Mafia: The Syssin Strike Back

Comments

• EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited February 2017
    After such a long string of murders, Esterport's citizens were surprised (and relieved) to discover all of their number present on this morning, without so much as a note from the Syssin General.

Life proceeded as usual...

There was an assassination attempt on the Knight, who was protected by the starburst tattoo!
    -----

It is Day 6.

The Syssin General is alive.
    There is 1 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.
    There is 1 Citizen remaining.

4 votes are needed to lynch.
  • So, I waited as long as I could to see if Lehar had found the remaining unhidden Syssin, but I've got to head to the bed. Besides, he might be our Psychic, but I know basic math. Sibatti is the General. At this point, she has to be, unless I've understood something wrong.

My logic: I have no special role. Lehar said way earlier he scanned her as a regular citizen. There is only 1 regular citizen left according to Emelle's latest report. So if I'm a regular citizen and there is only one of us left.. well, you guys see where I'm going with this.

Now that I've pointed this out, she will be making the same claim of me, so it'll come down to you guys to make the winning pick for us all. It's checkmate; all we need to do is to lynch Sibatti and we've won. Lehar's investigations this night should be guaranteed to find the remaining Syssin the next night in time for the next lynch.

Since the choice will be a lot harder for the rest of you, I'll put some points out here: we all know Sibatti is a great talker and leader, but despite this, she's hardly made a ripple during this entire thing. She had been acting almost drunk-like erratic until she was revealed as investigated, after which she became extremely average.
  • I'll wait to the morning to vote, in case Lehar intentionally left out information about her (basically, if she is actually the Knight). But if not, we've got a sure win here.
  • Since the Knight has an attempt on their life last night and the Syssin know who it is now, I will come out and say it is Jami. I am indeed the real Psychic.

Last night I investigated @Valingar and he turned up as a regular citizen.  Shouldn't we be focusing on the remaining regular Syssin instead of the general, though?
  • 2. Lehar <-Psychic
    3. Karhast
    6. Sibatti <-Investigated as citizen
    12. Valingar<-Investigated as Citizen
    13. Ilyon
    14. Jami<-Knight

Those are the people left and the available info so far. Which means Karhast or Ilyon is drunk while the other is Syssin. Does someone have a clue on who might be who? Unless I, too, am just misunderstanding something.
  • Upon doing further research and getting some info, it looks like the drunk shows up as a regular citizen. Hmm.
  • Well, that's bad news. Assumed that if you recognized the Knight on your scans, you'd recognize the Drunk as well. Means there's no certain information again, except for Lehar and Jami being citizens, and that at least one of Karhast and Ilyon is Syssin.
  • It's down to Ilyon and Karhast if we want to try to get the normal Syssin. Looking over the rounds as a whole, I'm inclined to think it's Ilyon 
  • Today, I came into this thread, and found two conflicting posts made here.
    Valingar said:

My logic: I have no special role.

Emelle said:

It is Day 6.

There is 1 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.
    The Psychic is alive.
    The Drunk is alive.

4 votes are needed to lynch.

Given that I'm our final remaining citizen, I feel very confident in saying that Valingar is the general, given that they've been acting much too sensibly to be the drunk. You could argue that this works in their favour, but then being sensible is very easy when you already know ahead of time just who is and isn't a citizen.

So, please - don't buy Valingar's excuses. It's not even a matter of 'let's see if what he says makes sense' anymore. A mislynch here means certain, absolute death. I really hope him posting before I did hasn't primed everyone against me, either.

.. Or he's the drunk, and Ilyon is the general.. I guess? But since I doubt the drunk would really lie in such a manner, I kind of doubt it.
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    @Valingar is the General, @Ilyon is the remaining Syssin, and @Karhast is the drunk.

VOTE: @Valingar
  • So Valingar says Sibatti is the General and this leads to both Karhast and Sibatti pointing out that Valingar is the general, with the latter calling Karhast the drunk to attempt to prevent us from lynching him.

Any thoughts @Ilyon?
  • Well, this is an uncomfortable if damnably clever tactic to deal with in my shoes, and for a bit it did leave me pretty lost on which roles you people actually have. So I certainly can't imagine it's easier for others. But I am the sole remaining citizen, so I've at least got the truth going for me.

