Mandatory "What Is Your Character's Alignment?" Poll

edited August 2017 in Harpy's Head Tavern
It seemed to me that the forums have been starving of polls, so we could start with an alignment poll to gauge the Aetolia's D&D alignment!

For those who have no clue at all about what all those options mean, a potentially helpful site:

http://easydamus.com/alignment.html

Let the voting begin!

Comments

• Lawful somethin'.
  • edited August 2017
    There's really only one choice for Kelli.

Edit: I'm also happy to elaborate on this for anyone who doesn't quite agree, or is curious why I think this for Kelli. (Lawful Evil, that is)
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    Vash
  • Xenia tends to be amoral and commit evil for self-serving, but not necessarily malicious purposes. She tends to be motivated by money and power but (generally) eschews motives like revenge or sadism, viewing them as time and energy wasted; that does not mean she'll always, or ever, stop allies, partners or lackeys from indulging in such behavior and she's always prepared to 'kick the dog when it's down' or perform cold-blooded acts as a means to an end.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee

Zaila
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    She protec but she also attac.
  • Aishia said:

She protec but she also attac.

So chaotic, so good!
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight School
    My Atabahi would probably fall on NG and my Shaman on TN. Haven? I'm not so sure where I'd place him now... Maybe Lawful Neutral?
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
  • bug is ebil. bug has (to most ppl) unclear motives and thus seems unpredictable. bug murders pr well, too.

>:3c
    Indoran'i is back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (wolf Howl)
    An Atzob cultist says, "Is a shamatato as tasty as a potato?"
    (Tells): From afar, Mephistoles hisses harshly to you, "Hey baby, show me your ovipositor?"
    The mighty Jy'Barrak Golgotha opens his maw, catches the glowing spear in his many jagged teeth, and chomps down. The Divine spear breaks with a noise like thunder, shards toppling from the Emperor's jaws. "OM NOM NOM!" He declares, then spits the last of the ruined weapon from his lips.

• EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    edited August 2017
    I mean, Eliadon is definitely not a good person. 8)
    VyxsisAryanne
  • Rasani is lawful good, to the point that it can be detrimental. I'm sure as she develops it may shift to more neutral, as we learn more about lore and such, but right now she's a girl scout.
    Aryanne
  • PhoeneciaPhoenecia The Merchant of Esterport Somewhere in Attica
    For Phoe, she tends to waver between Chaotic Good and Chaotic Neutral, but ultimately settled on the former for her general attitude. She's definitely a free spirit, and dislikes most authority, even when she's in such a position herself. And while she does tend towards good more often than not, she can be rather selfish, and will sometimes place blood bonds or close relationship above everything else.
  • QendylQendyl Colorado, USA
    I said True Neutral. Qendyl is still rather new, while at first I was thinking Chaotic neutral, I wouldn't call him chaotic in the true sense. Sometimes he's funny just being stupid or doing random things, but I definitely wouldn't call him chaotic yet. True Neutral for me still leaves a sense of the need to travel more. Open more doors. Right now he doesn't mind most things one way or the other, especially on the topic of alignment.
  • Under the stifling scope of D&D Alignment, Tomi would probably be under Chaotic Neutral, because she just does whatever she feels like, whether it be good or evil. So long as she finds it interesting.

She dips heavily into the territory of Neutral Evil and Chaotic Evil, though, so it's more a blend of CN, NE, and CE than any one.. but I guess Chaotic Neutral takes up the biggest portion.

She just wants to do what she wants, get what she wants, and ignore any rules people set to get it. Maybe eat a person or two.

Vash
  • I used: http://www.wizards.com/dnd/article2.asp?x=dnd/dx20001222x for several characters and the results all sounded pretty darn legit.

Neutral Good definitely seems correct for little bubble of brightness.

Haven
  • AxiusAxius where I am
    Axius does all the stuff he wants for reasons all his own, but he's not above doing acts of kindness. He's not a very good person, but that doesn't mean he can't be a kind person. I mean, if anyone were to actually inspect his RP, there's not only human experimentation, deliberate destruction of sentient life, and genuine brainwashing. Both literal and the act. (He keeps ol' timmy's brain in his cabinet, numerologically kept alive for the sake of testing on it.)

