Confession Thread 2.0

Comments

• ExodusExodus New Zealand
    I like logging in every so often and roleplaying the feck out of some random in the guild to instill them with awesomeness.

Worst case scenario some randoms have fun.

Best case scenario there'll be 8 clones of me in a few months time.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Get outta here Exodus, you ain't cool anymore!
  • I bother everyone lalala
    LinVash
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    @Didi you've never bothered ANYONE.
    Vash
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    Literally the only time I've had to click Disagree on one of Didi's posts.
    Vash
  • Doing work for the city inspired me more than being a secretary. No matter what guild I've been in, the smaller politics in guilds have made the organization feel more micromanaged. Maybe that's just me but either way I still gravitate toward managing and creating stuff for a city.

(Spinesreach): Xiuhcoatl says, "Oh man, grab the children-corn. This is gonna be good."
  • edited December 2016
    When I first created Blanche, I was expecting her to be permakilled off. She was my experiment with seeing what the Undead would do when faced with a living person that genuinely believed that they were only food. Similarly, I wanted to see what the Lifer side would do when faced with someone that was trained to think they were food. Have to admit, the Undead side are the ones that mostly try to help her. Not joking. One Consanguine paid another to teach her how to read and write!

She is my most difficult, and favorite, character that I've played simply because of the level of challenge. It's far more easy to roleplay a character that has strong, loud, and passionate emotions rather then a submissive, timid character that allows herself to be put into embarrassing situations.

One such situation, one of my favorites, was when she upset a Consanguine and was ordered to deliver a letter into Enorian to some random person. This was during the time of perma-enemying that was going on across the board so it really didn't end well. What's more cringing about this is that the character is -terrified- of Jaru and Enorian. She was very slow to walk into the guards and cried the entire way.

The only two tasks I have never accomplished are the ones that involve completing quests and talking over CT. The first is because I hate questing. The second is because she has never been a citizen of any city. The life of Blanche is pretty quiet about 98% of the time.

I imagine Blanche to be something like that secret character that you meet in a game. If you respond correctly, she'll open up and approach you and eventually join your party. If you chase her off, she'll avoid you if she can help it.

KerrynKelliaraLinEmelleDrestynTeaniXeniaIraeKodaza
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Confessions:

When I feel like Zaila is getting juuuust a bit too grounded or likable, I watch 30 rock and try to infuse her with more Jenna. Playing a bully is hard!
    Kodaza
  • I once lagged another IRE game for a full 10 minutes by object listing every vial in the game.

Man that was a long time ago.
    ZailaDidi
  • I made Mihaketi specifically so that I would be able to easily avoid getting tangled up in org politics, inter-character drama, and the various other things that made it hard for me to enjoy Aetolia previously. Initially it was hard, due to not being known ingame and not having a clear idea how to interact with people meaningfully, but now that I'm settled into the character I'm greatly enjoying the freedom that comes from having no expectations or tether biases. I feel a little bad about this considering how heavily the administration is trying to polarize the game, but... it's more fun for me this way.
    SeirLinSethEmelle
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    edited February 2017
    Mihaketi said:

I made Mihaketi specifically so that I would be able to easily avoid getting tangled up in org politics, inter-character drama, and the various other things that made it hard for me to enjoy Aetolia previously. Initially it was hard, due to not being known ingame and not having a clear idea how to interact with people meaningfully, but now that I'm settled into the character I'm greatly enjoying the freedom that comes from having no expectations or tether biases. I feel a little bad about this considering how heavily the administration is trying to polarize the game, but... it's more fun for me this way.

If I'm honest, I think this is actually one of the best things about Mihaketi. Sometimes, Aetolians (including myself) can take themselves way too seriously and the game can have very polarizing RP. Every now and again though, you just see Mihaketi going about his business, fishing, giving out fish, and just being a general break from the ordinary. I think that's part of charm behind the character and while I'm not sure if Mihaketi has any ambition beyond endgame and fishing, his motivations are, from an outside perspective, just... simple and mundane, which alone makes him different in a good way.
    Seth
  • Whenever my character gets into an argument with someone, I spend the rest of the day secretly worrying that I've accidently upset or offended the other player, or that they think I was having a go and them personally.

This is particularly problematic when I have the misfortune of playing a somewhat unpleasant character. :(
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    SeirZailaSethTacitusVash
  • TeaniTeani Shadow Mistress Sweden
    edited February 2017
    (<3 @Kelliara)

Should mention that she posted this moments after Kelliara and Teani had a HUGE... I mean tremendoulsy bombastic verbal fight in the game, and I had to log out because going to bed. <.<

SeirSethVash
    Kelliara said:

Whenever my character gets into an argument with someone, I spend the rest of the day secretly worrying that I've accidently upset or offended the other player, or that they think I was having a go and them personally.