Since Emir died I've been convinced on Karhast's role as the Drunk, so this was a surprise twist. But Ilyon had managed to do a good job of getting himself in a position to be under vote, so I got no choice but to hope he is actually the Drunk and willing to work with the town.

For the others: only one false lynch is needed for Syssin to win. No more second chances for us. If we mess up here, we're done for. Think carefully on why these two in particular started their train on me.

Sibatti's case is obvious, considering I pointed her out earlier. Karhast's one is equally much so, if he's Syssin. If Sibatti, as the General, was lynched, the other Syssin would lose by default the next night, because there would be no more room to hide in. If Karhast was actually the Drunk, he would be looking to get himself lynched, not helping the Syssin to win.

I suggest you ignore both them and me a moment and go through all that's been said from round one to now, then come back here. I feel they both have played erratic and counter-productive, and I'm hoping you guys see that as well. Vote for who you think is right, no hard feelings from me.
  • Vote: Sibatti
  • Away for 3-4 hours, posting then.

• Okay. First of all, I am going to go ahead and:

ROLECLAIM: Drunk

Had to think about this some, but at this point it looks like I have nothing to lose by claiming. Neither of the budding trains is focused on me, so my win-condition cannot happen, and with how things are looking, the game will be de-facto over after this day no matter what happens. As such, I may as well side with the town.

As a side note, someone commented that my role was played poorly. I have been thinking about interesting ways to make myself suspicious enough to be lynched, but not suspicious enough for anyone to figure out my role, but couldn't think of anything - the only way would have been to stay silent, which is boring and in itself a telling sign (I'm always active in these), or avoid voting on syssin trains, but not knowing who the syssin are obviously makes this impossible.

Anyway, here we are. Now, what to make of the others. With the way voting has been going, I'd say the chance of the mafia being Valingar + one of Karhast/Sibatti is effectively zero. The obvious conclusion, then, is that Karhast and Sibatti are our syssin, while Valingar is the last citizen.

With that, it doesn't matter much which of the two I vote for first, so I'll follow the existing vote.

VOTE: Sibatti

• I had some thoughts about voting for @Ilyon since this is a make or break round anyways and leaving it to RNG would be fun if he is the drunk, but I've had suspicion on @Sibatti for a while and the way @Karhast came to her defense so quickly made it worse.

Vote: Sibatti
  • Um, Lehar, can we agree about my line of thoughts here?

Three people are left to investigate as citizens: the drunk, the general, and the last remaining citizen.

I'm that citizen, even though Valingar is claiming to be such at length, and so investigating me will indeed turn me up to be citizen.

You've investigated Sibatti and Valingar both - clearly, among the three of us, there's one drunk, one citizen, one general. I'm still the citizen, but them's the breaks.

Ilyon and I both aren't investigated. Either one of us, to you, is the remaining vanilla Syssin. It's not me, so..

Vote: Ilyon

Because I'm at least going to lose this game voting for the right person
  • Let's see how it goeshould, I'm not optimistic but who knows
    VOTE:SIBATTI
    Recap:
    Sibatti voted for Valingar
    Valingar voted for Sibatti
    Ilyon voted for Sibatti
    Lehar voted for Sibatti
    Karhast voted for Ilyon
    Jami voted for Sibatti

Valingar (1): Sibatti
    Sibatti (4): Valingar, Ilyon, Lehar, Jami
    Ilyon (1): Karhast

For most of the duration of this strange series of events, Sibatti had remained quiet and mostly escaped the town's notice. With so few citizens remaining, she now became an object of speculation.

"She must be the General. All this time, she's been manipulating the Syssin from phase!"

"Unlikely. There are others whose behavior is more concerning; she's probably just a citizen."

No one considered the more unlikely scenario: She's just been passed out all this time.

@Sibatti has been lynched. She was the Drunk!

Devastated by this revelation, Lehar blamed herself for the shortcoming of her gifts. When she could no longer withstand the guilt, she took to the gallows herself.

@Lehar has committed suicide. She was the Psychic.

-----

It is Night 6.

