The Marked (New Beginnings)

MorwenMorwen Under The Sea
After being marked by Iernos, the Ascendril Guild tutor, Morwen calls a meeting of her Magisters - @Katie, @Pogg, and @Eliadon - to begin a new tradition.

[ -- LOG BEGINS HERE -- ]

Morwen glances about the chambers, her glassy eyes taking in the diagrams and crystals decorating it. A soft smile lifts her lips as she smoothly says, "I am honored to be in the presence of all my Magisters for the first time since you voted for me to lead you." The young kelki bows her tentcled head respectfully. "I will strive to serve each of you with respect, dignity, and humility and I will expect the same of you."

"I will give you nothing less," Pogg pipes up with a broad smile across his amphibian face.

Katie smiles and nods her head in agreement.

Grinning slightly, Eliadon says, "Magister Pogg's got it right."

Docent Eliadon says, "For me, that is."

Morwen's head lifts, the smile continuing to elevate her features. "As you all know, Shachalai left the Guild rather abruptly," she says, her expression shifting as her words leave her lips with a great deal of weight. "She did not wait to pass the Spiritmark to the next Archmage and instead, challenged the new Archmage to sketch it themselves." The kelki's webbed fingers lift to trail along the glowing mark on teal flesh of her right arm. "...With Iernos's assistance, I was able to meet that challenge several weeks ago."

Pogg's large eyes follow your gesture to your hand and the mark upon it. "I knew you would rise to it," he says proudly.

"Excellent work, Archmage. I haven't the slightest idea where to even start with that task," says Eliadon as his grin widens, "And with that in mind, you figured it out rather quickly."

Katie grins widely and bounces up and down, "Oooh! That's great!"

Morwen grace sweeps across the kelki's countenance, as her webbed hand lifts. "Iernos sketched it upon me and I managed to not faint," she says with a gentle laugh. "It was hardly the greatest accomplishment of my life." A few beats pass as her glassy gaze travels between the three of you. "No, my greatest accomplishment was when I became Archmage - something that I did by gaining your trust." Her hand lowers to wrap around a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes. "But this mark is not just for me - not any longer," she says. "I intend to share it with each of you."

Katie blinks.

Pogg's eyes go wide with both eagerness and curiosity. "Our own Spiritmarks?" thinks aloud. "Taking on a physical symbol of our bond to the Elemental Plane of Spirit would be most enriching, I think."

[ -- PROBE SPIRITMARK -- ]

This Spiritmark encompasses the whole of the body, winding and gleaming its way along every contour, line, and vein of the wearer's body in full, geometric splendor. A multitude of colors are visible within the mark's lines, vivid and rainbowlike - powerful magic is contained within the abstract lines and angles, forceful and elemental in its nature. The Spiritmark is brightest upon the Archmage's right hand, fingers and palm rendered translucent by the brilliance of the silver light that is focused there.
[HINT]: Your Spiritmark allows you to pass the Archmage's Door in the Lighthouse.
[HINT]: Your Spiritmark allows you to pass the Docent's Door in the Lighthouse.
[HINT]: Your Spiritmark allows you to pass the enchantment door in the Lighthouse.
[HINT]: Your Spiritmark allows you to pass the laboratory door in the Lighthouse.
[HINT]: CONSULT SPIRITMARK to divine the relative location of a member of the Ascendril Order.
[HINT]: SKETCH SPIRITMARK ONTO to sketch a Spiritmark upon an Ascendril of Elemancer rank or above. You may replace obsolete Spiritmarks by doing this, as well. It can only be worn in the following location: handtattoo.
It is strangely weightless.
It bears the distinctive mark of Archmage Morwen.

Comprehension flashes across Eliadon's face.

Docent Eliadon says, "I suspect it's not just a symbol, however?"

Gesturing at the door to the Docent's office, Eliadon says, "At the very least, I've seen you open these doors."

Eliadon's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

"It is not." Morwen confirms with a nod in Eliadon's direction. "The Spiritmark is drawn from pure, spirit energy and will allow you to enter places within our Lighthouse by touching the doors and will allow you to locate other members within the Order with it," she explains. "That said, it is also a symbol. One of commitment to the Order and its success. One of a new era of strength, unity, and progress."

"Rather than something to be held by only one person, as it has been until this point," says Eliadon with a slight tilt of his head.

Docent Eliadon says, "Well, presumably. I need to read more history."

Rhulin steps in grumpily from the west, muttering under his breath.

Katie smiles, "That makes sense now."

