that good guys have to play submissive.

Those rose tinted glasses, though.
    Naestyria
  • IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Aarbrok said:

My god @Lim, someone pretty much give this guy a cookie, where is @Ere when I need them.

Trufax. Me and Aarb agreeing. World ending in 10...
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Kraz
    Rashar said:

Works really well, @lim, until you realize that there are always going to be more evil players than good, and evil is where most of the PKers are going to go, and so you're pretty much positioning the entire game so that good guys have to play submissive.

False! Duiran whooped the shit outta loch and spines during the last war there ever was
    KrazIshinAarbrok
  • Jensen said:

Dam shouted that we could do what we want but if we did a sermon he'd kill us all.

Damnit, you guys should've done it anyway. I would've liked to see Damariel's reaction.

/tangent
    Ishin
  • Jensen said:

False! Duiran whooped the shit outta loch and spines during the last war there ever was

Druids + Sentinels + thornspray/mobile groves + Incinerate.

Whole entire rooms of darkies were cleared out in -seconds-.

Even had contests to see who could catapult someone the furthest. There were chains from Loch to Eno and Duiran and god knows where else. And all of the major pathing areas were covered in clothesline traps.

Great fun to be had by...tree huggers.
    Ishin
    You feel a tremour through the ether that indicates that your focus has found its target

Trying to wormhole outta dams temple, I got ^ that line literally 6 times. I counted. All the while the Syssin on the other end was like wtf did you do it yet. Then 10 minutes later it skips all the middle lines and completes.
  • Rashar said:

Works really well, @lim, until you realize that there are always going to be more evil players than good, and evil is where most of the PKers are going to go, and so you're pretty much positioning the entire game so that good guys have to play submissive.

Well, to be frank, I'm slowly seeing Light side PvP might growing, and I'm looking forward to the odds being evened up. I'm p sure any Darkie worth a damn is going to grow bored of bashing non-coms, and will welcome the competition.

I'm also waiting for the day Enorian gets its real evil on, moves on from zealot rhetoric into zealot action. I'm waiting for the day Enorian starts kidnapping undead and perform experiments on them till each one of their victims regret the day they chose to never die. When that day happens, we'll see if evil players are going to want to play on the Dark side or Light side.
    Haven
    Kraz said:

Jensen said:

Druids + Sentinels + thornspray/mobile groves + Incinerate.

Whole entire rooms of darkies were cleared out in -seconds-.

Even had contests to see who could catapult someone the furthest. There were chains from Loch to Eno and Duiran and god knows where else. And all of the major pathing areas were covered in clothesline traps.

Great fun to be had by...tree huggers.
    Quickfoot Sentinel days. We cleaned house
    Kraz
    Lim said:

Rashar said:

Well, to be frank, I'm slowly seeing Light side PvP might growing, and I'm looking forward to the odds being evened up. I'm p sure any Darkie worth a damn is going to grow bored of bashing non-coms, and will welcome the competition.

I'm also waiting for the day Enorian gets its real evil on, moves on from zealot rhetoric into zealot action. I'm waiting for the day Enorian starts kidnapping undead and perform experiments on them till each one of their victims regret the day they chose to never die. When that day happens, we'll see if evil players are going to want to play on the Dark side or Light side.
    Trufax. I sincerely miss the days when lifers had Lanira and company, and they'd be trying to camp outside mah Spinesreach and siege us with troops while I was evading and commanding troops and wielding my banner instead of my shield and being all 00Syssin all over the place. :(
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Jensen said:

You feel a tremour through the ether that indicates that your focus has found its target

Trying to wormhole outta dams temple, I got ^ that line literally 6 times. I counted. All the while the Syssin on the other end was like wtf did you do it yet. Then 10 minutes later it skips all the middle lines and completes.

I can paste wormhole code if you're skeptical at this answer, but there's nothing Damariel could do to block splicing. There's no option in the code of any kind to block splicing based on room conditions once you've received the message you pasted above. So to be honest with you, I genuinely don't know what happened.
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Elie
  • edited September 2014
    Everyone is saying the Order War was really the only option to strike back at Damariel. Just going to point out that Order Wars aren't actually a way to strike back against the God as it's just a war of mortals.

Like Dam posted, He gives no unicorns if there is an order war, he's washed his hands clean of the situation. What's happening is a mechanic is used that noone likes under the guise of striking back at a God who is unaffected by said mechanism. What it will make is the people in his Order not log in for a week which is the opposite of a engaging and interactive solution.

Hate the God, attack his temple, tear it to the ground. Use that uber-catapult thing you stole from Enorian and bomb that House of Damariel to the ground or something.

Politics
    @Oleis @Jensen - probably just a bug since the area of his temple is mobile, I believe. Sounds plausible to me, at least. That or it's some kinda weird side-effect of that auction-arti that someone mentioned that stops portals in/out of an area.
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
    Weird, I'm going to blame ghosts. goddamn ghosts. Anywho fun raid, sorry if I came off as heated. I'm not. night :smiley: !
    KrazIshin
    Catapult won't work that way. To hurt his temple you'd need an admin to run an event. You can kill his priest, but I dont think he cares. Stop roping back in. This argument is going to loop back to the last two pages again. GOODNIGHT!!!
    Kraz
  • edited September 2014
    Getting a event done was what I was trying to say. It's not instant gratification but it'll be more gratifying if/when it does happen. Pretty much the only way mortals could stirke effectively at a God would be RP initiated then mechanically.

