Zaila Tenor

ZailaZaila Pacific Time
edited February 2017 in Self-Affirmations
Since everybody else is doing it, it feels sliiiightly less shameful to join the herd and make one too. Tell me what you think! Too unicornsy, not unicornsy enough? Have I harassed you TOO much, not enough? In what way have I bettered or lessened your enjoyment of this game?

If you've interacted with Zaila, you have probably figured out that any level of mockery and insulting here will be taken with good humor on my part. I welcome and encourage it.

Also - as per usual - this is an unsubtle plea for more people to interact with me.
*edit to add --This seemed an appropriate place for me to hordishly post the awesome variety of Zaila-art my wonderful fellow Aetolians have made. I seriously love it all!
By Eleanor:

---------------------------------------------------
By Sessizlik:

A more gory picture:
By Teani:

Comments

• Rasani and Zaila have an interesting friendship, to say the -very- least of the situation. I really love when they interact because it's both clear that they come from very different worlds, but also clear that they have a decent amount of stuff they agree upon.

As always hit me up for rp any time!
    Zaila
  • Zaila is a unicorn, wrapped in a unicorn, inside a unicorn. I wish I had extras for the house and car.
    ZailaMaite
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    Sweet Baby Jesus
    FaerahZaila
  • ZailaZaila Pacific Time
    @Benedicto
    That's my name, don't wear it out.
  • Even though Faerah definitely would not win any mothering awards, I really lucked out in having two great players pouring in a lot of time an energy into being her daughters. I have told you this before - but I am so glad you made Zaila. You really looked at who her parents were and delved into the many psychoses someone would develop having them for parents and built the character around them. What I think I love most is that people who meet her see Ingram in her instantly, but people who know her better start seeing a lot of Faerah. It's a neat balance that has some people saying "she's her father's daughter" and other's saying "well no, she's her mother's." You get a lot of people playing children who don't assume any of their parent's traits, but you really dove deep and still managed to create someone very unique and that's awesome.
    ZailaHaven
  • I have no words.

All I can say is keep doing what you're doing, and find more excuses to interact with me.

So much <3.
    Now with 253% more Madness.
    Cute-Kelli by @Sessizlik.
    ZailaFaerah
    So, it's been six months, same unicorns, new town. She's made some enemies and some friends. Probably more of the former.

Tell me what you think of my little scourge on society!
    Pretty pretty please?
  • Rude.
    EmelleZailaBufordXavinTeani
  • I absolutely LOVE interacting with Zaila, she really pushes Elliana's patience and tests her constantly. Quips back and forth really make me the player laugh, I really have enjoyed getting to know Zaila even if from a distance. I look forward to seeing the path as they continue on
    I am not a morning inside four walls. I am the hurricane setting fire to the forests at night when no one else is alive or awake. I live in my own flames sometimes burning too bright -too wild to make things last and so I run. Far and wide until my bones ache and lungs burn..and it feels good.
    Do you hear that?
    It feels good, it feels good because I am both the slave and the ruler of my own body and I wish to do with it exactly as I please
    Zaila
  • Zaila sucks.

Just kidding, mostly. It's weird seeing Zaila in Enorian, but I know it'll lead to very interesting interactions. Having only gotten to see her once and having enjoyed it, I am most certainly ready for whatever shenanigans Zaila tries to draw Lehar into. 
    Zaila
  • MaddoxMaddox The Internet
    I enjoy our interactions. I hope for them be more frequent. Zaila's a wonderfully complex -- though at times infuriating -- character. I look forward to seeing how she continues to develop.
    Zaila
  • She's mean, a bully, total jerk... I love Zaila. ^_^ Most of my interactions have been her picking on Jaymi and I love that there's some people out there that aren't RPing 'I'mma get along with everyone!' Keep being abrasive, srsly, it works so well for you.

Zaila
  • EliadonEliadon Somewhere Over the Rainbow
    Is hilarious.
    ZailaTacitus
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    edited February 2017
    I love your characterization or her, and it frequently stuns me how much like Ingram she is. Wonderful comic relief, but I don't think she's actually shallow as a character, so there's more to her than just swearing and innuendo.