"Gotta adjust this damn door before..." Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer stops short, head jerking upward. He regards the gathered Ascendril with faint, dubious surprise.

You can see the following 8 objects:
"kingbound232170" a shrouded Kingbound soldier.
"kingbound232455" a shrouded Kingbound soldier.
"kingbound232480" a shrouded Kingbound soldier.
"monolith sigil192787" a monolith sigil.
"sigil10893" a cube sigil.
"door165453" the Archmage's Door.
"door519" the Docent's Door.
"Rhulin92153" Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer.

{ -- LOOK RHULIN -- }

Wearing an irritated look upon his face, Rhulin's appearance as an angry old dwarf is easily acentuated. A pair of worn circular glasses sits low upon his crooked nose, though his eyes seem to have greyed over. Despite his demeanor as a diminuitive person, his body size and gait is proof that in his prime, he was a well built and stocky man. Both his greyed hair and beard are tied into locks with strips of leather, covering much of his neck and his shoulders. Covering his hands and feet are thick leather gloves and boots, their wrinkles and cracks only a testament to their long wear. He bears the divine blessing of Dhar.

(perched on his long nose) : worn circular glasses
(bound loose about him) : drab robes
(around his frame) : a leather overcoat
(on his hands) : heavy leather gloves
(bursting from his pockets) : reams of disorganized papers
(on his feet) : heavy leather boots
He is loyal to the City of Enorian.

Pogg directs his broad smile towards Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer. "Oh! Hello, Engineer," he says jovially.

Morwen's attention shifts to Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer, her gaze narrowing on him curiously. "Hello," she says after a brief pause. "Is there something wrong with the door?"

After a long pause, Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer finally shakes his head. "Nah. I put it in recently. Didn't like how one of the diagrams was. Shoddy bit of work with the protections." He crosses, awkwardly, to the Docent's Door, and points to it, looking over at you. "See there? Yeah."

Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer says, "Anyway, I'm, ah. I'm interrupting, I guess."

Katie smiles at Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer.

"Only a little!" A laugh carries Morwen's words as she crosses the room to inspect the Docent's Door. "It seemed to work the last I tried it," she says.

With a nod, Eliadon says, "Indeed, just a week or two ago. When my brother was making a fool of himself."

Eliadon chuckles long and heartily.

Shrugging his shoulders, Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer offers: "Might've been the faked Spirit energy to get in. I don't know. Just didn't like how that little..." He indicates one of the diagrams, using an untranslatable Dwarven noun to make his point plain, "...is acting up."

Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer chuckles at Eliadon.

Docent Eliadon says, "He's quite good at that, it seems."

Morwen nods her head. "Well, we appreciate your diligence... Though, I was just in the middle of something with my Magisters," she says, offering Katie, Pogg, and Eliadon a grin. "Afterwards, I expect them to be able to utilize the doors properly."

"Sounds like a plan." Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer raises his hand, giving a lopsided little salute to you. "Let me clear out. I'll be back later to do some maintenance. With your permission, I might be putting some stuff in the laboratory, too. Could be we could sit down and talk that out, Archmage, but that's all for... All for later."

Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer says, "You know where to find me. I'm in the Temple, usually. Try and get me when I'm NOT nose-deep in blueprints."

Rhulin Glintspear, the Engineer smiles wryly.

Rhulin gives an exasperated sigh, before stepping out to the west.

Morwen's glassy eyes twinkle kindly as her gaze settles on the dwarf. "I look forward to it, Engineer."

The Dwarf nods, as he departs - and then he's passed out of view, elsewhere in the Lighthouse.

Pogg watches the engineer depart with a curious gaze and turns his attention back to the door. "Hmm, new laboratory equipment.." he wonders aloud.

Chuckling lightly, Eliadon says, "Another thing on my list of things I need to do."

Katie giggles, "He seems like fun to talk to."

Morwen grins, glancing over at Pogg, Eliadon, and Katie. She allows them the moment to revel in the distraction before: "...Back to the point at hand! My vision for the Ascendril is a strong Guild, built on a sense of family and dedication to progress," she explains, her voice lifting with bright energy.

"I believe you three to be precisely the people who can help the Guild become just that, but it will take a lot of work." Morwen says, her webbed hands releasing and clenching along a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes.

Pogg abruptly returns his attention to you and nods enthusiastically while his vocal sac expands and contracts.

His grin turning to a proper smile, Eliadon says, "Going to take some work, but we'll manage."

Katie nods her head, "Absolutely."

