Lin

LinLin BlackbirdThe Moonglade
"Who?"
Tetchta

Comments

• RhoRho
    edited December 2012
    Dealing with Lin as Rho is like playing Jenga. Sometimes, you'll pull out something that you expect will be easy, and shit falls everywhere. Then, other times, the exact opposite happens, and you're left wondering why. 

It is fascinating and frustrating at the same time, though it varies from one experience to the other which is more felt. Wish Rho and Lin got to interact more, or sometimes at all!
    Lin
  • I love that -anything- can happen during interactions with Lin. She taught Amara how to play Triptycha which was really cool for me as a player. She has tons of moods; drunk Lin, angreh Lin, sweet Lin, cray Lin - so many moods and she really draws you into them. Lin has lots of interesting stories and experiences she draws upon and shares in ways that just draw you in. You never know what she's going to do at any time - if Lin drove, coming into a red light -might- mean she'd stop, but it also -might- mean she finds some way to make the car fly. She's been invaluable in terms of keeping The Republic in that independent attitude and I hope she -never- loses the energy or interest to keep things interesting.
    Orisae
  • Petting a cat. Like..seriously.
  • LinLin Blackbird The Moonglade
    wat
  • I can pretty much vouch for what everyone else has said; Camille's been nothing but confused about her ever since he met her. And it just keeps getting worse. I love it!
    My avatar is not representative of how I or my character look.
  • StathanStathan Hot springs
    RPing with Lin is always interesting. Her reactions are hard to judge as her interest seems to vary from moment from moment. That brief run in at the pond in the guildhall was entertaining though. 

Interesting to talk to. Fun to RP with, creepy at times, but hey, thats fun too!
  • EmelleEmelle Dreamshaper Tecpatl's Cradle
    I finally just had the chance to catch up with you after a long time, and it was really lovely. As always, you write Lin accessibly, convincingly, and with beautiful imagery. I get the impression she's walking a very fine line between finding peace with herself and snapping into madness, and it's interesting to get a glimpse of that precarious balance from the outside, especially as a character who knew her in a former stage of her life. Some things about her are very much the same, others are seemingly new and different -- it makes her wonderfully familiar and strange at the same time. I'm very happy to see you back, and looking forward to what comes next for these friends(?).
    Lin
    edited December 2016
    Lin bumped her head. She's somewhere else, now. Sometimes she's even a he.

Tell me what you think.
  • You're disgusting.

I like that. :> Also, you're always super fun to RP with/at and quite enjoyed drawing Lin out of the basement and towards the inevitable curing. Now Drestyn has to work towards 'redemption' himself and I look forwards to exploring that with Lin.

Lin
  • Lin is adorable and I love her. She's intense and interesting af too. She and Rasani have some stellar rp going.
    Lin
  • DzekkDzekk A training courtyard surrounded by arches
    edited December 2016
    Lin cool.

EDIT: ON A MORE SERIOUS NOTE, Dzekk's interactions with Lin began with awkward introductions and have evolved into a really neat friendship. At first it was just super friendly hellos and whatnot, but I really began to enjoy that friendship immensely when Dzekk was brought in to the pack. He is learning more and more about the pack by watching Lin, mostly, and that's opening him up to a new world of dealing with other people outside of the Templar. I'm super excited to see how thinks turn out with the pack, AND with the Azure Guard.
    (The Front Line): Aishia says, "U better check yourself before u Dzekk urself."
    RunasLin
  • Lin thicc.
    DzekkRasani
  • DelythDelyth West Coast
    Lin drool.
    RunasDzekk
  • SibattiSibatti Mamba dur Naya Amidst vibrant flora and trees
    Lin dude.
    RunasDzekk
  • SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    Lin dictation.

RunasDzekk
    LOOK AT THESE FUNNIE GAISE
    DzekkAkaryuterra
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    Scared of melons. The worst.
    Drestyn
  • KodazaKodaza Los Angeles
    Kodaza's got some discomfort around Lin that's starting to border on hostility, but I hope you know that I actually think you're super cool.

Lin
    Kodaza said:

Kodaza's got some discomfort around Lin that's starting to border on hostility, but I hope you know that I actually think you're super cool.

That's okay, it's a natural risk from playing the sort of character I do.
    Kodaza
  • EleanorEleanor FOR SCIENCE
    Lin date.

RunasAkaryuterra
  • Lin love <3

Lin and Pilar's relationship is so complicated, just like real sisters. I love how the roles have switched since they were younger and untangling that web little by little.
    He told me I was so small...
    I told him, "Water me."

Affirm Pilar!
    Lin
  • AishiaAishia Queen Bee
    edited January 2017
    Runas
  • KerrynKerryn The Black Flagon Inn
    Always a pleasure to rp with, I never quite know what to expect when dealing with Lin. I admire your ability to display Lin's shortcomings and flaws so vividly as well as her strengths and the various facets of what make her such a believable character. Thank you for the RP.

LinNoruinel
    What the hell let's do it.

what'cha think

• Tell me about Lin, why does she wear the mask?
    Not to be absolutely no fun, but that is definitely "find out in-character" material!
  • I was just taking an opportunity to Banepost, it's cool
    Lin
  • BenedictoBenedicto Tentacles Errywhere!
    edited February 2020
    I said a lot of what I wanted to say in my esteem the other day, but for the sake of people viewing it in a public forum, it went something like this;

Lin (as a player) is an amazing RPer. When I was a little Benenub, it was Lin and others like her (Kiyotan, Sibatti, Aky, Eleanor etc) who made me raise my writing game so that I didn't feel like some sort of hick coming from out of the woods to RP with them. Lin is such a fully fleshed, realistic character that you get to experience a broad spectrum of emotions via various RP channels (hint use insight if you have it hint). The writing is outstanding and helps create such a vivid and immersive experience.

In terms of the in character relationship between Lin and Bene, they have been friends for a long time. Are they best friends? Probably not - there is a lot not shared between them - but they are certainly close. I feel that the longer the game goes on and the more that the older, more experienced characters drift away/get retired, it automatically forces a closing of ranks between those that are left behind who find themselves accosted and befuddled by the younger generation. That shared sense of camaraderie is something that Lin and Bene definitely bonded over at one of the latest Duiran events.

So tldr: Great RPer, do yourself a favor and RP with this person. Bit of advice, be mindful of RPing into personal space (shared gripe between the two of us where an action is forced onto you with no opportunity to respond). You'll be rewarded with great RP.

LinMoxieAloli
  • Lin is a darker character that I've grown to love through interaction (and as Bruin, avoidance). Lin is cantankerous and ornery while at times having the combination of unhinged and ominous in presence that really sets her apart. Lin's blasphemy and distrust of powerful forces pulled me in as a player, and putting curiosity into Bruin's head about the fallibility of following blindly or even trusting 'the powers that be'.
    Banner of the Guardians of Dendara
    Bruin and his pet squirrel, Kaly Bruin Bunny Sticker
    "Chibi Bruin" "Easter Bun Bruin"
    By: Konnorn By: Phoenecia
    Lin
  • Lin makes Kjell feel like he may become brunch at any moment! But it was nice to see the glimmer of a soft side beneath the Rojalli, it is the power of flowers!
    Lin