Mihaketi

This is probably not the best idea, but here we are.
Seir

Comments

• DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    Woof bork!

I haven't had the luxury of witnessing the fishing RP I always hear about, but every minor interaction Dzekk has had with Mihaketi has just been so lighthearted and funny. Not sure if it's your intent, but the character does a damn good job of elevating the mood where they are.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    Mihaketi
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    Woof.

Mihaketi is an interesting take for a character. You've made it a point to try to avoid speaking altogether, and rather try to convey Mihaketi's emotions via emotes or body language. This is generally pretty difficult, but you've established enough of Mihaketi's personality to where it's pretty discernible at times to tell how he's feeling or what he's interested/disinterested in.

I personally love him as a character, merely because Seir knows him, but doesn't fully know him. He's an acquaintance, but one the he still relatively enjoys being around. You're a very interesting take on a Lycanthrope overall and I look forward to future interactions.
    Mihaketi
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    I really like Mihaketi as a character. You play out the emotions so well! Teani considers him a bit of a mystery, possibly having gotten lost in the shift in some way. Not to mention she thinks he's lacking in understanding of what is considered proper, barging into her home through a closed door and what not. >.< Your emote when backing out with the tail between his legs made me want to change my mind.

Mihaketi
  • I'm always sad how quick my interactions with Mr. Wolf are, Miha's a lot of fun to play with and I've enjoyed the short times I've gotten to see him.

Mihaketi
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Hello yes I also RP with this thing once or twice. It was very adequate times. I used some of my best words and they were met with words of similar quality.
    DidiMihaketiNola
  • Woof.

Some characters in this game are self-inserts. Some are tropes. Some are stereotypes. All of these have some human behavior to fall back on, which makes them somewhat easier to play. Mihaketi is an honest-to-goodness wolf more often than not, acting like that even while being his grecht self. I'm genuinely impressed with how well-done it all is, and how good you are at portraying such an alien character.
    MihaketiTeaniTacitus
  • A different kind of character, on all accounts. You really nailed this creature you are portraying. It's certainly what I would consider an entirely new concept of character engagement to experience. There's hardly any communication except for body language and impressions and that alone adds a different measure of interaction to begin with. Cool character, hope to see more.

Mihaketi
  • ErebosErebos Right there! Oh you missed him!
    Agreed. I definitely enjoyed the interaction I had. It's hard to describe how well-done your portrayal is to those who haven't experienced it.

Mihaketi
  • What I can say about Mihaketi, is that they are the first being she has trusted entirely, outside of her family, with her full safety. She knows that she can just flop on them and curl up and nap knowing she will be just fine. Not only that, there is this unusual bond the two have that I just cannot for the life of me explain. But I am glad for it, they both have flaws, but there is no real communication barrier between them. They just kind of understand based off of how the other reacts, or what will likely happen before the reactions come.

That being said I absolutely adore Mihaketi and the player does a phenomenal job portraying Mihaketi to be totally different and sticking with what they want for the character. It takes a lot of time and commitment on the players part to really get the point they are expressing out, and the player does an absolutely brilliant job. I love Mihaketi, and just how adorable the reactions to things Ary does can be. I really regret nothing when it comes to befriending and really having a close relationship for Ary in character.
    TacitusMihaketi
  • I really need to write up more self-affs of my own since replying here is a bit forum-RP-y but all the nice responses have been making my days warm and fuzzy, thanks. <3
    Teani
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    Mihaketi said:

I really need to write up more self-affs of my own since replying here is a bit forum-RP-y but all the nice responses have been making my days warm and fuzzy, thanks. <3</p>

Mihaketi really is a unique character, Miha. He's fun, interesting, and always a treat to interact with. He's not too serious, but not too goofy. He's already quickly getting to a point where I can't think of Duiran without him and we all swarmed to defend him yesterday while he was fishing and he was attacked.
    Mihaketi
  • edited March 2017
    I've decided that Mihaketi is the world's cure for what ails you. If not, then they have soup for whatever else troubles you. But it's probably just fish water. Magical fish water.

I just love how, though, largely neutral in a situation Mihaketi can be. They don't have to necessarily take sides - an observer, someone who is just there, and reacts in a way where words aren't needed. Their presence is actually really comforting. They are there for a moment, then gone the next, so it never extends to the point where you're struggling to interact. But they visit often enough that they are a very active presence regardless, and more often this is also very sporadic.

Because of the way Mihaketi is, never once have they made Nola feel pressured or ill at ease and sometimes they're simply a nice background presence, messing with stuff and doing their own thing - they don't need you! Ahh. I have a lot I could say, but I hope this sums up a lot of it.

Mihaketi is basically just a treat to have around. At this point, I'd be disappointed if they weren't, and I expect them to poke their head in the door at any minute!

TacitusMihaketi
  • Where Cardie has only had a few experiences with Miha, I can say that I am fully impressed with your ability to play body language. It makes it a bit hard to understand, especially if you don't -know- Mihaketi, and in which case, I/Cardie do not. But, the most recent interaction had me having to respond in kind, being that Cardie no longer has a humanoid mouth, or eyes with lids.

10/10
    Mihaketi
  • Cardie said:

Where Cardie has only had a few experiences with Miha, I can say that I am fully impressed with your ability to play body language. It makes it a bit hard to understand, especially if you don't -know- Mihaketi, and in which case, I/Cardie do not. But, the most recent interaction had me having to respond in kind, being that Cardie no longer has a humanoid mouth, or eyes with lids.

10/10

I think Cardie may be under some mistaken impression of Miha (re: talking and animalistic behavior) but that's half the fun of interactions like that really.
  • Mihaketi said:

Cardie said:

Where Cardie has only had a few experiences with Miha, I can say that I am fully impressed with your ability to play body language. It makes it a bit hard to understand, especially if you don't -know- Mihaketi, and in which case, I/Cardie do not. But, the most recent interaction had me having to respond in kind, being that Cardie no longer has a humanoid mouth, or eyes with lids.

10/10

I think Cardie may be under some mistaken impression of Miha (re: talking and animalistic behavior) but that's half the fun of interactions like that really.
    Agreed! If my/his life relied on understanding Miha, even in the slightest, we'd be dead, long ago.
  • In the world of Aetolia, there are characters that are eloquent and silver tongued, scholarly, brash, asanine, or just violent. Among these, emotes and characterization run the gamut, from a few words, to a wall of words.

Mihaketi doesn't so much toe the line, as in very tastefully stay on the side of brevity and need-to-know information. Like the contrast between the big city and the small town, a small scene with Mihaketi allows you to kick back, relax, and dip your toes in simplicity, even so far as to manage wordless characterization.

Expressing so much with a little, and keeping language concise is a challenge. Kudos for being better at it than me. It's a pleasure to read. <3
    TacitusRunasNolaMihaketi