"I truly think that we can be a true bastion of rationality and stability in a world plagued by Shadow and irrational egos," Pogg says with resolve making its way into his voice.

"We will!" Morwen agrees with a nod, her energy prompting her to hop from one bare webbed foot to the other. "So then, I believe I will distribute the mark based on seniority," she thoughtfully says, glancing between the gathered mages. "Katie," she says. "Step forward, please."

Pogg's smile broadens once more across his wide face as he regards Katie.

Katie blinks but steps forward at once, trying not to bounce in the process. She smiles, "Alright, I think I'm ready."

Morwen's webbed right hand leaves a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes as she stretches it out for Katie's. "I /know/ you are," she warmly states, her voice lending Katie her own confidence. "Give me your hand, my Magister of Spirit."

Katie leans her staff against her left arm before she raises her hand towards you and places it lightly on hers.

"Magister of Spirit, you are responsible for the creative inspiration of this Guild," Morwen softly says, squeezing Katie's hand within her own. "For this new family we are forging, you are to care for its heart." The young kelki's voice is kind as she speaks to the other woman. "Do you swear to make your duties a priority within your life, to serve the Ascendril as best you are able, and to promote the cause of progress and our fight against Corruption, Darkness, and Shadow?"

Katie smiles widely as she nods her head, "Absolutely!"

Morwen's expression brightens as her head nods. After a moment, she looks about and softly whispers: "I've never done this before, so I'm sorry in advance if something goes terribly wrong." There's a sense of humor in her tone, though a current of sincerity carries her words.

You reach forth with the glowing fingers of right hand, placing the tips of your fingers upon Katie's wrist. Slowly, you trace the figure of the ouroboros, the Ascendril crest, upon the back of Katie's hand. As the silvery light ebbs into Katie's flesh, you clasp your hand over Katie's, channeling Spirit into the ready diagram of flesh. As you draw your hand back, the ephemeral tracing has taken tangible form, burned into Katie's flesh and glowing faintly.

[ -- LOOK KATIE -- ]

She is an intelligent Tsol'aa with light green eyes and small ears, the tips are hidden beneath long waves of blond hair. Dark tanned skin contrasts with the lightness of her hair which goes down to the middle of her back. She has a slender body frame with toned muscles.

(around the neck) : a heart shaped golden pendant
(worn on the ears) : a flared emberite plug earring
(slung over a shoulder) : a bottomless letter satchel
(hanging from shoulders) : a pink explorer's pack
(draped about the throat) : a flawless silver necklace cradling a blue pearl
(covering the body) : a short, copper cotton dress
(worn on the feet) : a pair of white leather sandals
(around the shoulders) : a net shawl of beaded, multi-hued thread
(emanating from the right hand) : a Magister's Spiritmark

Eliadon's eyes widen slightly at the burst of Spirit.

Pogg's gaze locks onto Katie's hand with intent interest.

Docent Eliadon says, "Nothing exploded, that's a good sign."

Katie releases a short breath, "Oooh, wow!" She looks down at her new mark, "That was neat! Kinda tingly too." She giggles and blushes as she steps back into line with Pogg and Eliadon.

Morwen heaves a sigh of relief before she clears her throat, shooting Eliadon a slight grin. After a moment, her attention settles on Pogg. "You are next," she says, flashing him a smile with an outstretched, webbed hand.

Without missing a beat, Pogg steps forward and extends his own webbed hand while keeping his eyes focused on your face with a smile.

"Magister of Fire, you are responsible for the security and combat prowess of this Guild." Morwen says, her gaze fond as it meets Pogg's own. "You are to protect this new family we are forging, through your own might and by inspiring and encouraging others to recognize the might within themselves." She squeezes his hand, a smile lifting her features. "Do you swear to make your duties a priority within your life, to serve the Ascendril as best you are able, and to promote the cause of progress and our fight against Corruption, Darkness, and Shadow?"

"I swear," Pogg says solemnly. He returns the squeeze, a gesture of both resolve and admiration.

You reach forth with the glowing fingers of right hand, placing the tips of your fingers upon Pogg's wrist. Slowly, you trace the figure of the ouroboros, the Ascendril crest, upon the back of Pogg's hand. As the silvery light ebbs into Pogg's flesh, you clasp your hand over Pogg's, channeling Spirit into the ready diagram of flesh. As you draw your hand back, the ephemeral tracing has taken tangible form, burned into Pogg's flesh and glowing faintly.

