April Fool's (or that thread about the 2016 april 1st admin prank)

I feel like today will be an interesting experiment. I wonder how much (silent) grumbling will occur when everyone who normally just uses SAY will be forced to use EMOTE. Just as I wonder how much RP will be bolstered from this. As I've not seen a lot of RP on my end. I mean, heck, I hand out oranges and tomatos, and the most RP THAT draws in is "oi, green tomatos?" and no continuation >.>
The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."

Comments

• MordtriusMordtrius St Louis MO
    Personally I didn't read the announce post and was super confused. Asked on newbie channel.

I imagine most people will just em says "Blah" and RP won't be bolstered but who knows.
  • my mundane RP (things that happen in just says and such) gained some color and that as nice, I'm not always mentally in the mood to RP. Especially if when I log on, my focus at the time is going to be something more mechanically driven.

That said, I went ahead and made a SAY alias which randomly picked out a few general emotes for just saying something. The process had me entertained for the 10 minutes it took me to code it up.

• SerriceSerrice the Black Fox
    In preparation for removal of tell:

Alias Name: Tell Replacement
    Alias Pattern: ^tell (\w+) (.+)$
    Alias Script:
    get letter from satchel
    open letter
    write letter
    tempTimer(5, [[send(]] .. matches[3].. [[)]])
    tempTimer(5.1, [[send("*save")]])
    tempTimer(5.2, [[close letter]])
    tempTimer(5.3, [[mail letter to ]] .. matches[2] .. [[)]])

TragerDidiAryanneEmelle
  • edited April 2016
    Serrice said:

In preparation for removal of tell:

Alias Name: Tell Replacement
    Alias Pattern: ^tell (\w+) (.+)$
    Alias Script:
    get letter from satchel
    open letter
    write letter
    tempTimer(5, [[send(]] .. matches[3].. [[)]])
    tempTimer(5.1, [[send("*save")]])
    tempTimer(5.2, [[close letter]])
    tempTimer(5.3, [[mail letter to ]] .. matches[2] .. [[)]])

Popularity of satchels and pigeons just rose 3000% percent.

Also: Haven idling will be greatly affected. All the letters you'll miss. All the mudsex RP that can no longer be interrupted by nagging exes' OPINIONS. Hmmm.

XeniaEmelleMariena
  • I'm actually disappointed by the reversion. I was enjoying the prank actually. It made things interesting. and definitely made you think about what you were saying in person, and what you were doing at the time a lot of the time.
    The rushing sound of waves breaking upon a shore fills your mind as Slyphe imparts to you, "Meltas is a bit..special sometimes..."
  • JensenJensen Corruption's Butcher
    When rping I don't like to emote every single says. Most books I've ever read keep dialogue going between characters until a change in setting, mood, or dynamic occurs. I might toss the emote in every 4 or 5 exchanges