Winter Feasts Are Coming

2»

Comments

• TozToz Posts: 2,169Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't have a goal weight, but I got some weights over Christmas (and probably just regular weight gain too...) and I've been told by @Rijetta to aim for 225 bench at some point somewhere way in the future. I'm at about 100 right now, and it's gonna be a nice slow push towards any more weight than that, I suspect.

I lift every Mon/Wed/Fri doing general stuff, and might update my routine as time goes, but for now it's just squats, bench, alternate military press and dead lift.
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

Nola
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimePosts: 289Member ✭✭✭✭
    Yearly Wrap-Up!

Weight: 185.5

Downside of the week: Overall, I really had a nice last week!

Upside of the week: For having two big feast holidays under my belt, I'm pretty much where I was last week, and that's great!

Mental/psychological check in: Have a bit extra of that frustrating "existential crisis, why try so hard to marginally extend life when you're just going to eventually due" issue lately, but I think I tend to have this problem when I'm cooped up more and winter creates a lot of that. Ultimately, I know I want to exist as long as possible.

Status of last week's goal: I did good! I Lunch was fruit and veggies!

Goal for next week: New year! New week! Got to keep it up! Lots of vegetables, not lots of chips and junk food!
  • NolaNola Posts: 679Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't gained and I haven't lost, and my legs are maintaining a decent tone, so I'm not entirely unhappy with where I am. But I have goals - perhaps too many. I always overdo my expectations.

Speaking of expectations, I've been struggling with that a lot, and my bad feels haven't gotten any better. I'd say they've gotten worse, so if you don't see much of me or hear much from me in the next few weeks, I'm trying to put myself back together and I'm afraid I don't have time or energy for much else. Everything is difficult.

I'm excited about the potential of the new year, and my present state of mind isn't diminishing that hope, but it's leaving me all sorts of edgy lately. So I'll check in as I can. I'm hoping the end of the first week of 2018 will be on a good note.
    Zaila
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,867Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Holiday is over, vacation of indulgance as well, and I've gained one kilo. It's not much, and should be possible to get rid of quite easily once I get started for real.

From looking at some of the not-so-flattering pictures from my vacation, I realized I need to do something about this floppy stomach of mine, so I have decided to start on a personalized 60-day ab/leg-challenge, which will be combined with swimming twice a week, hopefully.

Just to explain:
    - crunch means lower back remains against floor, not quite as far up as a sit-up.
    - squats go down to 90-degree angle at knee, straight back.

I have done this before, so I know I can manage it. If anyone would like to join in, I am starting this up tomorrow.

Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimePosts: 289Member ✭✭✭✭
    Weight: 184.5

Downside of the week: Last week, our bookkeeper messed up and forgot to hit "go" on our paychecks getting direct deposited and instead we had to get paper checks (not a big deal, but slightly inconvenient) and she felt really really bad, so she brought in two dozen, really good doughnuts. There are only 7 people here and I am weak: I ate, like. 3 doughnuts. :(

Upside of the week: I did go on one walk, which is more than no walks? I started having a small breakfast <400 calories, and that very much helped me get through the day without feeling like I was dying of hunger at lunch or when I got home.

Mental/psychological check in: The weather has been very.. well.. PNW winter, and I think that's been getting to me more this year. It is supposed to be sunny all day today, though, so I am looking forward to soaking up those sweet, sweet rays of joy.

Status of last week's goal: I did terrible. I didn't eat many veggies AT ALL. I am pleased that I still didn't over-eat. I tried to counter my over-indulgence with cutting out cheese (okay, maybe I was just out of cheese and too lazy to buy more. Still counts!)

Goal for next week: So far, so good, really! Keeping up the no-lunch out small breakfast system!
  • TozToz Posts: 2,169Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    3 weeks of @Rijetta 's weird lifting routine and I'm at:

Squat: 190
    Bench: 105
    Dead: 135
    Chest: 75

I've got terrible arms but my legs and back are coming along. 3 days a week lifting, that's a p solid starting point for whatever I'm supposed to do next, IMO!

I still eat like crap, I probably need to start tracking it, but lately when I eat I get sick after so I just eat a meal a day. So I'm probably way under calories anyway.
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

ZailaMarienaTeani
  • TeaniTeani Evening Sky SwedenPosts: 1,867Member ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, work happened, and I feel completely dead because of it. Also, cat watching, and that's a job I take seriously. Meaning, I've been playing and cuddling with cats whenever I've not been working, sleeping or eating. Postponing my ab-challenge until things settle. I swear, these people are trying to work me to death... :frowning:

2»