Idea for weapons

LycurgusLycurgus TexasMember Posts: 11
I think Smite should be usable across all melee weapons, and that weaponry should compliment spirituality as far as damage output is concerned.
Haven

Comments

• IrruelIrruel Member Posts: 650 ✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    TragerRunas
  • MegiddoMegiddo MegiddoMember Posts: 16
    When I think smite I think big bludgeon weapons like mace and hammer. Its not smite if it has cutting
  • HavenHaven World Burner Flight SchoolMember Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm. I always thought of smite as a holy weapon of some kind. As long as it was imbued with some kind of "divine" or "holy/unholy" energy, the weapon could smite.
    ¤ Si vis pacem, para bellum. ¤
    Someone powerful says, "We're going to have to delete you."
    havenbanner2
    Zaila
  • SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    To smite is just to hit something really hard. We only attribute it to divinity because of D&D, WoW, and the fact that a god 'smites' things.

Another reason, I'm sure I'm not the only one that thinks 'Cleric' when I hear the word 'Smite'. Clerics primary weapon is a Mace, when drawn up. That isn't to say they can't use any other weapon, it is just what they are largely depicted as using.

That being said, I prefer Luminaries using bludgeons, but that is just because my first serious MUD char was a Priest, which used a spiritual mace. It's mostly a nostalgia thing.

Edit: All this being said, I now want to suggest giving Wayfarers Javelins... because it is a throwing weapon, and also a potential(?) melee weapon.

• AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited April 30
    Keeping specific weapons specific to specific classes kind of helps with class identity even if it makes you feel LESS special with personal identity. Knights get a bit more wiggle room cause KNIGHTS but cookies CRUMBLE. :warning::cookie::warning:

Tiur
  • LinLin SMASHER/DEVOURER MASCHINEKLASTMember Posts: 1,560 mod
    You guys are responding to a thread from last year.
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee Member Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No I'm responding to YOU.

• TozToz Member Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lin is so last year.
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I'll still never forget the first time I saw Toz throwing hammers."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "I freaked out and thought they had somehow managed to pull me into them."
    (Oasis): Azzello says, "So I tumbled away from my team and into theirs."

• LinLin SMASHER/DEVOURER MASCHINEKLASTMember Posts: 1,560 mod

Pazradym
  • SatomiSatomi Member Posts: 225 ✭✭✭
    I only suggested Javelin because the only class that can really use it is Templar, and they don't use it.