Confession Thread 2.0

Comments

• One thing I've had to learn is that sometimes, we have this need to 'take our character' somewhere - but the where is elusive and mostly derived from our need to do something different. You don't /have/ to take your character anywhere.

Just play him, and follow along with the story.
    Emelle
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    Confession: Whenever my character has gone somewhere interesting, it has pretty much never had that much to do with me, and almost always had to do with someone/something else.
    Zaila
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    My break from the game is just playing my very much older alt.
  • DraimanDraiman Dr. Drai
    That actually works for me sometimes. I get new perspectives and ideas and I'm like WOW I KNOW HOW I WANNA PLAY DRAIMAN F'REALS NOW. Then I switch back and instantly afk but that last part is just me, maybe it'll work out better for you >.>
    "You ever been divided by zero?" Nia asks you with a squint.

DidiVarel
  • edited August 2016
    -Jura is very hard for me to play.
    -- Her personality is 100% different than my own
    --- I feel run down/put-off from playing her, due to how she was treated in her early days in Spinesreach/by varied Syssin.
    ---- The feeling has never left.
    ----- This has inevitably led to me not wanting to play her at all.
    Madelade
  • Rashar said:

One thing I've had to learn is that sometimes, we have this need to 'take our character' somewhere - but the where is elusive and mostly derived from our need to do something different. You don't /have/ to take your character anywhere.

Just play him, and follow along with the story.

Yeah, but I mean, let's be honest here. The story of the guy who was having some problems but buckled down and got his shit in order and stayed at his job? That's a boring fucking story right there. That's a movie nobody wants to see. I don't play these games to RP a dude dealing with his problems responsibly, and if you do, well, you're playing the game wrong. Live a little imo.
    DidiMissari
  • I like that story >.>
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    You just want Coryn on dark side.

Quick confession:
    -I flip flop a lot between characters and sometimes mix the two, forgetting speech patterns and... uh... certain emotes. Har.
  • AnteheAntehe Immortal
    I make Character Breakdowns for each new named (and some non-named) NPC that I make, so that I have substance to dig into for roleplay on them. I have additional sections about interactions they have had with players thus far, and their views on politics around the world.

This has resulted in a rather ridiculous volume of notepad files saved away.

This volume of files has lead me to create a summary index.

I need help.
    EmelleXandrenTeaniKynaTenshyo
  • KerocKeroc A small cupboardAdministrator, Immortal
    Banned from Google Docs. It's cold turkey time.
    Xandren
  • edited August 2016
    Why would you punish the rest of us that benefit from said docs like that? D:

EDIT: Okay, maybe I'm an enabler. Unicorns.
    Xandren
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    I wanna see these deets.

Xandren
  • I do too, actually.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
    Akaryuterra
  • CorynCoryn Spokane, Wa
    -The recent change I enacted for Coryn has me both excited and scared at the same time
    --I barely slept because of this
    PhoeneciaZaila
  • Coryn said:

-The recent change I enacted for Coryn has me both excited and scared at the same time
    --I barely slept because of this

KynaEmelleZailaXeniaPilar
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    I've been logging in at weird hours of the night (/early morning) and RPing by myself. Little meaningless stories about roaming around in caves, killing and eating things, generally acting like an animal NPC.

It's been really enjoyable.
    DidiEmelleXeniaAkaryuterraXandrenPilar
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    I didn't know "CREDITS FOR SALE" was a thing until... I think about 8 months ago.

I've been playing for 8 years.
    Pilar
  • Lin said:

I've been logging in at weird hours of the night (/early morning) and RPing by myself. Little meaningless stories about roaming around in caves, killing and eating things, generally acting like an animal NPC.

It's been really enjoyable.

One day, when I'm grown up, I wish I could be a BA Rper like this.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited August 2016
    Zaila said:

I didn't know "CREDITS FOR SALE" was a thing until... I think about 8 months ago.

I didn't know IRONCOINS FOR SALE was a thing until last week.
    DiogenKelliaraZailaJensen
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    Emelle said:

Zaila said:

I didn't know IRONCOINS FOR SALE was a thing until last week.
    HOLY UNICORNS! THAT'S A THING?!
    SaturnineXeniaEmelleTeani
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    wasnt aware that was a thing either but I've never bought them either
    Zaila
  • I really miss playing.

At the same time I don't really want to come back. I had gotten so completely miserable for a while.

I had a good RP flow with Rhine for a while. I completely connected with the character and I absolutely loved her. I started neglecting Peri because of this and therefore felt bad so attempted to divide my time equally. I failed and then the miserable-ness happened. 

I feel like I lost my flow, if I ever really even had one.

Never thought of myself as a good RPer (autocorrect tried to change that to raper. I think I am afraid of my phone now) at all. I always always got really nervous around more established players and so I pretty much bombed everything in my opinion. 

I stayed away from forums because I knew I would miss the game. Off a few days in a row and caught up on most things on here and now I really miss playing. A lot.
  • I'm taking a break from work so I'll type something!

I've been playing Aetolia since I was 14-15 as a Sentinel. I'm 27 now. I have no alts because I have a hard time playing when it's not forestal related. Sad as that is.

My original character is an OG Sentinel, she was totally snuggly. Some of the mechanics I came up with are still used in the Sentinels today.

She was also one of the people that discovered Omei, the Dreamer, became one of her first reps and was high ranking, might still be. The first Omei really encouraged me to get more serious about her character and rp in general. I'm really grateful for the experience I had with her because it taught me how to be a better rper.

Omg, one time during mudsex, Omei totally made her have a vision. She would do this to me ALL THE TIME out of the blue. It was great! I didn't get much Godrp with her outside of this but it was fun anyway.