There is 1 Syssin alive.
    The Knight is alive.

Night roles, please PM me your actions!
    Sibatti
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
  • Heh, such luck. We were sure that Karhast was the drunk, but alas, Lehar now got the rng outcome that we was so tempted about.

Emir
  • *twiddle*

Congrats to the Syssin, then. There is nothing left to do.
    edited February 2017
    To no one's surprise, the Syssin took out the now-unprotected Knight. They didn't even bother to leave a note, this time.

@Jami has been assassinated. She was the Knight!
    -----

Congratulations to the Syssin: @Axius, @Buford, @Ilyon, and their General, @Valingar!

And to the Drunk, @Sibatti.

Thanks for playing, everyone! I had fun, I hope you did too. Here's the summary of lynch votes and night actions:

Roster
    1. Teani (Citizen), dead Day 4
    2. Lehar (Psychic), dead Day 6
    3. Karhast (Citizen)
    4. Emir (Citizen), dead Night 4
    5. Pazradym (Citizen), dead Day 2
    6. Sibatti (Drunk), dead Day 6
    7. Sarita (Follower), dead Night 3
    8. Axius (Syssin), dead Day 3
    9. Buford (Syssin), dead Day 5
    10. Kelliara (Citizen), dead Night 1
    11. Xenia (Citizen), dead Night 2
    12. Valingar (General)
    13. Ilyon (Syssin)
    14. Jami (Knight), dead Night 6

Day 1
    Kelliara voted for Axius
    Sibatti voted for Kelliara
    Emir voted for Sibatti
    Sibatti changed her vote to nobody
    Kelliara changed her vote to Sibatti
    Axius voted for Kelliara
    Emir changed his vote to nobody
    Valingar voted for Jami
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Lehar voted for Axius
    Buford voted for Xenia
    Xenia voted for Buford
    Jami voted for Valingar
    Xenia changed her vote to nobody
    Buford changed his vote to nobody
    Axius changed his vote to Lehar
    Lehar changed her vote to nobody
    Axius changed his vote to nobody
    Xenia voted for Karhast
    Karhast voted for Xenia
    Buford voted for Karhast
    Valingar changed his vote to nobody
    Ilyon changed his vote to Xenia
    Ilyon changed his vote to nobody
    Teani voted no lynch
    Ilyon voted for Teani
    Karhast changed his vote to Teani
    Axius voted for Karhast
    Emir voted for Teani
    Sibatti voted for Kelliara
    Xenia changed her vote to Jami
    Lehar voted for Teani
    Pazradym voted for Karhast

Sibatti (1): Kelliara
    Valingar (1): Jami
    Karhast (4): Buford, Axius, Sarita, Pazradym
    Teani (5): Ilyon, Karhast, Emir, Valingar, Lehar
    Kelliara (1): Sibatti
    Jami (1): Xenia
    No lynch (1): Teani

Day 1 resulted in no lynch.

Night 1
    Sarita (Follower) sent spiders to Lehar (Psychic)
    Lehar (Psychic) investigated Sibatti (Drunk)
    Jami (Knight) protected Teani (Citizen)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Kelliara (Citizen)

Day 2
    Teani voted for Lehar
    Jami voted for Lehar
    Buford voted for Emir
    Ilyon voted for Pazradym
    Teani changed her vote to Pazradym
    Xenia voted for Pazradym
    Jami changed her vote to Pazradym
    Pazradym voted for Lehar
    Axius voted for Jami
    Valingar voted for Pazradym
    Lehar voted for Pazradym
    Sarita voted for Pazradym
    Xenia changed her vote to nobody
    Sibatti voted for Jami
    Teani changed her vote to nobody
    Buford changed his vote to Sibatti
    Karhast voted for Sibatti
    Teani voted for Sibatti
    Emir voted for Sibatti
    Xenia voted for Lehar
    Axius changed his vote to Pazradym
    Emir changed his vote to Emir
    Sibatti changed her vote to Pazradym
    Xenia changed her vote to Pazradym

Pazradym (8): Ilyon, Jami, Valingar, Lehar, Sarita, Axius, Sibatti, Xenia
    Lehar (1): Pazradym
    Sibatti (3): Buford, Karhast, Teani
    Emir (1): Emir

Pazradym was lynched. He was a Citizen.

