Recipes!

2»

Comments

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    :D The cake made me smile.
    Back when I was younger my grandmother used to send me those every holiday, the dry mix in a mug with a little note that said I cant make the cake in person, but know I packed the ingredients with love.

I dunno, cheesy heartwarming memories :)
    ValenaeHaydynHavenSlyphe
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.
    edited March 2013
    -Pizza Casserole Thing Found on Pinterest and Modified for the Lazy-

1. can of big biscuits (2 cans of cheap small ones)
    2. Jar or can of pizza sauce
    3. Cheese. Lots of cheese. (Parmesan shakey cheese, mozzarella, etc.)
    4. Whatever toppings you like on a pizza (I just used pepperoni).
    5. pizza spices if you have them. (oregano . . or you know, whatever is in the 'pizza spices' jar I have)

Cut all the biscuits into 1/4ths. Shove them into a plastic bag that has enough room to shake them in.
    Add copious amounts of parmesan and your spices.Shake a bit to cover. Add the jar of pizza sauce, cover all the dough chunks.
    Pour half the bag into a casserole dish. Chuck in a lot of cheese and your preferred toppings.
    Add the rest of the bag of dough and sauce. Add more cheese.

Bake about a half hour, or until the biscuit chunks aren't squishy and the top is brown and delicious.

****NOTE****
    Line your dish with tin foil. You'll thank me.

HaydynValenae
  • edited March 2013
    White Chicken Enchiladas

8 flour tortillas 
    2 cups cooked, shredded chicken (I used half of a rotisserie chicken)
    2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese (We used Colby Jack)
    3 Tbsp butter 
    3 Tbsp flour 
    2 cups chicken broth 
    1 cup sour cream 
    1 (4 oz) can diced green chilies 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

Spray a 9x13 pan with cooking spray. Mix chicken and 1 cup cheese. Roll up in tortillas and place in pan seam side down. 

In a small sauce pan over medium heat, melt butter. Whisk in flour and cook 1 minute. Add broth and whisk until smooth. Allow sauce to thicken. Remove from heat and stir in sour cream and chilies.

Pour sauce over enchiladas and top with remaining cheese. Bake 20-25 minutes and then broil for a few minutes to brown the cheese.

Before:
    [spoiler]image
    [/spoiler]

After:
    [spoiler]image
    [/spoiler]
    imageimage
    Moirean
  • MarienaMariena By a lake.

Ingredients

• 3.5 cups flour
    • 1 tsp baking powder
    • 1.5 cups salted butter softened
    • 1 cup sugar
    • 1 egg
    • 1 tsp vanilla
    • 4 (3 oz) pkg jello You can use any flavors you want

Jello Cookies!

http://www.iheartnaptime.net/jello-cookies/

^This is the recipe from that site. That site has pictures, too. I'll upload my pics of them soon ^^

Instructions

1. Beat butter in large bowl with mixer until creamy. Add sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Blend in egg and vanilla. Mix flour and baking powder in a separate bowl. Gradually beat in flour mixture.
    2. Divide dough into 4 sections. Sprinkle 2 Tb of jello onto each section. Knead together with dough. You may want to add a few drops of food coloring to make the dough more vibrant.
    3. Shape dough into 1-inch balls. Roll in the extra jello from the packets. Place, 2 inches apart, on baking sheets. Flatten with bottom of bowl.
    4. Bake 8 to 10 min at 350 on lined baking sheets. Cool on baking sheets 2 min. Remove to wire racks and cool completely.