Politics
  • "Its simple. We kill the Truthman." "You mean like Arion and Lanos?" "Precisely...we summon some creature from the abyss to punch him out of time and space!" "...but wouldn't a new one show up" "...oh just shut up."

I would pay to see that conversation go down...
  • After starting and deleting several posts, I decided I have nothing productive to say.
  • @Kraz: Strike =/= Kill

Politics
  • I'm aware, but it seems to be a theme with the Lord of Truth/Valor. Things get right good and ready to go and he gets offed protecting people.
    IshinXenia
  • TragerTrager Raiding your underwear drawer.
    @‌Jensen
    Uh.. I've made quite a few wormholes in my time. They have -never- been instant in any one that I make. They give that message as it is being performed. I was of the thought that they took a good bit of time, and are far from instant. Just experience, I guess.

So basically today's ranting was utterly pointless. Damariel didn't screw with mechanics (See back to last page, where I mention there are definitely artifacts in play right now that give entire areas monoliths), wormholes have always taken a long time to complete...

Wow, that word-vomit today, tho.
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's go-... Oh.

XeniaElie
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Someone really blew up the rage thread over night.
    I just have one thing to chip in, and it's sort of an "I told you so". When the Goddess Iosyne changed into what she is now, I made an effort to say that it would most likely draw just about every good PKer into the Order and make things very unbalanced in regards to religious conflict. Of course PKers will always enjoy PK, so when a Holywar is suggested or remotely possible, they will cheer and feel the game is turning into something fun. Of course, they are very likely going to win, because they have the stomping power.

What I don't understand, however, are these turns of events:
    Enorian has policies Spinesreach dislikes.
    Spinesreach raids Enorian to make them change their stance.
    They use holy ground connected to Damariel in the process.
    Damariel objects and pushes back.
    Iosyne declares Holywar on Damariel.

Yes, Holywar is the only -mechanic- to go against a Divine, but where in the world did Iosyne get involved in all of this? Isn't Maghak Spinesreach's Patron? Shouldn't the Spirean people be the ones going against the God, if anything?

What I mean is, just because it's the only mechanic to go against a God that is readily available at the time it doesn't mean you should use it because you can.

Sorry if I brought things back to life again, after things seemingly going to rest. I blame it on being European and in a different timezone.

XeniaAreka
  • @xenia had a good point that I've brought up before.

You don't have to declare a holy war to hurt a God, if destroying shrines is what you're after. You can have lots of good conflict and fights over just some regular defiling. And when it gets lame, you can stop. @ezalor has done it. @ashmer has done it. It makes sense.

And if, like @jensen said, you don't want to go that route because you don't want to waste time defiling or get a PK aura? Well, then. Guess it isn't that important to you.
  • AlexinaAlexina the Haunted Soul
    I disagree with the notion that Divine Order = Divine = City. Regardless of what happened, Moirean is a member of Iosyne's order and her declaring war on whatever other Order doesn't mean that she can not uphold her responsibilities/duties/loyalties to her city at the same time.

If the Spirean people feel like she is out of place, they will probably do something about it.
    Ishin
    Trager said:

@‌Jensen
    Uh.. I've made quite a few wormholes in my time. They have -never- been instant in any one that I make. They give that message as it is being performed. I was of the thought that they took a good bit of time, and are far from instant. Just experience, I guess.

So basically today's ranting was utterly pointless. Damariel didn't screw with mechanics (See back to last page, where I mention there are definitely artifacts in play right now that give entire areas monoliths), wormholes have always taken a long time to complete...

Wow, that word-vomit today, tho.

I don't think you read what I wrote. It just kept repeating the first line on my end, didn't notify the person on the other end and then ten actual minutes later it just finished. It skipped all progress notification lines in between.
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    Oleis said:

I get that you're fighting back against a god within your mechanical capabilities. Okay, sure. But you're fighting back against a god for defending his one sacred place. The one place in which he is allowed (however OOC that allowance is) to do whatever he wants to you.

You're very good at using your character's personality traits to justify your (the player's) conscious decisions, but you're wholeheartedly unwilling to look at the reverse, and acknowledge that you're playing against an opponent whose out-of-character responsibilities completely control his in-character actions. Starting a Holy War against a god who removed you from his temple is a bit like stealing a kid's candy and then beating him up every afternoon for daring to complain.

It was irresponsible for the temple to be there in the first place - it was a vulnerable, extra exit to the city, with no guard stack defending it. It's frustrating and feels unfair that Enorian gets a free pass and handheld out of not knowing how to do integral city leadership duties. This is why I'm upset. We did what we could to punish them and highlight their weaknesses and it feels like the admin intervened to bail them out. The response wasn't RPd, it was just a flip of a switch mechanical response to stop us from beating Enorian up, because Enorian was failing at stopping us themselves.
    ArekaSarkisNaestyriaGwenith
  • MoireanMoirean Chairmander Portland
    edited September 2014
    Oleis said:

Okay, I checked just to be extra super duper sure. Damariel didn't take any action to modify his temple or prevent player action.

Within a 30 second window, Damariel's priest started yelling at us, Damariel hit people blocking exits as he tried to move through the room while hidden, and wormholes and portals stopped working. If that was not Damariel changing room flags (and I think it's pretty understandable for me to have made that assumption from those circumstances), what was it?
    DaegonArekaSarkis
This discussion has been closed.