She helped to cure the Morgun with her wife who was OBSESSED with the arch at the time. It ended up being some great rp though.

I felt my old character just had too much baggage on her and when I tried to play her again it was hard. I didn't want to do the snuggly thing anymore but it followed me anyway because it was expected of me. EVEN though I hadn't played her that way in a very long time, I felt that she'd matured quite a bit but it wasn't enough.

So I walked her into a swamp and never played her again. If I had spent credits on her, I would definitely retire her.

BUT Pilar was born out of that frustration instead!

When I made Pilar, Grecht were still a new thing and there were NONE around. I wanted Pilar to be this little feral thing when she came to the Sentinels that ate bugs and fruit but not meat, walked on all fours, didn't speak the language, and was small and mangy. I looked for any scrap of lore I could find on Grecht, added my own flavor on what a Grecht would be like, and that's Pilar.

I was TERRIFIED of rping with anyone this sort of scenario because I felt it would almost be like the the whole blind, deaf, rp thing that gets stale and boring. However, it turned out really great and fun! Pilar got better with common over time and many people in the Sentinels just learned Grecht to communicate and teach Pilar how to be...not so much of an animal. Most of her charm definitely stems from lessons @Sibatti, @Lin, and @Seir taught her...

Pilar turned into a faun after Haern granted her his essence. Back in those days, you just rp'd it out so there's no item or any special text in her description. He snatched her ear off and I think like...threw up in her mouth or something. This was also before Lleis poof'd and the new Heartwood was released with all the fauns and satyrs in it. So when I came back two years later or whatever and saw that, I was like :smiley:

In my headcannon, Grecht women have a hard time getting pregnant or are barren which is why there are so few of them. Pilar is barren. She will never have children. Barring divine intervention, I plan to stick by this.

I think about Grecht and how they live and interact with each other A LOT. I imagine them to have different dialects and make different sounds other than clicking and shrill chattering in their language. Bats make a large number of noises to communicate with each other, I try to illustrate this when Pilar speaks Grecht when I can. I think of them of having their own wild rituals and customs too, so much stuff I have in my head about them. Grecht are by far my favorite race :heart:

Pilar speaks the common language with a heavy Grecht accent. In my head, that accent sounds Russian.

I admit, when I came back, I was really disappointed by the way Duiran and the Sentinels seemed to have fallen so far backward into the snuggly stage that I remembered from so long ago. It made me so grateful that I got experience the Golden Age of Duiran and Sents. Even if a lot of my work was met with sneers, sabotage, and ridicule, I'm glad that I didn't let it make me stop enjoying the game. I'm glad to see that Duiran has been working really hard to amend toxic behavior in the organization.

Sometimes I miss the dur Naya crew and wish they were still around but without them, Pilar has really grown more independent and into her own person. Without her big sisters protecting and shielding her all the time, she got to experience a lot of things on her own and see things through her own eyes. She even managed to find love! Before she felt stuck in her family's shadow and their accomplishments, now she's making her own way and getting her own merits and I'm excited for her.

I feel if the dur Naya crew came back, Pi would backpedal fast into her little sister role. Once again, everything she'd do would be to impress or advance the agenda of her older sisters. She is very loyal to her family and the family name, she'd drop everything for them if it came to that.

Moving Pi to Enorian was the first time I ever played outside of Duiran and being a Sentinel. Shameful, I know. However, I'm glad I did it because it was not only interesting to see how the other half lived but Pilar grew EXPONENTIALLY as a person while she was there. I'm very grateful to @Aithene for granting Pilar asylum during her exile period and to @Tenshyo for upholding it.

I've also been enjoying playing Pilar as a Shaman too. I know @Atrapoema feels the guild is kinda quiet but I'm working my way up to be a novice aide soon! All the Shaman lore is so DEEP and it fits Pilar even better than being a Sentinel did, I'm glad I made the move and stepped out of my comfort zone.

I love doing weird rituals for Haern. Pilar cuts her palms when she prays at his shrines. She pours liquor on the ground as libations or drinks a little and sprays it on totems, altars, cairns related to him. She'll sacrifice animals (duh) and smear their blood on her face. I have a lot of thoughts and plans to expand on this...it's really all just a bid to become Haern's ultimate favorite lol

Aaaaand I gotta get back to work and this got super long so I'll stick the rest under a spoiler and end it here.
    But I dunno, I wanted Pilar to be my way of stepping out of the box my last character put me in and she has not disappointed me. Even when it sucks being Pilar, I still love being Pilar :heart:
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
    EmelleAkaryuterraSaturnineDraimanTenshyoSeir
  • OH, also I ship Gods and npcs sometimes, idc... >.>

I want Haern and Omei to be together and adopt Pilar.
    Prol and Rakdor are totally a couple. A gay faun/minotaur couple :heart:
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
  • Pilar said:

You know, I remembered there being some interesting Omei art on the old forums, and so I was searching through to see what I could find. On this related subject, I found the following picture - WARNING: Not exactly safe for work nor your mental sanity.

Not at all what I was looking for, but if I have to suffer you do too.
    PilarEmelleXeniaZailaAymahIraeTeaniSeir
  • Buford said:

Pilar said:

You know, I remembered there being some interesting Omei art on the old forums, and so I was searching through to see what I could find. On this related subject, I found the following picture - WARNING: Not exactly safe for work nor your mental sanity.

I'M INTO IT.
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
  • HadrakHadrak Dorohedoro
    Buford said:

BufordEmellePilar
  • Haern and Omei, sittin' in da bed, F U C...
    Kyna
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    I'd ship it.
    Pilar