Haydyn
  • Mariena said:
    -Pizza Casserole Thing Found on Pinterest and Modified for the Lazy-

1. can of big biscuits (2 cans of cheap small ones)
    2. Jar or can of pizza sauce
    3. Cheese. Lots of cheese. (Parmesan shakey cheese, mozzarella, etc.)
    4. Whatever toppings you like on a pizza (I just used pepperoni).
    5. pizza spices if you have them. (oregano . . or you know, whatever is in the 'pizza spices' jar I have)

Cut all the biscuits into 1/4ths. Shove them into a plastic bag that has enough room to shake them in.
    Add copious amounts of parmesan and your spices.Shake a bit to cover. Add the jar of pizza sauce, cover all the dough chunks.
    Pour half the bag into a casserole dish. Chuck in a lot of cheese and your preferred toppings.
    Add the rest of the bag of dough and sauce. Add more cheese.

Bake about a half hour, or until the biscuit chunks aren't squishy and the top is brown and delicious.

****NOTE****
    Line your dish with tin foil. You'll thank me.
    I used to make these as a kid. :) 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• ArekaAreka Drifting in a sea of wenches' bosoms
    edited April 2013
    I have no pictures yet, but I'll update when I do!

Amish Friendship Bread (omg so good, it's a sweeter bread, the sort that you could eat a slice with a cup of hot tea on a rainy day and feel all amazing). You make extra batter, and are supposed to give some of it to someone else so that they can begin their own. Works best if you print this off, so you can tally/write dates for the day count.

Here is a pastebin of the recipe/instructions: http://pastebin.com/gAvRxCKb

MoireanHaydynValenae
  • I wanted to take something to my boyfriend's grandmother's birthday party and found this recipe for Chocolate Chip Cupcakes online and they turned out pretty swell! 

Ignore the poor quality - I had been baking so long that I couldn't be assed with taking a decent one. >.>

CHOCOLATE CHIP CUPCAKES 

Cooking time is around two hours. 

(Makes 28)

1 3/4 cups cake flour
    1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 Tbsp baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
    1 3/4 cups sugar
    1 cup plus 2 Tbsp milk
    4 egg whites plus 1 whole egg
    1 Tbsp vanilla
    2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

3 cans of Cupcake Spray Icing

Sprinkles (optional)

Extra chocolate chips as garnish (optional)

1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line muffin pans with cupcake liners.
    2. In medium bowl combine flours, baking powder and salt and mix until well combined, set aside.
    3. Combine milk and vanilla, set aside.
    4. In bowl of stand mixer beat butter and sugar on medium speed until light and fluffy.
    5. Add eggs and beat, scraping sides of bowl until well combined.
    6. Gradually add in dry ingredients alternating with wet ingredients and mix well, scrape sides of bowl as necessary.
    7. Pour in chocolate chips while slowly stirring the batter with your choice of utensil though a wooden spoon or spatula tend to have the best results. 
    8. Fill cupcake liners 2/3 full with batter.
    9. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
    10. Let cupcakes cool in pans for 5 minutes, then remove them and put them on a plate and take them to the fridge to finish cooling. 
    11. After about 10 minutes take the cupcakes from the fridge and get your spray icing. Select the 'star' tip and turn the cupcake in your hand with decorating the outer rim and working your way in. Make sure not to leave any visible holes. 
    12. Sprinkle the sprinkles onto the cupcake. 
    13. Add a chocolate chip in the middle as garnish 
    Note: For those new to icing multiple batches of cupcakes it helps to decorate one batch while the other is the oven. Once you're done icing the cupcakes put the plate in the fridge to let the icing harden, then take out the next batch from the oven and let cool while you fill the next cupcake sheet. Take the unfrosted cupcakes out of the fridge and decorate them, put them back when they're done etc etc. It will help you save time and just be more efficient in general and there's nothing wrong with efficiently. 

Enjoy :) 

"To be awkward or unkempt, to talk or move wrongly is to be a dangerous giant, a destroyer of worlds...any accurately improper move can poke through the thin sleeve of immediate reality." - Erving Goffman

• AarbrokAarbrok Breaking things...For Science San Diego, CA
    Well let us Necro an old thread cause im proud of this one...