Night 2
    Lehar (Psychic) investigated Xenia (Citizen)
    Sarita (Follower) sent spiders to Ilyon (Syssin)
    Jami (Knight) protected Lehar (Psychic)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Xenia (Citizen)

Day 3
    Karhast voted for Sibatti
    Teani voted for Sibatti
    Emir voted for Buford
    Buford voted for Emir
    Axius voted for Jami
    Ilyon voted for Jami
    Teani changed her vote to Jami
    Sarita voted for Axius
    Sibatti voted for Axius
    Lehar voted for Axius
    Jami voted for Axius
    Valingar voted for Axius
    Ilyon changed his vote to Axius

Sibatti (1): Karhast
    Buford (1): Emir
    Emir (1): Buford
    Jami (2): Axius, Teani
    Axius (6): Sarita, Sibatti, Lehar, Jami, Valingar, Ilyon

Axius was lynched. He was a Syssin.

Night 3
    Lehar (Psychic) investigated Jami (Knight)
    Sarita (Follower) sent spiders to Karhast (Citizen)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Sarita (Follower)

Day 4
    Teani voted for Jami
    Sibatti voted for Teani
    Emir voted for Buford
    Buford voted for Teani
    Lehar voted for Teani
    Emir changed his vote to Teani
    Karhast voted for Teani

Jami (1): Teani
    Teani (5): Sibatti, Buford, Lehar, Emir, Karhast

Teani was lynched. She was a Citizen.

Night 4
    Lehar (Psychic) investigated Buford (Syssin)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Emir (Citizen)

Day 5
    Buford voted for Lehar
    Lehar voted for Buford
    Jami voted for Buford
    Karhast voted for Buford
    Ilyon voted for Buford
    Valingar voted for Buford

Lehar (1): Buford
    Buford (5): Lehar, Jami, Karhast, Ilyon, Valingar

Buford was lynched. He was a Syssin.

Night 5
    Lehar (Psychic) investigated Valingar (General)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Jami (Knight), who was protected by the starburst tattoo

Day 6
    Sibatti voted for Valingar
    Valingar voted for Sibatti
    Ilyon voted for Sibatti
    Lehar voted for Sibatti
    Karhast voted for Ilyon
    Jami voted for Sibatti

Valingar (1): Sibatti
    Sibatti (4): Valingar, Ilyon, Lehar, Jami
    Ilyon (1): Karhast

Sibatti was lynched. She was the Drunk.

Night 6
    Jami (Knight) protected Karhast (Citizen)
    The Syssin voted to assassinate Jami (Knight)
  • Mm, was a really close ending. Thanks for hosting, it's been fun!

EmelleXenia
  • This was a lot of fun, thanks Emelle for hosting, and to everyone else for playing!
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    Emelle
  • Good game, folks, was fun!

This end was a roll of the dice, fifty-fifty chance either of the remaining Syssin would have died to Sibatti's guilt trip and lost instead. But I'll take it! I don't think I'm cut out for extended Syssinhood, however, constant bluffing is stressful.

Thanks to @Emelle for hosting this, with how many people took part, it must've been effortful. Beautiful thematic writing, too.
    Emelle
  • If anyone is interested in one last Endings in Esterport, hit a like on this, if I get enough, like Emelle, I'll run one immediately.

Otherwise, stay tuned for "Mafia: Return of the Indoron" coming to a forum near you soon. (i.e. when people aren't totally overdone on Mafia)
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    EmirIlyonTeaniPazradymSeirMihaketi
  • This game was fun but rough! Not being able to PM people is an interesting divergence to the regular games.

I am just glad we only had one round where we had a no lynch occur, as it felt like pulling teeth at points to get people to post! 

Thanks for the host, @Emelle!
    Emelle
  • Thank you so much for hosting @Emelle, that was an absolute blast. GG everybody, and thanks for being fun to argue with @Emir :)

I'd definitely be down for another mafia game, but in about ~2 weeks for a little bit of a pause haha.
    EmelleEmirLeharSibattiXeniaValingar