Still doesn't fall towards chaotic because he's not exactly up for anything at any time, as long as it's something he finds fun, but he's not lawful either, because he's willing to step around laws when he feels it's necessary.. I mean, the guy's still holds to the old Cabal habits, safety first, sure, but if you can figure out how to fracture reality? Go ahead. Do it. Don't destroy everyone and everything, but fracture it if ya want.

And while he's not exactly good or neutral, he's still kind of an okay guy... to people he tolerates and people he likes. And then you have people who have earned his respect, begrudgingly or otherwise.
    Vash
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I really like this sort of breakdown of D&D alignments to more practical use outside D&D

Xenia
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Ah man, I'm not a huge fan of D&D Alignment Polls with Aetolia, purely because I think Aetolian characters are a bit more dynamic and fluid. However, if I looked at Seir's overall spectrum through his actions overall as a character, I think he'd be solidly Lawful Evil over the long term. In the later aspects of his life, he'd probably fall under either Chaotic Neutral given his transformation as Seer.

However, reviewing the rest of his life, Seir was without a doubt a giant asshole overall and had no qualms with using people to a political end, utilizing fear, and viewing most as expendable towards his Oath as a Sentinel. If there is a trope for Seir, I do solidly believe it is Noble Demon. He has his own personal code and nothing he does is truly out of malicious intent, as it always is due to (at least in his view) for a purpose greater than himself. Unfortunately, this means that he does things like creating grisly trophies out of people in order to wield fear, to be a bit of a tyrant when it comes to leadership, and he's not above using torture to get what he needs to uphold his Oath. He's a very morally dubious Sentinel.

Granted, that doesn't mean he didn't have standards. Seir would never harm a child, given his own status as a father and events that happened as he grew up. He'd (usually) never lie, as he believed that the truth cut deeper when delivered in a certain way. He also had people in his life that he truly cared for, but I believe that outside of his son, he would sacrifice any and all of them (including himself) if he found it absolutely necessary to uphold his convictions, his oath, and his ideals. This is why he falls under the trope of a Noble Demon, and solidly fulfills Lawful Evil credentials in my eyes.
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I view Tekias as more Lawful Neutral than anything else. As stated in another thread, Neutral tends towards dark/shadow anyway, and I don't see Tek as all out 'rawr evil'. Instead, he'll work with anyone, as long as it furthers the goals, power, or safety of (in priority order) the Sciomancers, Spinesreach, or Sapience, using peaceful and diplomatic ways whenever possible. Master Crystal raids/invasion? He took the initiative to approach the Ascendril, offering aid and assistance since the fates of both guilds were tied, and he'd rather help an enemy than doom himself.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

• JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    I didn't vote since I haven't had hard set goals in a long time, but I more or less view jensen as true neutral that works to attain the goals of the strong leaders he serves. The Haern flair of the ends justify the means have always stuck whether its protecting the wilds forever ago, being the warden of the north, or chakrasuls butcher. Hard to say if Jensen is actually "evil" because I've never really pushed his intentions/motives that hard (though it'd be easy to see his actions and methods as evil, Jensen views them as necessary). I also like to make Jensen very stoic in his actions and purpose.
    TragerRunas
  • RijettaRijetta Nowhere Important
    Probably straddle the line between Lawful Evil and Neutral Evil.
    A low, sultry voice resounds within the depths of your mind, "I look forward to seeing your descent."
  • Paz is probably honestly in the Neutral Good category, but he strives to reach that abject neutrality.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

• AleviAlevi Houston, TX
    Sad there's no "Lawful Scientific" option.
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    Alevi said:

you're looking for lawful neutral (being able to do morally bad things for the greater good, ie run tests or experiments that could impact lasting physical/psychological effects or death that could then save your city/species/realm. Evil being you don't care about the moral consequences of your experiments, only that you wish to see what they do no matter the cost of life (But you do care about the threat to your org)
    HavenZaila
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I was going to go for Neutral Good, but then when I read through the article that Kalak posted, I felt I leaned more towards Chaotic Good.

• IshinIshin Retired Lurker Virginia
    Mm dat chaotic evil doe
    Tell me and I forget, teach me and
    I remember, involve me and I
    learn.
    -Benjamin Franklin
  • Mykellah's always been a woman driven by a need to protect people and do the right thing. Her survivor's guilt might drive her away from that eventually, perhaps, but for right now, she tries to live up to what she always felt a Paladin should be. Course, she's learning a bit that the templars aren't quite the same thing (and ideals and what people actually end up doing aren't, either.)
  • Alevi said:

Neutral Fowl?