2 1/2 cups Pastry Flour sifted
    Heaping 1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 cup (1 3/4 ounces) sugar
    2 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
    6 tablespoons (3 ounces) unsalted butter, cut into pats
    3/4 cup (6 ounces) cream–half and half, light, heavy, or whipping (I used Buttermilk cause it reminds me of biscuits grandma made)
    2 large eggs
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    1 1/2 cups to 2 cups chocolate chips (I used trader joes semi-sweet) Preheat the oven to 400°F. Lightly grease (or line with parchment) a baking sheet.

In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, salt, sugar, and baking powder till thoroughly combined. Add the butter, working it in until the mixture is unevenly crumbly.

Whisk together the cream , eggs, and vanilla. Set aside 2 tablespoons, and add the rest to the dry ingredients, along with the chocolate chips. Mix to form a moist dough.

The dough will be sticky!! Take a heaping spoonful and drop it on top of a foiled pan, I mean you can use a cutter if you want pretty scones, but I mean then they look like they arent as awesome. Brush the dough with the reserved egg/cream mixture, and sprinkle heavily with coarse sugar.

Bake the scones for 20 minutes, until they’re golden brown. Remove them from the oven, and serve warm. If not serving immediately or within a couple of hours, store in an airtight container. To reheat, wrap loosely in aluminum foil, and bake in a preheated 350°F oven for about 10 minutes. Yield: 16 to 18 3" scones (depending on the amount of chips you use).
    Man, @Valenae, I wish I could pipe icing like that. I start, make a big mess of it, then say eff it and just splat it on with a spoon and knife.
    Aryanne
  • edited May 2014
    These particular ones were with canned icing so I can't take any credit for there. :3 I was lazy that day.

I cannot even make those function properly. Nor whipped cream, though a different problem, that always ends up in my mouth instead of on the dessert.

I'll have to try those, @aarbrok, I'm a sucker for a good scone. Little pastry shop by the folks' place has the best orange scones ever.
    ValenaeAryanne
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited May 2014
    Snickers salad!

Like 4 snickers bars or more, use as many as you want, I'm not your Mom. But chop them up into bite sized pieces and put them in like a bowl or something. Let's say a medium or large bowl. Size matters, but only until it's big enough, then it starts to just look strange. Don't make it in like a barrel.

At least like 6-8 CRISP apples, sour ones work best for flavor profile.. Granny Smith, Cripps Pink. You could get away with Fuji or something else suitably crunchy, but tart apples not only taste better but tend to resist browning more. B.b.b..ut it's terrible with even slightly mealy or creamier apples, If you used Golden Delicious I'd think you were a monster. I mean if you like to peel apples go to town, but I for one think you're a fool. The extra bit of crunch and color makes for fun party times. Again, bite sized chunks. I don't know how big your mouth is, so make up your own mind.

A whole goddamn package of coolwhip (They come in 500ml here!) mixed with a package of vanilla jello pudding powder (Optionally mix in a small can of condensed milk as well! Follow your heart really.) It tends to make it set up thicker with the condensed milk. Be a bit richer.

Some people like to use grapes too. Or other random junk. Don't let me control your life.

Basically mix all of the above together and then wait a while, I don't know, if you're in a hurry just get all up on it I'm not a doctor and I can't prescribe what you should do, but the cool whip mixture will get much thicker and almost mousse like if you let it sit for longer, makes it taste better and be a much more enjoyable sensation in the mouth region, and some of the caramel starts to sort of leak out of the bars just a tad which isn't a bad thing exactly.

There can be some tooling with the ratios here. Maybe you want more apples or different fruit or some other chocolate bar because you hate peanuts more than you love life. I don't have a picture, I could google for one but I wouldn't want to take that away from you. But let me tell you this stuff is great. In naughtiest times it works as like a dessert side dish for other desserts which essentially instantly gives you blood sugar problems.

I'm out of here!
    AarbrokValenaeSlypheValingar
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    edited May 2014
    I love you Aish.

In other news, here's an imgur with microwave things.

http://imgur.com/a/TFAjc?gallery

AishiaSlypheFerrik