TV Shows- The Good Place

So, it's a comedy that involves talking about philosophy and debating how to be a good person. It's like someone looked into my head and put it on television, which is a scary thought, but still amazing to watch. Only thing that could make it better is if there were actually angels and demons in it, but the 'Architect' is pretty close.

Best show ever, y/n? Keep in mind, only mudsexers would say no.

Comments

• This whole game is obligated to say no, with that last line.

Arbre-Today at 7:27 PM

You're a vindictive lil unicorn
    ---------------------------

Lartus-Today at 7:16 PM

oh wait, toz is famous

Karhast-Today at 7:01 PM

You're a singularity of fucking awfulness Toz
    Didi's voice resonates across the land, "Yay tox."

Ictinus11/01/2021

Block Toz

limToday at 10:38 PM

you disgust me
    (Web): Bryn says, "Toz is why we can't have nice things."

XeniaEmelle
  • Toz said:

This whole game is obligated to say no, with that last line.

Ouch. Too cynical, man.
  • Although, @Toz, just cause I wanna debate this, that's not entirely accurate. My statement, "only mudsexxers would say no" could be rewritten as the following:

If someone says no, then they are a mudsexxer. However, the converse:
    If someone is a mudsexxer, then they would say no, is not necessarily true.

A few logical deductions would lead us to conclude that the second statement is false. Not every individual who engages in textual relations reads the forums, so they would have no opportunity to answer the question. Others may be ashamed of their untoward roleplay, and so choose not to answer to avoid being revealed. Still other practitioners of internet coitus may, in fact, be fans of the show, and there was no ban on them answering affirmatively.

And thus, based on the latter possibility, we should keep in mind that those who engage in unspeakable acts of text may still be good judges of television programs.
    Toz
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    NO.
    Silena
  • I don't even own a tv nor know what you're talking about.

Teani
  • Xenia said:

I don't even own a tv nor know what you're talking about.

Well, that's disappointing.
  • edited November 2016
    I really, really like this show - and I don't even watch any shows, so this is special! Your feelings are now validated! But seriously, just when I worry that it's going to get too cutesy or cringey or formulaic (which would disappoint me because I decided I liked it almost right away), it does not fail me. I also really, really need to watch Westworld (now that I have watched a gazillion spoiler and theory videos, as per my tradition), because yes, I am definitely interested.

EDIT: I mean, I was so in after lines like "what a condescending bench" and "So then he said 'You can't give me both your kidneys. You'll die.' And I said 'but you will live, and I know we just met on this bus 10 minutes ago but you seem nice'" (at which point Eleanor rolls her eyes and loudly declares she's off to the bar, I think).

EDIT2: I was a bit sad when I couldn't just keep hating on Tahani anymore, because that was such great fun. But it's a great backstory/subplot.

EDIT3: It actually reminds me of Curb Your Enthusiasm, which I loved (despite being pretty meh about Seinfeld).
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    Agreeing with Xenia: I don't know what this is, so can't say one way or the other.