Emelle, of course, has no idea what to make of her, and is pretty glad she's not Zaila's mother.
    LeharSeirZailaKarhastFaerahTacitus
  • edited February 2017
    Tacitus loves Zaila's attitude and flair. He noticed her about the city here and there, with shouts and some plodding around on the city channel, and captured some of his attention as a result. Finally getting a legitimate interaction with her was well worth it (even though I was highly distracted IRL *sorry Z*), and as a result, Zaila is just that much more fun to be about now. Rough, direct humor and an infantry like choice in attitude and vernacular (love the cussing, and swearing and the ease attached to it). Keep on kickin, Miss Z.

Zaila
  • Bravo to you for being a generally good time across all of my characters I've interacted with you. The most prominent being Sirris who was really just a throwaway alt until he met Zaila who is, all in all, his perfect fit. Keep on doing what you do.

ZailaHaven
  • SeirSeir Seein' All the Things Getting high off your emotion
    My two interactions, aside from tells, with Zaila have been interesting, to say the least.

At first, when Omei had tasked Seir with extracting information from Zaila, she reacted as predictably as Seir expected her to. Unfortunately, that arc quickly became unpleasant when certain elements outside of the arc involved themselves and turned it dramatic. Thankfully, Seir did not have to pursue it further and Omei was pleased enough that Seir did as She asked. However, what I quickly picked up is that Zaila is blunt. VERY blunt. After finding out her parentage, I am not surprised in the slightest either. She... really takes after them both. However, this isn't a bad thing. Rather, Zaila kind of pushes the extreme on the comfort zone and I've likened her to a female Syssin Samuel L. Jackson on OOC channels. She says what is on her mind, comes up with nicknames (calling Seir 'thorny') for people, and is just incredibly forward. This makes her unique in a sense because a lot of Aetolians tend to be a bit reserved, while Zaila is right in your face and going 0 to 60 near instantly.

My only criticism, and this is just me and it's a minor one at most, is that I think you could dial down a vulgarity just a teensy bit. There's parts of it that definitely flesh out Zaila and then there are times where it feels just a bit too forced, like she is cursing just for the sake of cursing. Additionally, I was a bit reserved to interact with you again because of how much it was being dished out. It gave me the wrong idea about you as a player and your character, and that's my fault. However, that's a perception that others may have as a result of the myriad of "colorful" words that Zaila uses on the regular.

Anyway. Overall, your character is unique. She's blunt, sassy, and has a very vibrant and lively personality on the surface. Given the brief conversation that Seir and Zaila had over Congregation, I believe that she has aspects of herself that she is sincerely uncomfortable with, which makes her great for Omei's Order, so I look forward to seeing her explore that dynamic in the future.
    Aryanne
  • I enjoy what I've seen of Zaila, and I appreciate your willingness to play someone abrasive... but you keep leaving the room whenever I come to trawl for RP <_<
    Aryanne
    Mihaketi said:

I enjoy what I've seen of Zaila, and I appreciate your willingness to play someone abrasive... but you keep leaving the room whenever I come to trawl for RP <_<</p>

Maybe her character has a fear of doggos.
    Mihaketi
    edited February 2017
    I wanna say, that waking up to having received a bunch of self-affs posts on my birthday(ish) was just the best thing ever, and even though I don't think you really planned it that way, it totally made my morning, thanks you guys <3

I don't typically respond to a lot of self-affs, cause I'm too worried that I'll descend into "forum RP" territory: and/or just annoy people, but @seir has a good point that made me think, so I'm gonna talk it out at myself here - DON'T MIND ME!

While I do definitely make sure Zaila's language doesn't breech pg-13 realms when I'm participating in any larger scale activity (I never want any players to shy away from an activity for sake of my presence!) I also tend to go SLIGHTLY out of my way to have her swear more at people when she first meets them (assuming they're not noobies, that's just a big no-no) with the player-logic of "if they're going to get turned off by this, I don't want them to possibly get invested and THEN get turned off" However, I was sitting here thinking about it, and generally the closer Zaila gets to someone, the less and less she swears around them, since excessive swearing is one of her big defense mechanisms. So, I probably <i class="Italic">don't need to shoot the expletive cannon at people quite so hard in fear of disappointing them with it later.

@Mihaketi - man, you've just got the WORST timing is all! I swear I'm not trying to ignore you!

(as an added aside, if any player tells me oocly that something I can easily adjust (such as my character's language) is messing with their enjoyment of the game in any way, I am 100% more than happy to shut that bit of something down around them - aetolia is a funtime activity, never let me ruin that for you!)
    TacitusSeirJaymiKodaza
    @Zaila

Don't worry about the expletive cannon too much. You're not shouting it and it's primarily because I'm not used to a character using it. Seir has dropped the f-bomb himself before and it's expected in some scenarios. It just threw me off, really, and I don't want other players potentially avoiding you because they get the wrong assumption of your character's usage of expletives, resulting in them potentially missing out on your character because she's unique in her own way and definitely Ingram's kid in her mannerisms, body language, and speech.

