Today I Learned

ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
I looked back and tried to find an existing TIL thread, but could only find an OOC one!
I've been playing Aetolia for a decent number of years at this point, but I feel like I still wind up with random little things that I somehow just never knew were out there ALL. THE. TIME. This seemed like a fun place for us to share the things that make us laugh, delighted, alarmned, "OMG, HOW DIDN'T I KNOW?!", or whatever else

So, @seir - thank you for my first!

Usage: CALENDAR NOTE ADD [month] [year]
CALENDAR NOTE LIST
CALENDAR NOTE DESC
CALENDAR NOTE REPEAT
CALENDAR NOTE REMIND <0-5> WEEKS
CALENDAR NOTE REMOVE

I had no idea this was a thing! You can set yourself reminders of upcoming events and birthdays and the game will msg you about it when they're approaching!
PazradymSeirRoxiVyxsisMarienaLinNolaFyrrenNiavex

Comments

• SibattiSibatti Amidst vibrant flora and treesMember Posts: 190 ✭✭✭✭
    omg @Mariena that's going to be so useful, I never knew that either. I always mess myself up using overlapping commodities.
    MarienaJaslineNiavexSeir
  • LinLin SMASHER/DEVOURER MASCHINEKLASTMember Posts: 1,560 mod
    I still see so many of you manually unlocking and opening your doors. Try the autodoors config! Makes shopkeeping a snap.

Usage: CONFIG AUTODOORS <ON/OFF> When this option is turned on, you will automatically attempt to open closed doors as you pass through them. If the door is locked and you have a key, you will unlock it and close/lock it behind you.
    ZailaLeharNolaFyrren
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE Member, Guildmaster Posts: 817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disclaimer: It also makes you a prime target for archivists to blow up.
    imageimage
    Lin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess one thing a lot of people don't realize is like PATH FIND BANK PATH FIND BOUNTIES and crap usually works in cities.

LinFyrren
  • SaritaSarita The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    PATH FIND PYLON, on the other hand, takes you to your own city's pylon from just about anywhere.
    ZailaFyrren
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    You can craft PIPE ORGANS!!

How have I never seen one in game before?! WHY DOESN'T EVERYONE HAVE ONE, THAT IS SO COOL!!! A thousand times cooler than a piano!
  • JearnysJearnys Member Posts: 13
    Today I learned that even at level 80, fully buffed, I can still die to level 40 denizens. ;)

Also, Blackjack! I love blackjack, and just realized I can play in game! This changes EVeRYTHING!
    ZailaNiavex
  • NolaNola Member Posts: 668 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Today I learned that room atmosphere messages are not necessarily room-wide and shared.

Zaila saw the catepillar, but .. I DID NOT.
  • ArbreArbre Arbrelina Jolie Member, Guildmaster Posts: 1,999 mod
    That's something I've always hated - it makes atmos msgs pointless because you can't react to them.
    Zaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific TimeMember Posts: 263 ✭✭✭✭
    That caterpillar didn't want to be seen. He just wanted to VAMOOSE from that dogpile of crazy!
    ( I <3 U )
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Member, Administrator, Immortal Posts: 1,393 admin
    Nola said:
    Today I learned that room atmosphere messages are not necessarily room-wide and shared. Zaila saw the catepillar, but .. I DID NOT.
    The idea here is that it lets us give very specific parameters for those messages, like order membership, race, what have you. But I definitely see your point on these more general messages. 
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    Zaila
  • FezzixFezzix Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Jearnys said:

Today I learned that even at level 80, fully buffed, I can still die to level 40 denizens. ;)

Also, Blackjack! I love blackjack, and just realized I can play in game! This changes EVeRYTHING!

If your system makes you stand every prompt, you'd better pause it.
  • JaymiJaymi Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    KEYS

It shows you who has keys to a door... it's like, it's amazing.

ZailaNiavex
  • FezzixFezzix Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Jaymi said:

KEYS

It shows you who has keys to a door... it's like, it's amazing.

-Fantastic- for stockroom theft. Yup.
    ZailaNiavex
  • SaritaSarita The Pillars of the EarthMember, Guildmaster Posts: 675 ✭✭✭✭
    Maaaaybe that should only work for the shopowner.
    ZailaTeani
  • TrikalTrikal Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    It works for every door ever
  • JaymiJaymi Member Posts: 78 ✭✭✭
    It's great for exploring! Now I can hunt down people and ask them to let me into places! Muahahahah!

Trikal
  • TrikalTrikal Member Posts: 129 ✭✭✭
    Yeah I love it for that.
  • JearnysJearnys Member Posts: 13
    I just learned that warhammer and maul seem to be much easier when Bashing as a Carnifex. I'm also not terribly fond of venoms, so I might stick with blunts. 
  • TedrunaiTedrunai Member, Immortal Posts: 114 Immortal
    Jearnys said:

so I might stick with blunts. 

@Jearnys 4/20 was 3 days ago bruh.
    EmirValainIllidan
  • MelanthaMelantha Member Posts: 112 ✭✭✭
    Today I learned that you can weaponprobe city guards.
    Avatar courtesy of Nola. Thank you!
    ~~

photo SlowPostersClub2-1.jpg

~~
    Always interested in knowing how I'm doing!
    Lin