[ -- LOOK POGG -- ]

He is a wise Yeleni of Grook heritage. Regarding the world through two large, glassy eyes, Pogg scans his surroundings curiously with the occasional blink of translucent eyelids and quick twitch of the vocal sac under his chin. The grook carries himself through his surroundings quickly on stubby legs, though his movements suggest that most of the mass on his short, squat frame isn't all that muscular. His head is completely devoid of hair, leaving his amphibian, pale brown skin exposed and casting a slight sheen when subjected to ambient light, and his digits have barely perceptible webbing between them.

(covering the body) : a plain grey robe
(worn on a finger) : a silver ring
(wrapped several times around a wrist) : a length of elemancer's focusing beads
(worn on the hands) : an iron ylem-binding gauntlet
(around the neck) : a yellow crystal amulet
(emanating from the right hand) : a Magister's Spiritmark

Eliadon ceases to wield a fiery aetherstaff of swirling spatial motes in his right hand.

Pogg's eyes widen before going blank for a moment. As his vision returns, he blinks several times and curiously raises his hand to his face to examine the marking. His curiosity fades, and he turns his attention back to you with a smile. "Thank you, Archmage," he says with pride as he takes a few steps backwards to stand next to Katie.

Morwen nods her head at Pogg. "Last but not least..." she says with a laugh as her focus shifts to Eliadon. "Eliadon," she says with an extension of her hand to him.

Stepping forward, Eliadon smiles at you as he shifts his Aetherstaff to his left hand and extends his right to clasp yours.

"Docent," Morwen says, her expression softening. "You are responsible for the future of this Guild. You are to encourage growth among our ranks and teach our young about the world around them, the Order, and challenge them to learn more about themselves." She squeezes Eliadon's hand, offering him a smile. "Do you swear to make your duties a priority within your life, to serve the Ascendril as best you are able, and to promote the cause of progress and our fight against Corruption, Darkness, and Shadow?"

With a single nod of his head, Eliadon replies, "Absolutely, Archmage. I swear to do everything that I am capable of, and then some."

Katie smiles as she watches.

Docent Eliadon says, "As we can accomplish more than I can by myself by working together."

Morwen nods her head. "I agree!" she pipes with a bright smile.

You reach forth with the glowing fingers of right hand, placing the tips of your fingers upon Eliadon's wrist. Slowly, you trace the figure of the ouroboros, the Ascendril crest, upon the back of Eliadon's hand. As the silvery light ebbs into Eliadon's flesh, you clasp your hand over Eliadon's, channeling Spirit into the ready diagram of flesh. As you draw your hand back, the ephemeral tracing has taken tangible form, burned into Eliadon's flesh and glowing faintly.

Pogg's mouth turns up as his face breaks into a smile.

Docent Eliadon says, "Ooer."

Smiling broadly, Eliadon returns to his place by Katie and Pogg, his eyes turned toward his hand.

[ -- LOOK ELIADON -- ]

He is a wise Idreth of Human heritage and is of middling height. Bushy eyebrows adorn this man's bald head; brown, almond-shaped eyes sit below them. His body is somewhat thin, though his bones do not seem particularly prominent. Long and slender, fragile-looking fingers extend from his large palms.

(hanging from the shoulders) : a white cloak trimmed in gold
(covering the body) : a hooded, sleeveless robe of the Ascendril
(worn on the ears) : a talon-shaped earring of polished amber
(worn on the legs) : a pair of comfortable black pants
(worn on the feet) : black combat boots
(covering the eyes) : a pair of diffusal goggles
(worn) : a length of elemancer's focusing beads
(worn on a finger) : a ring of amber wolves
(worn on a finger) : 3 silver rings
(worn on a finger) : a starburst studded Ascendril crest ring
(worn on the hands) : an iron ylem-binding gauntlet
(around the waist) : a matte, black gold chain link belt
(emanating from the right hand) : a Docent's Spiritmark

Docent Eliadon says, "Thank you, Archmage."

Katie bounces up and down, "So neat! Thank you, Archmage." She looks down at her own mark again then back up at you, "I do need to rest though. You all take care, okay? See you all again soon!" She waves to each of you in turn.

Pogg's attention turns to Katie's and Eliadon's hands before resting on his own.

Morwen's smile brightens as she inspects the recently-marked Magisters, nodding as Katie departs. "This is the new beginning of the Ascendril Order," she says, her tone taking on a sense of solemnity. "Together, we will bring this Guild back to relevance and become a force to be reckoned with."

[ -- FIN! -- ]
ZailaIraeNia