Townhall Part 1

TiurTiur ProducerMember, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 280 admin
Log here: https://hastebin.com/onizifowac.sql

I am exhausted, so I'll post commentary later. Please feel free to summarize and discuss in this thread. Part 2 will be sometime next week.
RijettaVashKasimirMarienaKalakRhyot

Comments

• RijettaRijetta Nowhere ImportantMember Posts: 49 ✭✭✭
    Thanks!
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • KalakKalak Member Posts: 151 ✭✭✭
    edited August 20
    Been drinking, thus missed this one! Shame on me. Rogueness was my favourite topic.

That said, I would like to answer a certain allegation within that log, which states that Kalak not dealing with the consequences of his actions. Since I was not in Townhall, thought this would be appropriate avenue to chime in response. Having no city advantages, no advancement in an organization, no ylem support, no guild support and less access to general RP avenues are big enough consequences as they are, on top of that being hunted.

The used term "force Kalak to deal with the consequences of his craptastic behavior" made me cringe a little bit. We play a RP game and if you wish to deal with a rogue Sciomancer, do not go to Divine but go to character first. Otherwise it is a show of not taking responsibility for your actions. Sure though, if you intend to RP "We do not negotiate with rogues! We are so great a city! You are trapped, you are gonna die repeatedly!" then eh, that is your choice. It is not like Kalak does things out of context. And I did give ample opportunities to people for exacting retribution. Some managed to take it, some could not. C'est la vie.

Now it would be quite unfortunate if as a player I was forced to act in a certain way which does not fit to the story of the character I am playing. I am forgoing the $$ investment part but what is more important to me is the time investment part. Some may see it differently, but not only your time is precious and full of RP, I would like to state.

For rogues, it is understandable that behaviour will not be encouraged more then it already is. But some questions, perhaps in case I might miss it next time:

- Will you provide Ylem support to the rogues (i.e. Esterport Pylon) or it will remain as a city-only stuff?
    - What do you think about the RP roles of mercenaries, wandering skalds, freeblades, evil mages in towers, barbarians, brigands and such who could be considered as player danger/auxiliaries?
    Post edited by Kalak on
    RhyotLinKanivaraTekias
  • XavinXavin Member Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the past when people have asked about ylem support for rogues, they've been told that loss of ylem support/conflict/abilities was the cost of being unaligned, though that was under Razmael so...who knows, maybe Tiur will have a different stance.

Sure, that is all a rogue provides. Seriously, nothing could be further from the truth.

But seeing the current attitude within some organizations, it makes being a rogue a better option at the face of obnoxious mentality of "My way or highway" pervading the certain parts of the gameworld mostly caused by a select part of playerbase.

Blanket statements like those are not valid. Because you do not care about someone's RP or stance within the gameworld, that does not mean RP does not exist over there. That does not mean rogues disregard the lore or try to be dicks/harmless. They can add plenty of RP to the mix. Sure they will not join your special snowflake org-event, but they can add a lot under other circumstances.

Now no one asked for full-advantages/equality with cities. But it seems more sound to allow all roles within a game while maintaining the overarching battle.
    TekiasKanivaraRunasAniseXiomara
    I do not argue about those comments indeed. But throwing blanket statements like "In the end, a rogue does nothing except cause frustration to all players...." really laughable. Let me burst a bubble, in the end a rogue does not cause frustration to all players. Some players, not ALL players. And even without rogueness, ingame players cause lots of frustration to each other through using game mechanics. So that is kind of natural.
    KanivaraTekiasRunasAnise
    edited August 21
    That is what I was trying to discern, boss. Thank you for the clarification.

Because from some statements, it seemed like there would be actions to take care of rogueness instead of letting them persist. While I would love to have one research tree or at least being able to absorb ylem to aid other cities (i.e gauntlet), ultimately they are of no importance as long as survival chance exist to rogue roles.

And definitely looking forward to Sciomancer revamp!
    Tekias
  • SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I think we're missing the bigger picture here guys. Tiur said he wants to release a spirit class! TETHER WARS! AHHH!!

Lin
  • KelliaraKelliara Member Posts: 469 ✭✭✭✭
    Satomi said:

I think we're missing the bigger picture here guys. Tiur said he wants to release a spirit class! TETHER WARS! AHHH!!

Not going to lie, I'd love to see a stealth-based Spirit class. Like...Throat-cutting for peace and justice! I know Assassination and stuff is really the Syssin's wheelhouse, but I dream of a world of secret wars between the Syssin and Enorian-based assassins, trying to out cutthroat each other.

Aaah...someday.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Chibi-Kelli by @Eleanor.
    VashRunasLin
  • VashVash Member Posts: 114 ✭✭✭
    Kelliara said:

Satomi said:

Not going to lie, I'd love to see a stealth-based Spirit class. Like...Throat-cutting for peace and justice!
    #TeamDawnstriders
    Typically In Game: JST (GMT+9) 6AM-8AM and 6PM-10PM
    EowynRunas
    Slap this on them aaaand we are golden:

We fight in the dark to serve the Light.