Your character is otherwise very outgoing and being inclusive, in my opinion, is one of the most important things that a player can be. You've hit that mark pretty well.
  • How to describe Zaila!

I have nothing to compare her to. She's colorful, quick of tongue, loud, flittery and unpredictable - impulsive, brash, crude - downright rude. In her own way, she seems like she cares and she worries, even if it is a rarity to see. She's very 'present and REAL' to me, and I think that's the mark of some great roleplay.

Every interaction is full of something unexpected, exciting and something that always makes me crack a grin and laugh. How Zaila and Nola started off rubbing the wrong way to come to the place where they are now will always leave me in some weird state of 'awe'. For being such very different people, I think they've struck a pretty good middle ground - and I am so, so glad that they did because I would have been really missing out this entire time if they hadn't.

Speaking of which, anyone that hasn't interacted with Zaila yet should, because it'll definitely leave you with an impression you won't soon forget. (PS: She grows on you, don't worry).

TacitusZailaSeirHaven
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    I had only very briefly interacted with @zaila before I went on my most recent hiatus. Even then, I got the impression that she is a fully-fleshed (innuendo intended) character. There is a real sense of depth to her, as if the actions or emotions you witness are part of a much larger whole.

Your emotes are a pleasure to read and convey everything you intend, down to the most minute detail. I never feel like you're just trying to throw out "filler" emotes.

Bene and Zaila are an odd mix. Zaila is young (compared to him), feisty, forthright and also calculating. Bene is more placid, weary, sensible and can be a bit of a stick-in-the-mud.

With that being said, they've started their little adventure together with no destination in mind. The shared history between Bene and the Tenors adds an extra touch of context to their slow forming friendship that I enjoy.

To summarise: ME LIKEY. MUCH FUN.
    SeirZaila
  • DrestynDrestyn Bloodloch
    You're alright.

Zaila
  • Zaila is so much fun.

Your writing is beautiful, and the characterization you manage to cram into an emote is straight up impressive. Zaila is a living, breathing character with all the quirks and personality you'd expect of a real person and you play it off flawlessly and with gusto. We've only had a few interactions so far, but I absolutely love that you just never know what you're going to get. The only thing you can be assured of in an interaction is that you're going to have a good time.

Zaila and Koda are two characters that I think are going to get along swimmingly because of their similarities in personality in a lot of ways, and I'm absolutely looking forward to having not only a consistent person to RP with, but the textbook perfect friend for my crazy character.

These two are going to get in trouble, and I'm so excited.
    Zaila
  • Where to start with Zaila? I love the way that you play her, the quirky depth that you put into her is really awesome. It is never a dull moment when we interact and I still absolutely adore the love/hate (mostly hate) relationship that Atarah and Zaila have. Keep it up! <3
    "There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion." - Edgar Allan Poe
    Zaila
  • Could possibly give much praises to the character itself and how well-written it is with quirks and stuff etc. etc. But the messages above already says that. So I shall praise the player instead, I am allowed for that right?

If anything, you encouraged me (or maybe even taught indirectly) in our brief time to delve deeper into the details of a situation. Portraying the moment vividly and drawing enjoyment from that. RPing small things and connecting those small dots for the bigger picture in the end. For that I do thank thee, very much so.

You are a challenge, especially when I consider that English is not my main language. But such a sweet challenge that I would wish for its continuity. Maybe one day I will too start to throw weird words like "contrapposto", who knows!? Regardless, thanks for playing Zaila and please keep doing so, Aetolia would be poorer without you.
    ZailaDidi
  • so salty chuckle definitely keeps you on your toes
    Zaila

• Down down, do yo dance, do yo dance.
    "And finally, swear to Me: You will give your life to Dendara for you are Tiarna an-Kiar."
    ZailaShachalaiNolaKalak
    Illidan said:

Down down, do yo dance, do yo dance.

Seeing this on my phone while scrolling through the forum as I had just woke up.... took me waaaaay too long figure out what that WASN'T a picture of.

(upon realizing what is was, I laughed so hard, thank you for the hilarious wake up post- I want to see a gif of that dancing now)