This is particularly problematic when I have the misfortune of playing a somewhat unpleasant character. :(

@Kelliara: As someone with the exact same fear, or had it, you can sometimes upset or offend another player if your character comes off as brusque in their overall demeanour. I've tried, to mixed success, to combine Seir's overall brusqueness in the past with simultaneously trying to get players involved. However, it's difficult unless the other player knows you and your character well.

I meant to add my confession at the end of my response to Mihaketi's response, but here goes:

I sometimes really worry that people just don't want anything to do with my character or my player and running off to do something else. When in reality, it's probably not that and more so that they had a previous RP engagement or are doing something OOCly. I'm paranoid in this respect, and it might true in some cases where people DON'T want to interact with me, but I really just need to calm down and stop being so anxious.
    Didi
  • OleisOleis Producer Emeritus Administrator, Immortal
    Seth said:

I once lagged another IRE game for a full 10 minutes by object listing every vial in the game.

Man that was a long time ago.

Now it just throws a massive error. :)
    You say to Slyphe, "You're so freaking smart."
    [---]
    "^," Slyphe agrees with you.
    SethVash
  • I honestly don't know if I have a real direction for Drestyn anymore after leaving Spinesreach and the Carnifex. Feel like he's still himself from that era and I have a hard time getting back into being a forestal. It's also hard -not- to be a bad guy now.

• Elliana was never really meant to achieve much, when I created her I made her incredibly flawed, and she still is. At times it makes it difficult to play because she has to portray herself in some aspects as more confident than she feels
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    JaymiEmellePazradym
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    I made Tekias to just peek in on the game, see how it was after 10 years away, do a lil nostalgia trip if I found someone familiar. I never intended to be sucked in as deep as I am now, enriching several players RP lives and helping grow a guild.
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

LinTeaniEmelleCinarraVash
  • TekiasTekias Wisconsin
    Since I can't figure out how to edit posts...I say the above, after dumping $50 into it ($30 for CMUD (shut up), $20 for two No Brainer Lesson packages)
    Formerly: Spiegel. Eidycue.

Hi.

Leana
  • Emir was suppose to not PK outside of lessers and suppose to be quiet so I could just play the game. Got one singularity kill and that all went to shit.
    (Web): Toz says, "Emir's Express Evacuation and Existence Eradicator, Every Experience is Explosive - Experience the Entirety of your Existence!"
    SethTeaniRunasSeirXenia
  • @Serrice would have loved it if you left it that way.
    AishiaKelliaraXeniaSibattiSeirLeharRunasAymah
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    I'm pretty excited about it too.
    Kelliara
  • @Tedrunai that's a champion effort mate. Hope it happened on April first (plausible excuse and all, heh)
    TedrunaiMihaketiZailaSeir
    edited February 2017
    a few fox a few fox a few fox a few fox a few fox

Edit: For those that don't know the joke, there was a bug a while ago that spammed bees in the room so you saw 'a few bee a few bee a few bee' all over the room.
    EllianaDidiTeaniSethRunas
  • Seir said:

a few fox a few fox a few fox a few fox a few fox

Edit: For those that don't know the joke, there was a bug a while ago that spammed bees in the room so you saw 'a few bee a few bee a few bee' all over the room.

That's some Wickerman level stuff right there.

SeirSerriceAryVyxsis
  • Since it just happened again, I am reminded to confess that I love seeing people have major reactions to seeing Paz's appearance for the first time. I've gotten everything from spit takes, nervous second glances, straight up being called a "creepy unicorn-er", threatened, oh, and a personal favorite, lets not forget the one who just started praying and backed out of the room to flee. :smiley: Apparently folks can stare down vampires, rotting undead, crazy plant people, shapeshifters, etc, and not have any issues, but a guy split down the middle? RUN!

At any rate its gotten me some really fun situations (fun as a player, bit more complicated character wise) and I seriously enjoy it each and every time it happens.
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

ZailaVash
    Pazradym said:

Since it just happened again, I am reminded to confess that I love seeing people have major reactions to seeing Paz's appearance for the first time. I've gotten everything from spit takes, nervous second glances, straight up being called a "creepy unicorn-er", threatened, oh, and a personal favorite, lets not forget the one who just started praying and backed out of the room to flee. :smiley: Apparently folks can stare down vampires, rotting undead, crazy plant people, shapeshifters, etc, and not have any issues, but a guy split down the middle? RUN!

At any rate its gotten me some really fun situations (fun as a player, bit more complicated character wise) and I seriously enjoy it each and every time it happens.

Your desc gives me this vibe, in a good way:

Paz seems like the Phantom.
    Pazradym
  • hah! okay, that is great! I'll admit I hadn't even considered that, but Paz may need to get some piano and voice lessons now....

As a fun fact/ side note, Paz actually has 6 planned descriptions that get changed based on various factors (location, emotion, etc). Though admittedly I've only got 4 written up at the moment. (Haven't needed the other 2 yet) Try to collect them all!
    By the divine might of Omei, you are restored to life.
    Omei gives the corpse of a headless cadaver to you.
    Omei offers you a quick wink.

Vash